10+ Year Old Account

Gaming of the future!

So just been browsing through these forums today and found an interesting topic, 'Future of Gaming'.

It simply looks awesome, shame il be probably a old fart, ahh if this was available right now ^^

Would so awesome, what do you think? Guess it will have some side effects as well, less social? Even more addiction or maybe health problems (not exercising due to being so hooked on the game.). Imagine WoW with this ^^ oh dear...

2078? Everyone knows that civilisation will end in 2077.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post
    2078? Everyone knows that civilisation will end in 2077.
    2077, 12, 29 ^^

Here is some more on Virtual Reality:

Full immersion virtual reality

Towards the end of this decade, computers are becoming sophisticated enough to bring full immersion virtual reality to the mainstream.*

In other words, users now have the option of actually "being" in a video game and experiencing its graphics, audio and other effects (e.g. tactile feedback) in a manner that is practically indistinguishable from the real world.

This stunning breakthrough has been achieved through exponential trends in computing over the previous decades - including a billionfold improvement in processing power and price performance, combined with a 100,000-fold shrinkage of components and circuitry.*

For the first time, human brains are actually being merged with computer intelligence. Rather than viewing games on a screen, users now experience the game from within their own nervous systems, as though it were an extension of their mind. Players undergo a simple, minimally invasive procedure to insert nanobots (blood cell-sized devices) into their bodies. These microscopic machines are self-guided towards the neurons in their brain responsible for visual, auditory and other senses. Here, they remain in a dormant state, but in close proximity to the brain cells.

When the user wishes to experience a simulated reality, the nanobots immediately move into place, suppressing all of the inputs coming from the real senses, and replacing them with signals corresponding to the virtual environment. If the user decides to move their limbs and muscles as they normally would, the nanobots again intercept these neurochemical signals - suppressing the "real world" limbs from moving, and instead causing their "virtual" limbs to move within the game. This means a user can be sitting in a fixed position, while experiencing a high degree of activity and movement.

~By: FutureTimeLine
    Ahh so damn interesting ^^ Would find alot of use with Virtual Reality hehe :P

imagine... prono of the future! DDD

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    ahh if this was available right now ^^
    If this was available now, hackers would be in your brain stealing your thoughts! At least no one would be able to sue Sony as they'd all be vegetables!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    If this was available now, hackers would be in your brain stealing your thoughts! At least no one would be able to sue Sony as they'd all be vegetables!
    Sony are already all vegetables.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Yeah, that trailer made me giggle at best.

I somehow doubt that Sony will be involved in the "future of gaming" *giggle*.

we were supposed to be in flying cars by now.

I'll be happy if Diablo III gets released by 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    wow an advert fromt he future...

But seriously I wouldnt be surprised if computer games will be as they say by then... although I will be in my 90's and complaining how bad things have gotten... or if I am lucky I would be dead before then... :P

My search for the fountain of youth continues :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My search for the fountain of youth continues :P
    Il jump in! ;p

Well technology is growing fast, I wouldn't be surprised seeing Virtual Reality by 2050 and a Full VR by end of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    Yeah, that trailer made me giggle at best.

I somehow doubt that Sony will be involved in the "future of gaming" *giggle*.
    Trolololol. Oh You.

Deleted
    Everything the Playstation 9 does is just what the Nintendo Imagine did only with better graphics and sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game which requires me to stand up, is a game I wont play.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted
    Looks awesome! I want now!

On a more paranoid note : virtual reality like that is walking a very thin line. What if certain powerful people in the world get that kind of technology and implant stuff like that in our brains, real life matrix / inception etc etc