Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    PC with a xbox or ps3 controller :P

But PS3 imho, it comes cheaper over time, unless you not paying for XboxLive.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Are the non-gaming related extras on the PS3 worth getting it over the 360 ?
    or
    is the whole point of a console to play video games hence I should get the 360 instead?
    I bought a PS3 JUST for the non-gaming related extras.

Some things a PS3 can do that a 360 cannont (and why I got one)

Play Blu-Ray movies
    Stream 1080p .MKV's from my computer effortlessly (via PS3 Media Server)
    Stream HD Netflix, without having to pay for Microsoft's bullshit "gold" subscription. I can see having to pay for it for game. But to stream NetFlix? C'mon now.

And that sums up what I do with my PS3. I've owned one for almost a year now, and have not played a PS3 game on it. I did download FFVII though
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

ps3 is better coming from an xbox owner, most of my friends have ps3 and when i compare my xbox to a ps3 honestly the xbox falls far behind...

Deleted
    Got both and i recommend you to look what exclusive games thay have that you like or may like.
    Both are great consoles. I like the "shop" part on Xbox more. It is not as messy as PS3 store is. But gaming on the PS3 is free tho.
    And in the end i like the achivment on Xbox more then the throphys on PS3.

I have both, i never NEVER use my PS3. My dad uses it to watch movies. Xbox, all the way.
    Last edited by Sinister308; 2011-05-08 at 03:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    360 - They have a better Community
    Good one, op!

Xbox, it may cost abit more over time, but it's 100% worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    I bought a PS3 JUST for the non-gaming related extras.

Some things a PS3 can do that a 360 cannont (and why I got one)

Play Blu-Ray movies
    Stream 1080p .MKV's from my computer effortlessly (via PS3 Media Server)
    Stream HD Netflix, without having to pay for Microsoft's bullshit "gold" subscription. I can see having to pay for it for game. But to stream NetFlix? C'mon now.

And that sums up what I do with my PS3. I've owned one for almost a year now, and have not played a PS3 game on it. I did download FFVII though
    All that can be done on a PC for cheaper, for a gaming console the Xbox is the cheaper more reliable option.

PS3 got its network hacked. So i think that pretty much tells which one is better. :P

And nothing beats halo, theres currently been a war about hitboxes in halo vs cod and halo has much more accurate hit detection and its just a better and longer living game. Being able to make your own maps and gamemodes just keeps the game going even after the campaign or multiplayer maps get old.

CoD for example only has specific maps for multiplayer and you cant in anyway become creative and make new ones unless you do some illegal modding on PC. I havent read but i wouldnt be surprised if all other fps on ps3/xbox alike do not have anykind of creative side in the game in same way as Forge.

Giving players the chance to create something in the game themselves makes the game much more long lasting.

Xbox live payment is a minus but im willing to pay for such good online network. Even if i dont pay i can still access the marketplace stuff and download demos and see my friends online, but what i cant do is play online multiplayer. (system link allows coop campaign or custom games no matter do you pay or not)

Deleted
    i have both,

and with the Ps3 i find the controls to be nice for fighter games and platformers, though you can easily plug in a usb mouse and keyboard if you prefer
    there is somewhat less of a community and it's difficult to get voice chat going, you can store data from a usb harddrive to the ps3 such as music movies images, for the xbox you cannot

with the xbox i prefer fps because of the controller but you can also use a keyboard/mouse mostly logitech work, and voice chat isn't much of a problem although i dont find the quality all that great, unless you spend money on a headset designed for that

Deleted
    No more halo games for xbox.
    No more good exclusieves for xbox.

ps3 got some awesome exclusieves go for it.

Deleted
    xbox, merly because you play wow on a pc (i hope) so why not go with a brand that your already using? plus you never actually have to put your credit card details into your xbox. but all that aside i prefer the controller (even after growing up with PS1 and PS2) and stuff doesnt take as long to load (if you get the new xbox) on a whole the thing doesnt look and feel like a giant PSP either so thats a bonus.

and as for people saying you cant store music or films or image or w/e ive got over 100GB of all of that on my xbox atm, you can play your music ingame and you only have to download an update to watch your films... problems PS3 users?

all in all tho, a decent pc is the better option, yeah u dont get all the PS3 exclusives (which are mostly shit anyways) and all your games look better, you have better storage.

Id say if you already have a decent pc dont bother, waste or money becuase you already have something better
    Last edited by mmocd7df26268c; 2011-05-08 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    No more halo games for xbox.
    Lolwut? Who told you there wont be anymore halo's?

My question would be, why would you spend money on a tech that was old already in 2007?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister308 View Post
    I have both, i never NEVER use my PS3. My dad uses it to watch movies. Xbox, all the way.
    never NEVER? so you ALWAYS use it, good one.

Your going to want to buy a playstation. Blueray, free online, internet. Thoes are the sole reasons you want it. Microsoft has better support for their online becuase you pay 89.99$ a year+100$ a year on buying maps for the games you like. Oh theres a patch with new content? Get ready to fork out 20bucks.

COD Blackops 5new map pack cost me 2000 microsoft points, that cost me 35$ at futureshop.
    The playstation version was 11.99$

Playstation is more powerful, has more use's and is cheaper.

Up to you weather you waste your money.

ps. The hacking thing, begins the next generation warfare of computers. THey were the first caslities

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    don't feed people false information, sony has stated that credit cards are safe.
    Get what your friends have, their both about equal, but they are both a lot worse if used by yourself, and not in preset multiplayer groups
    Also they stated they weren't sure of whether or not CC information had been stolen as well, you should stop spreading false information also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    PS3 got its network hacked. So i think that pretty much tells which one is better. :P

And nothing beats halo, theres currently been a war about hitboxes in halo vs cod and halo has much more accurate hit detection and its just a better and longer living game. Being able to make your own maps and gamemodes just keeps the game going even after the campaign or multiplayer maps get old.

Ye halo is a very good game, only the serie ended. so kinda pointless. Now.

CoD for example only has specific maps for multiplayer and you cant in anyway become creative and make new ones unless you do some illegal modding on PC. I havent read but i wouldnt be surprised if all other fps on ps3/xbox alike do not have anykind of creative side in the game in same way as Forge.

Giving players the chance to create something in the game themselves makes the game much more long lasting.

Xbox live payment is a minus but im willing to pay for such good online network. Even if i dont pay i can still access the marketplace stuff and download demos and see my friends online, but what i cant do is play online multiplayer. (system link allows coop campaign or custom games no matter do you pay or not)
    Ye halo is a very good game, only the serie ended. so kinda pointless. Now.

If you are looking for a multimedia platform, take the PS3. Also PS3 seems to be more sturdy then then 360, judging on my own consoles and friends. PS3 has better disc reading then Xbox, the Xbox seems to be a little girl when it comes to playin a scratched disc.

That said, the USB ports on a horizontal PS3 are damn irritating! My PS3 is hooked up in the lounge, and Xbox in the bedroom.. GL both are good consoles.

I Had both, but I had an xbox first. after my xbox breaking 3 times I got a PS3 and all i can say about the ps3 is its beautifuly made, I noticed the graphics were slightly better. To be Honest, the Halo Series has been out for so long its kinda getting old.

Killzone 3 is absolutly amazing , and Uncharted is just breath taking , since it has the most HD graphics out there .