The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

Hey everyone i have a question about adobe premiere and adobe after effects. Alright so me and my friend have been working on youtube videos lately and he started messing around in adobe after effects. He made an intro to our videos and an outro to them. The problem is that i have no idea what format he is supposed to export them as since there are multiple ones. I have tried putting all of them into my adobe premiere but it says im missing files. What should i do about this? I also have adobe after effects btw if it matters and im on win7. They are all torrented copies of them if its alright to say. I just don't have the money right now to pay for all these programs and adobe seems kinda greedy when it comes to these but thats just my opinion. Also this seems like a fun little hobby so why not. Pretty much how do i get my friends info on his computer to mine and into adobe premiere and what format do i use. Thanks many times for those that reply. One more thing is that we both have the CS5.5 versions of the programs.
    Last edited by Plaincow; 2011-05-08 at 07:25 PM.

Don't be a stink' pirate and download too big programs you don't know how to use, there are plenty of more manageable video editors available for $50-100. If you aren't pirating, you might get a manual *gasp* that describes how the programs work together.

Here's a little hint though... You might want to render the premade intro and outro at best possible lossless quality and just drop those in to the video in Premiere.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're short. Export them as quicktime with animation codec. They can become quite big for file transfer over the internet though.

Motion JPEG as codec can reduce the size (though still quite big at 100% quality slider) so you could experiment up a good setting for that without losing too much noticable quality on youtube. Problem there is that there's nu support for an Alpha channel if your friend was planning for any transparent part. Then he might have to color those areas and then make you key that color out.

If your friend is totally new to AE when it comes to exporting: Don't go File -> Export. You go Composition -> Add to render queue and then open up the render queue tab (down where comp tabs are) and make your settings.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-05-08 at 08:15 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the replies and the help but what render settings should i use in after effects? and why does it say that i have to download some missing files when he transfers them to me as the adobe premiere save file?