Deleted

Help with my warlock :) please.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otter/advanced

Thats my warlock, could any one tell if im doing something wrong ? And give me some advice please .

Also about dots, should i be reapplying them when ever my power torrent or trinket procs ? Even if there not finished? Also is there any thing important about dots with trinket procs and so on any advice would be awesome . One more thing how much of a dps lose is using BoA over BoD ? Thankyou

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit is too low, Missing 2 enchants. Your Dots are modified every tick by your procs so refreshing them on procs would be a loss. Also, Refresh your BoD/UA between .01-1sec of it wearing off. BoD is better than BoA theres math somewhere but i have to poop so you cant find it yourself

Deleted
    Since i can see you raid your hit is a little low try and aim for 15-16%. If your not going to replace the PvP shoulders anytime soon change the gem to 40 int since its only 10 int socket bonus thefore your losing 10 int which is your main stat also enchant your shoulders. Enchant your gloves if possible, also i see your either starting to tailoring or just cba with it but you would benefit from the cloak enchant alot since tailoring is technically the best proffession dps wise.

• You're nowhere near your hit cap (hitting 17.01% is not necessary, but you want way more than 10%). I'd say 16% is the number to shoot for.

• +50 hit is more valuable than your +16 Int to Bracer enchant.

• Gloves, ring, sword, shoulders, and DMC: Volcano should be -Mastery and +Hit reforged.

• Wand should be -Crit and +hit reforged.

• Your gloves need an enchant. Your cloak needs +50 to Int. Your shoulders need the enchant from either Inscription or the Deepholm rep vendor.

Here's a link to my Lock to use as a template.

I would say ontop of what everyone else has to say is try and get some 359 pve shoulders either tier or from Atram. You get more stats and are able to reforge to get more 'oomph' out of your gear.

Besides that, what everyone else has said is correct.

I also would like some help. i would also like some help with demo rotation, i searched around and didnt see one for 4.1

First post so here is my armory info. i know i'm missing some enchants.

kiljaeden - swarl

Quote Originally Posted by Gatik View Post
    I also would like some help. i would also like some help with demo rotation, i searched around and didnt see one for 4.1

kiljaeden - swarl
    Our rotation (aka spell priority) has remained the same as it was in 4.0.6. The only changed to Demo is that we now have more flexibility in which pet we can use.

Use the Demonology-A-Guide-(4.0.6) at the top of the warlock forum for more information, the author has put together a very nice guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatik View Post

kiljaeden - swarl
    Your reforging is fine, you're missing enchants as you've said, but the best advice I can think of is to be Affliction. Demo is the lowest DPS spec of the three, and Affliction is way above it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Hit is too low, Missing 2 enchants. Your Dots are modified every tick by your procs so refreshing them on procs would be a loss. Also, Refresh your BoD/UA between .01-1sec of it wearing off. BoD is better than BoA theres math somewhere but i have to poop so you cant find it yourself
    Since when are your DOTs modified by procs while they are already on the target? To my knowledge, and I check my logs all the time... DOT dmg is calculated upon refresh/application and not modified "on-the-fly" by procs.

As far as hit goes, INT > ALL (including hit) regardless of raid/dungeons. Haste is going to be the stat you aim for the most over your secondary stats, and mastery will be the last. BoD is better than BoA on fights that allow BoD to reach its full duration (i.e. Chim/Atrem/Maloriak/etc... ) and make sure that you aren't soul swaping your BoD target as you will remove it from the previous target regardless of the glyph.

For AOE fights like Halfus/Maloriak, I suggest taking the SB Aff spec with Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption.... and that is contingant on not playing Demo for fights like that.

If you have any other questions, you can reach me on my Warlock "Demonlock" on Mal'Ganis.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Misinformation. Stat procs on your character only affect dots when the dots are refreshed or recast. Damage debuffs on the mob (think shadow embrace, haunt, CoE) do affect the dots on the fly, although your shadow and flame crit modifier on the mob will not.
    With regards to clipping dots, as long as you're between the last tick and the penultimate tick, you don't lose any ticks at all. This means you have a full 15 second window in which to refresh BoD - giving you a lot of time to fish for a proc. I haven't see any maths to give a real answer to whether or not we should be refreshing dots when we get procs - personally I do with BoD if the current bane had no procs, and particularly if I'm using demon soul felhunter. Other than that I don't bother.