Deleted

can someone please help me,

am reading stickies and guides etc but i don't seem to be doing very well with dealing damage etc when in dungeons, don't want to be accused of slacking etc.
    i have no enchants yet as my gear is changing almost every level. shhoting my spells in priority order, but i always seem to be at the bottom of recount.
    am playing demonology spec and enjoying it so far.
    my toon is called illbedamned/eu/doomhammer

many thanks

Deleted
    You could at least mention what level you are, as you don't even link your armory and only give server/name,

You're only level 40 so you should need to worry too much about your damage. At that level, don't follow the end level guides for how to play, they assume that you're attacking mobs that will long enough for all your DoTs to work their duration, but at your level they probably drop down very fast.

On your talents it looks like you're starting from the bottom of the suggested talent build in the guide on this forum and building your way upwards, don't do that. Read the talents and figure out which ones are better and always try reach the next tier as fast as possible. You only just started filling up tier 3 talents, while you should already have picked up HoG from tier 4.

So instead of mindlessly picking talents according to the guide try to understand the talents. Take Impending Doom, for example, the talent increases the chance of spawning an imp when BoD deals damage and gives you a chance to lower the cooldown of Metamorphosis. Mobs are dying so fast that you shouldn't use BoD anyways and Metamorphosis is a level 69 talent. Obviously you shouldn't pick this talent at this time. Do this kind of reasoning for all talents and try figure out what you need/don't need.

Buy Heirloom items on your main (this will make a huge difference!), enchant them, send them to your lock. Enchant your gear with the cheap enchants you can find on AH, use glyphs.

Use Bane of Doom if the fight is longer than 45sec, that is any boss fight. Make sure you keep your Immolate, CoE, Corruption and Bane on at all times. Use Hand of Gul'dan on cooldown (it will boost your demon's damage and once you get Cremation talent at higher levels it will refresh your Immolate, so you don't have to recast it unless you miss/it falls off). Cast Shadow Bolts when you don't have to refresh anything. If the fight has multiple targets, cast Immolate and Corruption on all, then keep nuking the one marked to die first and use all your debuffs on that one (for thrash Bane of Agony, CoE and Hand of Guldan).

As far as demon choice and talents specs are concerned, I'm not exactly certain which does more at lower levels, so you will have to try this for yourself. Maybe someone will come in and correct me, so you know for sure.
    If you use Succubus then use this spec: Level 40: Succubus
    If you use Felguard/Felhunter then this: Level 40: Felguard/Felhunter

I made you a talent spec with glyphs for level 60, 70 and 85 as well, so you know what talents you should take as you level up.
    Level 60: Succubus -> take Molten Core talent as soon as you can, and when it procs, cast Incinerate until you've used up the charges!
    Level 60: Felguard/Felhunter

Level 70: Felhunter/Felguard -> use glyph of Metamorphosis and try using Felhunter as your demon, if you aren't already (at level 85 it does more on single target fights, not sure about here). Don't forget to use your cooldowns.

Level 85: Felhunter -> you can use whatever you wish in place of glyph of Fear, put that one in because it's really useful in dungeons for CC, start using Felhunter as your demon of choice, on heavy AoE fights replace him with Felguard, and if the boss is flying in the air use Succubus with her glyph (instead of Incinerate).

Hope this helps.

Edit: While I was composing this, some things were already pointed out by Sakpoth, but I'll leave it in as it's important.
    Last edited by Revan Bane; 2011-05-08 at 08:40 PM.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

From the replies im asuming you dont have boa and enchants.

Low level chars with Boa gear and the best enchants wil scale substantially better then you do and do deserve to do much higher dammage, that being sayd I recently levelled a drood on a new realm, no gold no boa nothing. WHile I did struggle a little against full boa players, I find that it is possible to keep up with the average player still but it requires you to perform very very well.

With the tips on how to improve given in this thread you might get better then the average player, but mind you twinked players should always beat you.

Deleted
    many thanks for the advice much appreciated

I forgot to mention that you want to clip dots before they fall off your target - you won't lose any ticks, this just prolongs their duration. Letting dots fall off can effectively kill your dps, it's better to re-cast 1sec too soon than letting it expire.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

10+ Year Old Account
    if u wanna top dmg in dungeons, no matter what lvl, just send ur pet in to felstorm while using hellfire at the same time.
    for bossfights, stick to priority list and use a felhunter..