Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A social problem

Hey MMO.

I never thought I would come to asking for social advices on an MMO forum, but here I am

well, for starters, im a 19 year old boy. Im very deeply in love with a supercute girl in my class, and we're good friends.

Well, there you got it. My problem. We're friends. I've never had a real relationship, I've had many girls tho, but never in a real realitionships. Either they are just hot girls at parties, or they are friends if I meant them at daily basis. Im not really the .. quarterback type of guy. More like the average, smart and funny nerd Please dont misunderstand tho, its not like I have social problems, I have alots of friends, my problem is just getting serious in love with the girl of my dreams..

So, she's single, cute and goes into my class. We laugh alot togheter, and hang out, the problem is she talks to me about how handsome other boys are, and how she likes him, and blabla, its almost like im her gayfriend! How do I tell her how I feel?

inb4 "your a pussy, just tell her"

In my experience, once you're Friendzoned™, you're stuck there.

Don't come on too strong, but be honest about your feelings.

Ask her if there's any chance she feels the same way or possibly could in the future, and get closure so you're not wasting your time on something that will never go anywhere.

the problem is she talks to me about how handsome other boys are, and how she likes him, and blabla, its almost like im her gayfriend!
    That's actually not a bad thing. If she's comfortable enough telling you who she likes and what she finds attractive, it means she trusts you, and a relationship founded on that trust is going to be many times stronger than a relationship founded on "shes supercute and I'm a nice, funny, smart guy." Open up to her, but like Xcruiser said, don't come on too strong, just be honest.

Also. Don't tell her your in love with her... just tell her you like her a lot. Just trust me on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Not always but pretty much 99% of the time you are SOL.

@ OP: I'd talk to her and be honest about it with her. Don't come off too strong just ask if there is any chance she would like going somewhere with you one day and hang out. See where it goes from there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take her out to some place where both you and her feel comfortable. It shouldn't be something fancy or whatever, just a place where you can sit down and talk to her without being interrupted or disturbed.

As a girl, I can tell you that most girls really don't know their true feelings until they get confronted with them. Ask her face-to-face how she feels about you, and if she'd like you just as a friend or more. Be subtle, don't push it. It might be that she'll react weird and act weird, but she'll probably just need some time to think or whatever.
    If your friendship is strong, it'll last even if it'll never be more than just that. Just be honest about your feelings, she will appreciate it. And if she doesn't appreciate that, lies to you or if she lets the friendship you guys have get ruined by this, then she's not even worth it.

Just try your luck. No is what you've got, yes is what you can get.
    Proud owner of Imonition.

yeah thanks guys, I guess that means I just have to jump into it

just so afraid to destroy our friendship, but I guess Ill have to try :P

better to regret what you did, than too regret you never did it, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barryboylolz View Post
    yeah thanks guys, I guess that means I just have to jump into it

just so afraid to destroy our friendship, but I guess Ill have to try :P

better to regret what you did, than too regret you never did it, right?
    Pretty much :P Living and always asking "what if" to yourself isn't easy to live with.

Friends come and go, make the most of the opportunities in life that you do get. If you don't make a move you could wind up regretting it for a very long time.

Most people have the one that got away story, not many of those could say they took the chance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by barryboylolz View Post
    Hey MMO.

I never thought I would come to asking for social advices on an MMO forum, but here I am

well, for starters, im a 19 year old boy. Im very deeply in love with a supercute girl in my class, and we're good friends.

Well, there you got it. My problem. We're friends. I've never had a real relationship, I've had many girls tho, but never in a real realitionships. Either they are just hot girls at parties, or they are friends if I meant them at daily basis. Im not really the .. quarterback type of guy. More like the average, smart and funny nerd Please dont misunderstand tho, its not like I have social problems, I have alots of friends, my problem is just getting serious in love with the girl of my dreams..

So, she's single, cute and goes into my class. We laugh alot togheter, and hang out, the problem is she talks to me about how handsome other boys are, and how she likes him, and blabla, its almost like im her gayfriend! How do I tell her how I feel?

inb4 "your a pussy, just tell her"
    Don't rush it, chances are a relationship with her at your age will end and you may have no chances. Let it play out, you may both start dating people, but just reassure your friendship and don't let the friendship lose strength. Someday it may happen.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

could try to test the waters with casual little flirts, like compliment her on things you know she would like to hear. You should have a rough idea on how to flirt just a little bit but still seem like you aren't full on flirting.
    Ask her questions about herself, get her talking, the more you know about her the better.
    Good luck.

Ah, the friendzone. So unpleasant, yet so welcoming once you get in on their deepest secrets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Pretty much :P Living and always asking "what if" to yourself isn't easy to live with.
    Agreed. Regret hasn't made anyone happier

tell her you like her so you can get rejected and begin the healing/getting over her process.

Yes, I'm bitter. prepare for the worst and expect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had two relationships (one of them almost three years) where I started out friends with the woman and we grew a "thing" for each other over time. One thing I noticed is always being there for her. I would've never experienced those two relationships if I didn't put myself in the position of the "go-to" guy when the lady was feeling down.

@ OP: If you become close enough for you to be put in that position, use it to your advantage. I'm not saying to take advantage of her, but show her the type of guy you really are with compassion and understanding. Talk to her, comfort her, have fun with her. If she really wants a relationship, a good one, she'll see your qualities and probably consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew View Post
    Yes, I'm bitter.
    Bitter and then some? Amazing album

OP, it sounds like you're dead center in the middle of friendzone. Good luck, but just be prepared if you get a no because of your geographical location in friendzone.

xD i had the same problem xD
    my cousine gave me a good advice, witch offer you a way back to the "frindshipzone" if she not interested
    if you wanna try do this but you need acces to alcohol ! (hurray for germany! ^^ drinking is legal at the age of 18 !!)
    a little together
    after a 3-4 drinks try a little bit of skinship
    if she let you talk a little bit about your failed relationships and name some of you weakpoints. if she try to cheer you up ask her what your good points are in her opinion.
    if that works drink more !!! pretend to be a little bit drunken and say you want somebody like her
    observe her reaction
    if you think she wouldn't turn you down say you like her more then a friend
    if you think she would turn change the subject
    if you told her you like her but she turns you down, say sorry and blame it on the alcohol ^^
    worked for me xD
    *sorry for my bad english :P*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lialye View Post
    xD i had the same problem xD
    my cousine gave me a good advice, witch offer you a way back to the "frindshipzone" if she not interested
    if you wanna try do this but you need acces to alcohol ! (hurray for germany! ^^ drinking is legal at the age of 18 !!)
    a little together
    after a 3-4 drinks try a little bit of skinship
    if she let you talk a little bit about your failed relationships and name some of you weakpoints. if she try to cheer you up ask her what your good points are in her opinion.
    if that works drink more !!! pretend to be a little bit drunken and say you want somebody like her
    observe her reaction
    if you think she wouldn't turn you down say you like her more then a friend
    if you think she would turn change the subject
    if you told her you like her but she turns you down, say sorry and blame it on the alcohol ^^
    worked for me xD
    *sorry for my bad english :P*
    No, bad. Really bad. If the girl has brains she'll know that people know exactly what they do when they had alcohol, unless they blacked out.
    Better to do it completely sober. She might think you'll need alcohol to tell her about your feelings. Meh. Bad idea.
    Just be honest. The truth might hurt either one of you, but at the end it'll be the best. No alcohol, no drugs, no whatever stuff that makes you act or think weird.
    Last edited by Habbekrats; 2011-05-08 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What this person said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to add alcohol to the equation is like trying to use crayons on a masterpiece painting thinking it will add more detail to it.