Thread: I need a game!

I need a game!

I'm looking for a good RPG, for me. My favorite two game series have been Ratchet and Clank, and Jak, both for the PlayStation. I never really liked RPGs like Final Fantasy, Oblivion, etc. More "cartoony" and less serious. I don't care what console, how old it is, or anything.
    To try to be more specific, I like the open world feeling you get in R&C, but not when it is huge and overwhelming like in Oblivion. I like the witty humor and the somewhat free roam areas, with secrets being a major plus!
    Thanks!

The witcher maybe? Try it out I enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    The witcher maybe? Try it out I enjoyed it
    Looking at it on the interwebs right now, looks cool!

Deleted
    Tales of Vesperia for the 360?

R&C and Jak were RPGs... ? Since when ? o.O

They were Platformers :|

Anyways - Might want to give Dragon Age 1/2, or Mass Effect 1/2 a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrus View Post
    Looking at it on the interwebs right now, looks cool!
    Glad to help out!

Earthbound / Mother 3 are pretty good and fit that description if you haven't played those already. And perhaps the Dragon Warrior/Quest series as an alternative to Final Fantasy? Oh and someone mentioned Tales of Vesperia, but pretty much the entire Tales series is on point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since someone already mentioned the Mother series il throw out some similar style games.

for PS2: If you want a very non-serious humorous RPG definitely get Okage Shadow King. Its a turn based RPG and the main plot involves a boy who's sister gets a curse on her that forces her to speak pig-Latin. In order to cure her the boy makes a deal with a demon lord named Stan who will cure her. In exchange for the cure Stan makes the boy become his eternal servant by turning into his shadow and ordering him on a journey across the world to destroy the other self-proclaimed demon lords so that Stan can reign supreme. Very bizarre and humorous game. Being a fan of the Mother series it made me feel right at home.

on PS1: Another less serious and humorous RPG but not to the extent of Okage is Shadow Madness. When you first play it you can clearly tell they were trying to make it look and play like Final Fantasy VII but the setting and characters really set it apart. For example one of your party members if a floating head named Magnus Von Moon, another is a robot built for harvesting crops. The settings are really fun to explore, like for example inside of inns you will find bibles next to beds that will talk about the ancient origins of the world which involves a hippie-version of Jesus arriving from a UFO. The enemies take a page from the Mother series at times with enemies like killer mimes. Another thing I liked about it was half way into the game the party splits up and goes on two separate quests which is fun for the interaction of the various characters between each other. This trailer doesn't really show much of what I was just talking about but it shows the battle style so il just link it anyway.

on PC: Anachronox: a sci-fi style RPG with game play very similar to Chrono Trigger. A very humorous yet at times serious game. Rather then explain it il just link a trailer for it and you can decide from that.

And of course if you are into tactic RPGs there is the entire Disgaea series on PS2/PS3/PSP.
    Also on PSP and also a tactics RPG: Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman.

Fable and Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrus View Post
    I'm looking for a good RPG, for me. My favorite two game series have been Ratchet and Clank, and Jak, both for the PlayStation. I never really liked RPGs like Final Fantasy, Oblivion, etc. More "cartoony" and less serious. I don't care what console, how old it is, or anything.
    To try to be more specific, I like the open world feeling you get in R&C, but not when it is huge and overwhelming like in Oblivion. I like the witty humor and the somewhat free roam areas, with secrets being a major plus!
    Thanks!
    I recommend the Call of Duty series,is one that holds a special place in my heart. I have always been very fond of video games of all genres, and this was no exception. It has got good features like multiplayer,great story, and amazing game play of the Call of Duty series:Modern Warfare game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'ld recommend the snes rpg's/adventure games

Zelda: link to the past.
    Lufia 2: rise of the sinistrals
    Chrono trigger
    Secret of mana
    Illusion of time (different name in the US)
    Secret of evermore
    FF (the series went downhill at 7 IMO)

and of course Ocarina of time for N64, still the best game ever imho