Need overclocking info plz.

Hey guys. I was thinking about OCing my i7-930 (2.8ghz stock) some more. It's currently clocked up to 3.4ghz and I've heard of it being clocked up to 4.3ghz. What programs do I use and some good guides to help me go about this. Thanks for your help in advance.

First question, what need do you have that needs an OC'd i7? @_@ If nothing actually needs it, it would be a pointless excercise~ If it's just for WoW, just as it is now is more than enough
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    First question, what need do you have that needs an OC'd i7? @_@ If nothing actually needs it, it would be a pointless excercise~ If it's just for WoW, just as it is now is more than enough
    Probably the same reason why people drive these in public?

Actually i dont even know why your asking why he wants to overclock. Who doesnt want faster hardware?

Just trying to pull a little more preformance out of my hardware untill I can upgrade my gpu.

Use the search function. Has been covered before.

Also, Google.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    What programs do I use
    Your BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    and some good guides to help me go about this.
    Check overclock.net. You really should research all of the voltages. First-gen Core i CPUs have more inter-dependent voltages, unlike Sandy Bridge where overclocking is (for the most part) as simple as "increase multiplier, increase vCore until stable".

For first-gen Core i CPUs, you need to set your RAM to its minimum multiplier, raise BCLK as far as it will go while stable, increase the CPU multiplier as far as it will go while stable, set your RAM multiplier accordingly depending upon your BCLK, and then adjust voltages to keep everything stable. You'll want to learn how vCore, VTT/QPI, PCH, PLL, etc voltages work together and which one to tweak to support the others.

It's not a bad gpu just hitting the end of it's life span. It's a 5570 1gb DDR3 card. I play bulletstorm and some older games, and with bulletstorm I play on medium-low settings along with some other games. I won't be able to upgrade it till sometime in June or later, and then there's the fact I need to install more ram. I only have 3gigs atm. Luckily nothing I do uses more than 2.1gigs.

Deleted
    Actually the 5570 was already a low end GPU when it came out. a Media (not gaming card). It was never designed for playing games.