Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    wouldnt worry too much about it, chances you ever seeing them again in the random dungeon is very remote.

Deleted
    ^ what Conditional said. Also why is hit bad?If it was such a crappy stat then surely it wouldn't be in the game?for all you know i am running with very low hit and missing alot making initial aggro hard.In which case i would rather some more hit.
    Last edited by mmoc99b2d6c076; 2011-05-07 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kati View Post
    ^ what Conditional said. Also why is hit bad?If it was such a crappy stat then surely it wouldn't be in the game?for all you know i am running with very low hit and missing alot making initial aggro hard.In which case i would rather some more hit.
    Hit is a wonderful stat.

For DPS.

For you it's a byproduct of how you gear. I get by with 1.1% hit (it'd be .5% except that the tier shoulders have hit for some strange reason but I want the 4p bonus).

Long term threat isn't an issue if you know what you're doing, even with zero hit and expertise. Initial threat isn't an issue with taunts not missing. If DPS can't wait two GCDs, rogues can't tricks and hunters can't MD, then you have bad DPS.

Said another way, hit benefits you for the first ten seconds of the fight, tops. Mitigation (for you, mastery and crit) and avoidance last you the entire fight.

In the end, hit is useless. Not as useless as haste, perhaps, but useless nonetheless.

Deleted
    You still failed to answer the original question you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    More stam/agi/armor good arguments for bear tanking and yes You are wrongly acused, don't let it bother you and hunters already have insane dps in shitty gear when they play it correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Kati View Post
    You still failed to answer the original question you know?
    What haven't I answered? You took a downgrade from someone who would probably benefit completely from the stats on the gear. You made a poor choice in gearing. Did he need to flame you? I don't know. I don't know how you conducted yourself throughout the run. But he certainly had a right to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    No, please, enlighten me. I'm well aware of how bear stats work, thank you.
    Don't know why I'm biting, since you've demonstrated that you don't even understand the fundamentals of bear mitigation mechanics....

Said another way, hit benefits you for the first ten seconds of the fight, tops. Mitigation (for you, mastery and crit) and avoidance last you the entire fight.

In the end, hit is useless. Not as useless as haste, perhaps, but useless nonetheless.
    (Hint: Hit contributes slightly less to mitigation than crit.)

Stat differences:
    12 agility
    24 armor
    -112 crit
    +117 hit
    +4 dodge
    +6 haste

Approximate final in-combat tanking differences:
    +200 raw damage
    +0.048% dodge
    +0.052 damage reduction from armor
    -0.04% SD proc rate
    +31 health per SD bubble
    +0.061% damage absorbed with SD

The 346 will proc SD more often, but will cause it to absorb less per hit. Combine that with the loss in dodge and armor, and the 353 comes out on top.

Final verdict: It's an upgrade. A very small upgrade, but an upgrade.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Deleted
    Not read all 3 pages, but I certainly don't see an issue.

It is an upgrade.

What haven't I answered? You took a downgrade from someone who would probably benefit completely from the stats on the gear. You made a poor choice in gearing. Did he need to flame you? I don't know. I don't know how you conducted yourself throughout the run. But he certainly had a right to complain.
    Your whole argument is invalidated by a 2-roll combat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Your whole argument is invalidated by a 2-roll combat system.
    2-roll for yellows...but yes.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, the hunter got mad because he didn't get what he wanted. The only problem is, the other people in your group need to read up on specs/classes.

If the armor, agility, and stamina are the primary focus and teh secondary stats are Meh for bear tanks as some make it seem, Why not just do some games for conquest and get the 365 PvP one? Who cares if it has a secondary stat wasted on Resil, it has more armor, agility, and stamina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    If the armor, agility, and stamina are the primary focus and teh secondary stats are Meh for bear tanks as some make it seem, Why not just do some games for conquest and get the 365 PvP one? Who cares if it has a secondary stat wasted on Resil, it has more armor, agility, and stamina
    I did not ask for alternatives.It was a comparison of the two items in my original post.
    Last edited by mmoc99b2d6c076; 2011-05-07 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Ilianah View Post
    Welllll, hit is useless to you, and there are better cloaks out there for you, so the polite thing to do would be to wait until your cloak dropped. It was kind of a not-nice thing to do, seeing as even reforging would leave you with some of a useless stat.
    ^ Hunter...

Seriously though, with gear homogenization, sometimes getting an upgrade means taking something that's not itemized exactly how you'd most like. It's still an upgrade. A lot of people are very misinformed when it comes to Druids and dont know what stats we use or we use them. Bottom line is, like someone else said, upgrades are upgrades and if random people in pugs want to be stupid and QQ because they lost the roll, just remember, /ignore works x-realm now too

Deleted
    well you needed it ? nuff said imo

Deleted
    a upgrade is a upgrade even tho it could be better for something else ( not saying u ninjad cos u deserved it for 100% )
    ppl need to stop QQing when they dont get what they want

u didnt do anything wrong

I love these threads, thing is it also depends on the stats and sometimes talents the player uses, and if the change is such a minor thing then give him some slack, let him use what he wants -even if in your eyes it's a very very very minor downgrade, maybe he needs that extra health or dodge.

I personally reforge haste and crit to other stats and I got 30% crit in bear, I don't think you need to worry about crit if you got around 25%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Don't know why I'm biting, since you've demonstrated that you don't even understand the fundamentals of bear mitigation mechanics....

(Hint: Hit contributes slightly less to mitigation than crit.)

Stat differences:
    12 agility
    24 armor
    -112 crit
    +117 hit
    +4 dodge
    +6 haste

Approximate final in-combat tanking differences:
    +200 raw damage
    +0.048% dodge
    +0.052 damage reduction from armor
    -0.04% SD proc rate
    +31 health per SD bubble
    +0.061% damage absorbed with SD

The 346 will proc SD more often, but will cause it to absorb less per hit. Combine that with the loss in dodge and armor, and the 353 comes out on top.

Final verdict: It's an upgrade. A very small upgrade, but an upgrade.
    Just stole the thread? As in, wow.. stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you equip it after enchanting/reforging? Then you are fine. This was a pug. In a guild raid you can have some discussion about who gets more from it but in a pug an upgrade is an upgrade. As long as you legitimately will use it, roll on it.

Deleted
    Yes i am using it.