Poll: is the new legendary staff graphically "legendary" worthy?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

legendary staff just another staff?

hey guys i just wanted to hear from you, your joined opinions.
    i'm not a fan boy or a hater or anything like that, but for me this legendary seems kind of like any other staff graphics wise, doesn't seem there is anything especially epic about it it, most other epics seems graphically superior but that is just my opinion i would like to hear what you think

It will get all kinds of swirly stuff that you can't see yet so just wait.

Rofl.. Given that there was a thread earlier today about how the staff is "too much", I don't think many will agree with you.
    In my opinion, yes it is worthy of the orange colored text.

Also, since it's so much like any other staff, could you please link a couple of similar staves?
    Last edited by Riboe; 2011-05-08 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    imo it looks absolutely excellent i don't think it look like anything else from the cataclysm, speaking of which, i don't think does are anything special at all

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    i'm not a fan boy or a hater or anything like that, but for me this legendary seems kind of like any other staff graphics wise, doesn't seem there is anything especially epic about it it, most other epics seems graphically superior but that is just my opinion i would like to hear what you think
    Did you see shadowmourne? Boring ass axe. It was it's proc that made it look sweet. We don't know the proc on this yet, so we won't know.

Aetish was boring, Val'nyr was nothing special, it's all in the effects. Plus as ugly or normal a legendary is, people will still recognize it as a legendary every time.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Name 1 staff which is graphically superior as you put it. In cata Chelleys is the only caster staff i cant remember off the top of my head and it looks pretty bland. Wrath had some nice staves but they werent as big or 'epic' feeling as the new Legendary

Deleted
    Im waiting for the stats. It looks good at stage 2 and gets better at stage 3 in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Aetish was boring
    Hold your horses. Have you seen Medivh with that staff at all in WCIII cinematics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

I think it looks terrible but seem to remember blizz saying it turns you into a dragon. And Kruul there have been plenty of staves that have looked much better than this in wow history but am I gonna link them? no because it's art and it's subjective...
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2011-05-08 at 09:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Hold your horses. Have you seen Medivh with that staff at all in WCIII cinematics?
    it was still just a stick with an eagle on top and a ribbon.

pretty damn boring
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Yes, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is "graphically" boring, which is the OP's point.

The staff is probably not finished either.

wow im sorry, a few of you got offended, that wasn't my intention.
    i just mean compared to the older legendary items from tbc, and wotlk, it just doesn't seem that special to me. just a staff with some horns on it.
    i would very much like to see it with its effects im sure it'll add a lot quality to it!

Deleted
    Well, Shadowmourne wasn't looking very fluffy aswell, kinda tame tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Albani View Post
    Well, Shadowmourne wasn't looking very fluffy aswell, kinda tame tbh
    they don't make em like warglaives anymore

Aetish was boring,
    Atiesh, staff of the great pinapple - chance on procc to spread pinapple juice to all enemies around making them drunk , blind and kill themselves? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that it sucks, but I don't believe it measures up to Shadowmourne, but honestly the valynr didn't really measure up either.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    I wouldn't say that it sucks, but I don't believe it measures up to Shadowmourne, but honestly the valynr didn't really measure up either.
    i liked valynr, it was a big old daddy mace, with puff out 180 parts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I think it looks terrible but seem to remember blizz saying it turns you into a dragon. And Kruul there have been plenty of staves that have looked much better than this in wow history but am I gonna link them? no because it's art and it's subjective...
    calm down mate, im not forcing my opinion but this thread was for people who want to voice it. and btw stating that there have been plenty of better staves isnt being subjective that is infact forcing your opinion. I asked him to show a few as sort of a bench mark for how he felt a legendary should appear, if you cant handle conversations like this then on ya bike.

it just doesnt feel epic

Personally I think too many of the higher-ilevel items look overly dramatic and fancy. Some of the blue or green quality items look more interesting and I end up missing them because they're not ridiculously gaudy with special effects and colors and trinkets.