Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The C300 costs more. The m4 is slower at random reads and writes at 4k and seq 128k compared to the Vertex 3, but it will take the place of the Intel 320 next time, as it wasn't in stock on Amazon when I wrote this.

The 650 TX V2 is a pretty new model, platform is relatively new. The 750HX is somewhat older, but a solid product. An entire system with the 560 Ti pulls a whole 352W under Furmark load. If anything, the 650W is an overkill for Puppy, but good to have for future GPU upgrades. 352W is not even near dangerously close. Even a system with a 6990 is pulling only 550W, which is why 750W is recommended. USB devices are a drop in the bucket, and Tom's is a joke.
    USB devices can pull 10 Watts a piece, and we aren't just talking raw power. If they use the 5v rail, they easilly pull 5 volts at 900 mA. Your Narwhal build is rated at about 490W under 90% load without capacitor ageing. Which means that, after 5-6 months with 4-5 reasonably demanding USB devices (headsets, mice, scanners etc), the system will become unstable, and unless you're in the know, people usually jump to replacing memory etc rather than considering the power supply.

All I'm saying is that I would definitely pay another $20 for the higher end PSU than buy the lower powered one to begin with. If anything, simply so it gives you more overhead for expanding (i.e HDDs, SLi/Xfire). Once you're spending more than $1000 on a PC, you might as well spend an extra $100 tightening all the bolts and making sure it's going to function at it's maximum.

---------- Post added 2011-05-09 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    If you want to be smart about it, Uranium is an element, not an atom.
    Why would you use the preface that the person isn't being smart and then immediately say something very un-smart yourself?

An atom of Uranium is an atom of Uranium. It's one atom out of 6.022x10^23 needed to make one mole of Uranium. Uranium is an element, but that doesn't mean that an atom of it isn't also the element Uranium, it's just a very, very, very small amount of it.

Maybe you're confusing allotrope's and elements. Atoms aren't mix and match - X number of atom A doesn't make element Y while Z number of atom A makes element W - an atom of one thing has a specific amount of protons, neutrons and electrons. An isotope of that element has a different number of neutrons, and an allotrope is a different arrangement of those atoms (i.e, graphite vs diamond in the case of Carbon).

15+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how much concept art is produced that doesn't even get used...like...at all. I bet they have mountains of it at Blizz HQ.

I think the second to last model is the best. Past that it looks like a battle standard not a staff anymore, this comes from someone with no caster. Now what are the stats of each stage?

the only problem i have with the staff is that *spoilers* with all of the lore going into it. what being the home of the essence of a great blue dragon. that it is a bit much for an item that will discarded by the next tier or raiding after firelands.

i mean really how would you feel if your essence were put into a staff, only to be throw into a closet six months later because something better came along? also sucks that only mages, warlocks, priests, balance druids, and elemental shammy's will be able to see said lore in game.

this was a perfect opportunity to release multiple legendary's for each class type. i mean who says that Tarecgosa's essence can only rest in a staff? why couldn't it rest in a two handed sword or mace? or a bow? or a one handed sword or dagger? the final weapon would have been determined by the class that started the quest. then you do not have a situation that you always have in every tier that has a legendary.. a situation of have's and have not's.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The C300 costs more. The m4 is slower at random reads and writes at 4k and seq 128k compared to the Vertex 3, but it will take the place of the Intel 320 next time, as it wasn't in stock on Amazon when I wrote this.
    The C300 would be due to the M4 now being out as Crucial is going to move people towards the M4 which means less C300s are being made. Likewise, the price to performance ratio on the M4 has shown that it's the best choice right now. Sure, the Vertex 3 is faster, but it also costs around $300 where as the M4 costs around $230 to $240 for 120/128G models.

break off the horns and it'd be great for me. The bronze colored bit at the top should be it. And those spell tags are just screaming for particle effects imo. You want to remind us it's innately connected to the Blue Dragonflight? Have a Tarecgosa phantom"overcloak" effect have a chance to proc around the caster for half a second on a successful spellcast. Wings, the top of the head, and the tail, all in blue energy form. *Maybe* a roar, but based on the Wrath loading screen, that'd get old fast.

Re: slimj91
    The Blue Dragonflight is tasked with the care of the world's magic. To carry on Tarecgosa's will, you have to be a magic user.

"Hero! Renegade members of my flight are again twisting the ley lines to create an artifact powerful enough to fragment Nozdormu's control over time so they can slip into the timestream and prevent Malygos's death!"
    "Don't worry, I'll stop them!" *kills the dragons*
    "We are in your debt, hero. Now just follow my instructions and allow my essence to flow through you, that we may restore the lines to their natural state."
    "Oh... I don't actually use magic. What's an incantation? Do I just-" *A substantial portion of Coldarra explodes*
    Last edited by Tomokei; 2011-05-10 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Adding reply

Deleted
    is a very nice legenday