Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    in some rare occasions, the MoBo requires X ram chip to be in Y slot, if this is not, it fails to boot up the BIOS, have had this happen in 2 old comps i tried to fix for my cousin and my dad

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bad, it is a HP s5305z,

The MoBo is a PEGATRON Narra6 6.01

DDR3 Ram, PC3-8500U (says on the stick)

It's 1066.

Brand is Crucial.

I think the brand that came with the computer is Samsung.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duulis View Post
    Oh sorry I sure missed it if you really said something else in your posts that 8/10 BIOSes beep two times for memory error and that Phoenix's BIOSes are shit.

Damn Finnish people don't like losing in anything.
    Finnish people should learn about sarcasm.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also took both out and still beeped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of that Mobo, Google didnt provide and photos.

Does the motherboard have a MEMOK button?

Any red lights close to the Ram slots?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    My bad, it is a HP s5305z,

The MoBo is a PEGATRON Narra6 6.01

DDR3 Ram, PC3-8500U (says on the stick)

It's 1066.

Brand is Crucial.

I think the brand that came with the computer is Samsung.
    The RAM you picked should work with that motherboard. This is what it says about memory:

Code:
        Dual channel memory architecture
        Two DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
        Supported DIMM types:
            PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
            PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
        Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
        Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
        Supports up to 4 GB* on 32 bit PCs 

*32-bit operating systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
    Seriously if the computer doesn't work even after taking the extra memory out, check for burn marks in the motherboard RAM slots and in the RAM itself.

Also since it's dual channel you should have an amount of RAM sticks that can be divided by two (2, 4, 6, 8...)

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karatepelle View Post
    Finnish people should learn about sarcasm.
    Some Finnish people should learn what Sarcasm actually means.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've never heard of it and can't find pictures because it is a custom made motherboard for the HP Slimline.

I also don't see any burn marks, I didn't do this procedure on carpet and touched the metal case first, so I shouldn't have shocked it. It is 2 sticks of 2GB ram.

Doesn't mean the RAM wasn't DoA.

The original RAM isn't working?

Are you trying to use more than 4Gb memory?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've never heard of it and can't find pictures because it is a custom made motherboard for the HP Slimline.

I also don't see any burn marks, I didn't do this procedure on carpet and touched the metal case first, so I shouldn't have shocked it. It is 2 sticks of 2GB ram.
    I actually found it's spesification and a picture with Google after you posted the real name.

If anyone is interested, check:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...t=4187184#N134

It's an asus motherboard and I tried accessing asus's support site to check the BIOS beeps, but apparently http://support.asus.com is down :/

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just 4 GB. I took oout the Crucial ram and am just trying the original ram now. Still beeps. ><

Deleted
    Some Finnish people should learn what Sarcasm actually means.
    Must be a sad country that you live in.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatepelle View Post
    Must be a sad country that you live in.
    Can we stop with this? You were wrong and your posts involved no sarcasm. Using quotation marks on something doesn't instantly make it sarcastic. A good example being your earlier post.

I will not be discussing this further with you, but would like to focus on the actual purpose of this thread.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been talking with this worthless support on the phone for 30 minutes now, saying to switch the ram in different slots wwhich I did and remove the graphics card and ram, cant even get the gfx card out,, uhg.

Deleted
    Mod Warning: Stop the nation-bashing and flaming. Next person to continue will be infracted.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been talking with this worthless support on the phone for 30 minutes now, saying to switch the ram in different slots wwhich I did and remove the graphics card and ram, cant even get the gfx card out,, uhg.
    Getting the graphics card out sometimes requires using a little bit strength. It might be scary to pull it out hard but sometimes that is neccessary. Be also be sure that you have unscrewed the screw that is usually holding it in place.

I doubt that the graphics card is the cause though, if the problem appeared when you instered the new RAM...

Try just putting a single stick of ram in one slot and starting the machine. Then try moving it to the other slot. Repeat this for all RAM you have.

And isn't the graphics onboard for that MoBo?

And honestly, simply touching the case doesn't necessarily guarantee you've grounded yourself. You need actual unpainted metal, that's preferably part of something grounded (like a plugged in PSU).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    Try just putting a single stick of ram in one slot and starting the machine. Then try moving it to the other slot. Repeat this for all RAM you have.

And isn't the graphics onboard for that MoBo?
    I think there is either the integrated one, which in no way can be removed or there is a graphics card using the PCI-E x16 slot. Might be wrong here though..

Would be strange if the tech support asks you to remove the graphics card if it is integrated in that model though...

I doubt that the graphics card is the cause though, if the problem appeared when you instered the new RAM...
    Assuming he didn't fatfinger something. Ugh. Inexperienced DIY'er plus a compact PC. Honestly not sure he had any business cracking the damn thing open in the first place.

---------- Post added 2011-05-07 at 07:23 PM ----------

Would be strange if the tech support asks you to remove the graphics card if it is integrated in that model though...
    If he's dealing with first tier tech support they're going to be asking him stuff based on a list. That list isn't necessarily different for a given model.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try resetting the CMOS with the jumper on the motherboard. It's worth a shot anyway.

Edit: Also if your board has 4 ram slots that have 2 different colors, be sure that you're putting the ram sticks into the same colored slots.
    Last edited by Mordread; 2011-05-07 at 11:28 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    If he's dealing with first tier tech support they're going to be asking him stuff based on a list. That list isn't necessarily different for a given model.
    Might be so... I have been only dealing with Tech Support at work and every time I have contacted them they seem to know everything about their products.

HP's tech support atleast for companies is top notch.