10+ Year Old Account

I dont understand Jews

so i had this really big debate between this Jewish kid in the class about Jews. how this in class debate started is when this kid referred to Jews as race while she was answering the teacher's question, even though the fact that she was Jewish had NOTHING to do with the question. so after she finished saying her answer i said to her that "Judaism is not a race but a religion". we said some things back and forth which resulted in me being anti semitic because i couldn't accept her as being a race and not a religion...no one took it seriously so there is no harm but what is your opinion? are Jewish people a race or a religion?

Deleted
    it is a religion per say, but Hitler made them as a race bekos of the puring and killing and ofc the ghettos.

and the count as a race in the world atm.

Deleted
    Judaism is a reliegion. being a descendant of jewish parents also makes you a jew until you vow for another religion, even if you are atheist or something

10+ Year Old Account
    its a religion not a race wouldn't be racist it would be religious discrimination

"Religious discrimination involves treating a person (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because of his or her religious beliefs. The law protects not only people who belong to traditional, organized religions, such as Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism, but also others who have sincerely held religious, ethical or moral beliefs."

To me, Judaism is a religion and not a race. A race from the way I was raised is Caucasian, African, Asian, etc.
    *broken sig link*

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Judaism is the "religion, philosophy, and way of life" of the Jewish people."

"The Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים‎‎ ISO 259-3 Yhudim Israeli pronunciation [jehu'dim]), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and ethnoreligious group originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. "

"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also unified by a common religious background."

Does that help? All quotes are from Wikipedia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but Religion is a forbidden topic on these forums. Please see the forum guidelines for more details.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...idelines-*NEW*
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php