Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    In my opinion, the game is very boring and not compelling as WoW. But it's your $50.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    So, I've been playing WoW for ages. I was levelling this alt, hoping to feel refreshed by playing a new class and when I've reached 80+ a thought struck me. When I was going to reach 85, I was going to do the same old things, right? Grind honor (I was gonna pvp on this char), find a team when decently geared, get rating, level another alt when I'm bored. Before, whenever I saw some RIFT stuff, I said meh and moved on. But looking at RIFT more in detail, I am starting to think it's actually fun. The soul system looks amazing!

So, in short, should I move on to RIFT from WoW?

I also have a few questions for you RIFT players.

1) Is there enough players right now to not make you feel like you're playing alone?
    2) Is there a decent amount of world pvp?
    3) Does it take AGES to get to max level?
    4) How many 'raids' (or whatever they're called in RIFT) are there to do at max level? And are they similar to WoW raids?
    5) How do the controls and UI feel? I've played DAoC and WAR and the controls just don't feel right. Too clunky and unresponsive.

Thanks

Edit: Don't start a flame war between WoW and RIFT please.
    if your bored of wow then your bored of mmos , rift isnt the answer . play blackops or summin

Game is like Vanilla WoW. If you thought Blizzard screwed up when releasing Arenas and balancing around them or hate cross server LFG, then you will like Rift. The content is new and not just recycled. The game is far from dying, so stop listening to the haters.

People who played WoW for 7 years and then jumped to Rift are magically used to the content. It is called burn out. That is like jumping from a job you hate to a very similar job, then being confused on why you hate it.

yeah so dead..this was what it looked like during the last event they had

PvP they need work on, but everyone predicted balancing 32 classes would take some time. People are expecting a new release MMO to have 7 years of content on release date. I call these people insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    And WoW isn't?

RIFT has good customer support.
    WoW has something they like to call customer support. It's not quite what I would call good though.
    Wow has been around for more than 6 years now and is still going strong, unlike Rift which has been around for what, 3 months? And is already steadiliy declining into oblivion like many other failed MMos such as lotro, aion etc etc.

The customer support is your flawed opinion. i've always been treated fast and good by Blizzard's customer support. infact they have some of the best support around, how many other MMO's actually bother wasting manpower on restoring lost items and shit?

Infact, last week a GM spent more then 30 minutes trying to figure out why i couldnt name my pet owl "Fukurou". in the end he asked permission to higherups to manually rename my pet which he then did.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Wow has been around for more than 6 years now and is still going strong, unlike Rift which has been around for what, 3 months? And is already steadiliy declining into oblivion like many other failed MMos such as lotro, aion etc etc.

The customer support is your flawed opinion. i've always been treated fast and good by Blizzard's customer support. infact they have some of the best support around, how many other MMO's actually bother wasting manpower on restoring lost items and shit?

Infact, last week a GM spent more then 30 minutes trying to figure out why i couldnt name my pet owl "Fukurou". in the end he asked permission to higherups to manually rename my pet which he then did.
    Really declining? A game very similar to WoW is declining? So by that comparison WoW is declining to because people are tired of this genre. The game is not declining at all. Not sure why WoW people get so offended when someone mentions Rift.

I'll let you in on a secret. GW2 and SWToR fans are already declaring those games the WoW killer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Herp
    Derp
    Mcderpederp
    Gz you bleeding ballsniffer. Linking a "population chart" from during an event is like linking your dps from Halfus Wyrmbreaker.
    SKEWED AS FUCK.

A game very similar to WoW is declining? So by that comparison WoW is declining
    Another terrible comparison from someone with the intelligence of a spoon. MMO A is doing terrible so MMO B must be doing terrible aswell. Yeah.
    if you dont have anything intelligent to say go stick a finger of your arse and sniff it, i guarantee that it will be more productive than the tripe you're sperging in this thread.

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yeah, i mean look at all the empty or low population shards this very second

http://www.riftgame.com/en/status/index.php
    Very informative Shercock. A list of servers saying "medium population". No server capacity, no actual numbers, nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2011-05-08 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Gz you bleeding ballsniffer. Linking a "population chart" from during an event is like linking your dps from Halfus Wyrmbreaker.
    SKEWED AS FUCK.
    Well you say it is declining, so I provide a pic of an event that shows what the servers look like when everyone tries to be online at one time. Me > you

10+ Year Old Account
    I fought hard to make people think Rift was completely different and new. But then I hit 50, and after so much annoyances and boredom(i only held on because i made a friend along the way to quest with for the last 10 lvls), and I realised it was the same.....Huge mistake. I'm going to try SW: The Old Republic because I've always loved Star Wars and from the looks of it it looks completely badass!

Edit: I'm not preaching or saying ToR will be the "WoWkiller," because we already know no MMO can do that. Just sayin I personally was let down by Rift and now i think ToR will be pretty good.
    Last edited by Duravian; 2011-05-08 at 10:09 PM.

why are you asking this on a WoW forum instead of a rift forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I fought hard to make people think Rift was completely different and new. But then I hit 50, and after so much annoyances and boredom(i only held on because i made a friend along the way to quest with for the last 10 lvls), and I realised it was the same.....Huge mistake. I'm going to try SW: The Old Republic because I've always loved Star Wars and from the looks of it it looks completely badass!
    I am hearing WoW in space. Just warning you.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    No, i tried it and got bored very quickly, they claim to fix homo-generalization with their 9 specs per 4 class, but theres usually not much different spec to spec, just exact ability clones with a new name
    Yea I'm using that in place of homogenization from here on out.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea I'm using that in place of homogenization from here on out.
    Well tell that to the Cleric tanking and mage healing while I dps'd in an expert yesterday lol. Talk about something will trip you out. A Cleric was tanking Greenscale in a vid, so homogenization has been thrown out the window.

Make your own decision. Don't ask others to make decisions for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Please use the big Rift thread...