Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I agree with the OP. And flying mounts are way too fast! They fly at super sonic speeds in relation to the distances on the ground. Obviously, taking flying mount off the game is not a solution, but I would love if they added cooler flight mechanics and the ability to dismount players in the air without them insta dieing because of fall damage.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    OP is right, they have ruined the atmosphere and feel for the game.

But there's a shitload of other stuff that has contributed aswell

Deleted
    Can you just imagine leveling archeaology without the ability to fly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree I feel that Azaroth feels even bigger now (thats not including new territory) since you can view the world from a different perspective. Yes you can always take a flight path to get that perspective but you cant sit there and be amazed at the world, with a flight path your always moving. Flying mounts have always been the next step up from ground mounts in games. Also when flying mounts first came out in wow everybody thought why not azaroth but they got used to it and forgot about that, then wrath came out and they allowed flying in northrend which is fine but it was stupid that you still couldnt fly in azaroth since northrend is part of azaroth. Now they allow flying in azaroth and people want to go back to when it took forever to get some where? Like some one else said just use your ground mounts you dont have to fly. As for the gankers that sit high in the air and drop down to kill you I had that problem in outland and northrend I dont seem to have that problem in azaroth with cata but really whats different about a lvl 85 rolling up on you on a ground mount or a flying mount, the outcome is the same.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2011-10-20 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    I agree with the OP. And flying mounts are way too fast! They fly at super sonic speeds in relation to the distances on the ground.
    Well not really super sonic ... the Master flying is only around ... 126 mph or so, based on a 7 yd/sec run speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree. All of those X-53 Touring Rockets sending greenhouse gasses into Azeroth's atmosphere is causing an enormous hole in the ozone layer over Tanaris, but those greedy Goblins keep spreading lies about "no player-generated global warming".

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    I agree with OP, especially on the spontaneous player interaction. I believe flying mounts in Azeroth are something we wanted but would have been better off not having - flying over everything is not adventuring. Adventuring in WoW therefore is now dead.
    Funny about that.

I happened to be flying around and discovered a place called the Steam Pools. I had no idea what the area was for.

Without my flying mount I would never have been able to adventure and discover so freely in current day Azeroth.

The reason there was no flying is because there were unfinished zones in azeroth, now that they are finished we are able to fly. I think blizzard feels its a game improvement and I doubt they will take it away because people feels nostalgic. I feel blizzard does not like to go back on something they think is an improvement. I admit sometimes I feel a little nostalgic but screw a ground mount flying is 100% better!