Thread: About kitty dps

10+ Year Old Account

About kitty dps

Soo.. here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h%c3%b3/simple

As you can see i have a while to go before i have the best gear i can get ^^

But my question is: Can it really be true that i can keep a 13k dps in ZA/ZG with the gear i currently have? I'm also wondering if it'l be even more dps when i get 353+ in all slots?

Currently i've kind of been ignoring Savage Roar, and getting an extra Ferocious Bite. Is that good or bad?

Thnx in advance

I can do 11k DPS in a bear specced char with greens doing it badly(Messing around) - on a target dummy, though... 13k in ZA/ZG gear should be pretty easy.

Looking at your char, you should get your gear sorted out, at least your 346 items; Enchants/gems/reforge, etc.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-05-08 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did u see my armory? I'm doing 13k dps with the gear i currently have like i said above

ferocious bite isnt worth it untill the mob/boss is below iirc 20% at wich point it refreshes Rip. at all times you should have

1. Mangle
    2. Rake
    3. Rip
    4. Savage Roar

and just blow Tiger's Fury @ cooldown, Berserk you can also spam @ CD but i find it more usefull to just save it.

DPS wise 13k seems a bit high especialy with the fact that your gear isnt enchanted and ungemmed. If you gem/chant/reforge properly i think it be doable if you play @ the top of yer game. Myself i did about 16k dps with just 346 blues and gemmed/chanted/reforged for tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnyx View Post
    Currently i've kind of been ignoring Savage Roar, and getting an extra Ferocious Bite. Is that good or bad?
    Yes that is bad :P, FB should only be used on bosses that are below 25% of thier health while you have a Rip up (since it refrshed the duration of the Rip), savage raor whill its not a major dps improvement or loss it should be kept up, but you should give prio to rip ifstead of savage raor if their times expire at the same time.

you gear does seem quite low, but we ferals scale mainly whit our main weapon and you got a decent weapon so i think you should start todo more dps, feel free to read the cat - guide topic (its a sticky on the druid forums here)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Pnyx View Post
    Did u see my armory? I'm doing 13k dps with the gear i currently have like i said above
    Yeah my bad, I didn't go to bed last night so I'll blame that. ;D

Your DPS seems about right for that gear if you're playing right, so with full ZA/ZG you should be able to do quite a bit more I guess... Check out Rawr to see your expected dps(if that's still accurate?) on a target dummy to match it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kite874 View Post
    ferocious bite isnt worth it untill the mob/boss is below iirc 20% at wich point it refreshes Rip. at all times you should have

1. Mangle
    2. Rake
    3. Rip
    4. Savage Roar

and just blow Tiger's Fury @ cooldown, Berserk you can also spam @ CD but i find it more usefull to just save it.

DPS wise 13k seems a bit high especialy with the fact that your gear isnt enchanted and ungemmed. If you gem/chant/reforge properly i think it be doable if you play @ the top of yer game. Myself i did about 16k dps with just 346 blues and gemmed/chanted/reforged for tank.
    Well, it might be worth mentioning that i just gemmed my gear with full 35 agi gems this morning, so armory isn't updated for that yet i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    13k is not that bad I suppose. It'll roughly double in BiS gear w/ a raid setup.

Kitties do well in burst if given the chance to regain energy in between, which is why your DPS is looking pretty decent.

In your situation, using FB isn't bad as mobs'll die rather fast. Rip won't have the time to run its course. In a raid situation you don't touch it until the Blood in the Water talent activates.

Using SR in a raid situation is a DPS bonus. On trash in instances it probably won't make much of a difference.

Furthermore, weapons have a huge impact on our DPS. Your Jin'do's Verdict is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    13k is not that bad I suppose. It'll roughly double in BiS gear w/ a raid setup.

Kitties do well in burst if given the chance to regain energy in between, which is why your DPS is looking pretty decent.

In your situation, using FB isn't bad as mobs'll die rather fast. Rip won't have the time to run its course. In a raid situation you don't touch it until the Blood in the Water talent activates.

Using SR in a raid situation is a DPS bonus. On trash in instances it probably won't make much of a difference.

Furthermore, weapons have a huge impact on our DPS. Your Jin'do's Verdict is pretty good.
    Ahh that's great! Thnx for the tips! Never rly played kitty untill now, and i just knew beforehand that keeping up my dots and stuff was the key

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Most of the advice you'll see is for Raids, where bosses live for a while. Trash is completely different. Even in most instances the bosses don't last that long.

Dots n stuff are the key, but only if those dots n stuff actually get to affect things. If something dies in 4 seconds, Rip won't have much of an impact.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    does savage roar increase fury strikes dmg ??? havent played kitty much lately as i is always a bear
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    It doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the armory is wrong but your equipped ilvl is 324. Your best is 349. Doing 13k dps as someone geared in 324's is fine - your gear is the problem not anything else. If you were in that gear without some offspec gear or w/e, you wouldn't be getting into a tier 1 heroic with all those greens.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I strongly suggest going and reading the cat dps sticky on the WoW forums. Feral dps is like Mordor, you don't just walk into it.

Deleted
    Nope, savage roar only affect auto attack damage and fury swipes is based on weapon damage just like mangle, shred and swipe.