Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah I do agree. The idea that I, as a horde player, can literally just fly into stormwind now is just absurd. The feeling of being in a dangerous world is completely gone, and has been for a long time now. I think it'd be impossible for them to go back now though.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    There is a reason for that, it's called Skettis.
    I don't see how Skettis is relevant.

I agree it's stupid, I facepalmed the second I saw they were implementing this.
    It also looks horrible to see sw filled with giant dragons.

If anything, I see MORE world pvp than i did before in BC, or Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP just can't afford masters flying. "If I can't fly at 310% no one can!"

World PvP has never been good, get over it and que for a bg.

Also, by your logic, planes ruined the world cuz I can't look at trees while flying across the country. Have fun walking you sissy.

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    Yeah I do agree. The idea that I, as a horde player, can literally just fly into stormwind now is just absurd. The feeling of being in a dangerous world is completely gone, and has been for a long time now. I think it'd be impossible for them to go back now though.
    Outland was designed with flying mounts in mind, Azeroth was not (initially).

Deleted
    Flying mounts DESTROYED the little world pvp that there was
    and the community, late night talks in orgrimmar in front of the ah anyone ?

also
    the lfg tool

LOOOOOL GET REAL
    Tyrs hand farming was amazing ...youd find just about anyone there ..you know..back when you knew your server community

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I think if anyone truly wants to enjoy the environment that is Azeroth they would. Sadly enough most people don't give a damn. Besides your on your feet from 1-60 anyway you have ALL the time in the world to see those zones to their fullest... err well till your level 60. I enjoyed ever zone on my way to 60 no need to take my flying mount away when I'm not gonna go anywhere near that zone again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    I don't see how Skettis is relevant.
    The birds... the freaking birds...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post

Also, by your logic, planes ruined the world cuz I can't look at trees while flying across the country. Have fun walking you sissy.
    Way to be a complete moron and not understand his post at all.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Well to be honest, ''World pvp'' hasn't been since vanilla

imo

Ever heard of a strawman argument? Those weren't the points he was making AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Good job on misunderstanding my post completely. It's not just about looking at the environment, it's about having some areas of the game be inaccessible by the player and thus creating that notion that the environment is bigger than the player. It's underwhelming to be able to just fucking fly to any point in the game and feel like the game world is a dollhouse: immersion is broken. Stranglethorn Vale is awesome when you're walking through it on the ground; fly above the trees and it looks like shit, the magic of the zone lost in the process. The idea that you can do that to any zone literally breaks the game.
    I didn't miss it. I just picked up a part of it.

That depends how you see flying. Theres the people that see it as you, and then there is people that see it different.
    Flying don't allow you anything else than transport. We not birds, and will never be. Flight Masters gave us transport, now we just got control over our transport. Of course, you can fly high above the ground, but the thing is, theres nothing to do there. There is nothing special to do in air, other than transport without obstacles. You will end up go down to the ground to reach your goal.

I'm not saying flying mounts have killed WoW as a whole, I'm saying they've ruined the atmosphere in the game to a large point and caused world PvP to go extinct.
    Same idea. You're QQing about some aspect of the game and how you hate it, and then saying X MMO is so much better than WoW because it lacks/improves said feature.

Also, world PvP died from BGs, not 100% from flyers.

And if you're not getting why flight paths are different from flying mounts, you haven't bothered to read my post at all. There's a definite difference between the two, one so glaringly obvious that I'm sure even you can figure out easily.
    Flight paths are flying over things, flyers are flying over things. Same thing.

I fucking SAID why me not flying isn't going to change anything when the rest of the players are incentivized to get on the fliers anyway.
    You sound upset.

Being able to zip right on top of a mountain DOES make that mountain appear less imposing and massive, because you can just instantly reach the very top of it without any effort. It makes the environment appear far less imposing and realistic.
    Not really. Like I said, being able to fly atop a mountain doesn't make it look smaller. You're imagining it's smaller because it takes less time to get to the top. I'm willing to bet you're one of the people who QQs that epics aren't epic anymore because they don't take huge, time-consuming quest chains to obtain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooShuffle View Post
    Outland was designed with flying mounts in mind, Azeroth was not (initially).
    Okey?10chars

Quote Originally Posted by The Juicer View Post
    You seem to forget that most world PvP happens while leveling, when most people don't have flying mounts. And lets say there weren't any flying mounts, and you ran by an alliance while both of you are on your ground mount. No PvP. Now say you ran into that same alliance while you were doing a daily quest. Chances are, you'd fight that alliance--whether he dismounted a ground mount to do that quest or a flying mount. And world PvP still happens, albeit infrequently, when a raid on an enemy city is organized. Flying mounts help make that raid infinitely easier to organize and mobilize.

As for environment image issues, zones like Deepholm, with its sheer rock faces, or even beautiful Nagrand, would never have looked so amazing. Deepholm from the ground is just purple dust, and Nagrand without flight looks like a bumpier Mulgore.
    Nagrand is actually far more beautiful on the ground. Not to mention that Outland as a whole is full of chasms and rifts since it's this broken and ravaged continent, and you can actually fall off it. With a flying mount you don't feel any danger due to the environment. And I don't really get why you can't appreciate the waterfalls and rock formations in Nagrand, or the cliff faces in Deepholm, without being on a flying mount.

And let me describe how PvP is with a flying mount. Since you can zoom into the air to escape any danger, combat will either be experienced while: questing/killing mobs/while in combat, creating an unfair advantage for the attacker; while another player is AFK; or in the limited indoor environments, most of which are either enclosed areas full of mobs or buildings with neutral NPCs that will kill attacking players.

And since you can get a flying mount at level 60 now, that's 25 levels beyond where you aren't going to experience much world PvP at all.

All I can say is, that after years of looking at the same "incredible" (rofl) scenery, I'm more than happy to just be able to fly wherever the hell I want. Does it ruin the atmosphere maybe a tad? Sure, but that's also to blame on design (omg let's give everyone a dragon mount) and is a minor price to pay for the convenience.

Deleted
    You know.... Honestly, I have to agree with you. I have never really thought of it as a problem, though I have felt something's been missing for a long time. I think you just helped me pinpoint what I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

Not exactly. Flight paths don't tend to take you exactly to your destination (unless you're going to a city) - or they didn't used to before they added loads more flight paths in cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's underwhelming to be able to just fucking fly to any point in the game and feel like the game world is a dollhouse: immersion is broken.
    Immersion is subjective. What breaks immersion for you doesn't break it for everyone else, and not everyone cares about immersion anyway. Forcing everyone to adhere to your own perceived immersion is rather narcissistic.

Stranglethorn Vale is awesome when you're walking through it on the ground; fly above the trees and it looks like shit, the magic of the zone lost in the process.
    Again, subjective. I remember my first time flying around Azeroth in Cataclysm beta and thinking how beautiful the world looked from above.

The idea that you can do that to any zone literally breaks the game.
    The game has survived flying mounts for over four years. I think the use of "literally" here is extreme overexaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Same idea. You're QQing about some aspect of the game and how you hate it, and then saying X MMO is so much better than WoW because it lacks/improves said feature.

Also, world PvP died from BGs, not 100% from flyers.

You sound upset.

Not really. Like I said, being able to fly atop a mountain doesn't make it look smaller. You're imagining it's smaller because it takes less time to get to the top. I'm willing to bet you're one of the people who QQs that epics aren't epic anymore because they don't take huge, time-consuming quest chains to obtain.
    Yes, make a false assumption about me because you're someone who can't stand the idea of another person critiquing the game. It makes so much sense that I hate everything Blizzard has done with WoW because I'm complaining about this one aspect of the game today.