New Class Idea(Yes, another:P): Dark Lord (Title Work in Progress)

Hola! So I decided to make my OWN Class idea, love it or hate it, here it goes:

The Dark Lord class!

Description: Whether it's Blood Syphoning, controlling to Dark Abyss, or bending Light to their whim, Dark Lords are a breed of their own. Well armored in Plate, and decimating their enemies from a distance, these foes stand as unstoppable forces. Their power source, still staying traditional to a Caster's, does not in fact use Mana, but GAINS MANA with every spell they cast, opening up further abilities as such grows.

Literally, this class gains Mana with every spell they cast, instead of starting at a full Mana pool. They gain Mana, originally, by casting Curses upon their foe, with every second giving them a base percent of Mana, opening up techniques of theirs such as Blood Burst, Black Thunder, Light Corrosion, etc.

Each Mana for each spec is DIFFERENT! Blood syphons the very life from the foe, filling the Blood Pool Bar. Darkness literally onslaughts your foe with dark attack after dark attack, filling and depleting the Abyssal Sundering Bar. Light, with each spell used to spell AND damage (This class deals Damage, thereby healing the Main Target of attack from the Boss, AND having these Heals link to the allies within the raid), fills the Illumination Bar. Once each of these bars fill, it opens 3 HUGE FINISHING MOVES for EACH Spec.

What also makes them diverse is their ability to wear Plate and be a Caster class. This allows them to stand as a pure powerhouse AND healing class with high ability to survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Specs~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Blood~:
    Acting as a pure DOT class, "Blood" Lords syphon the very life from their enemies. Casting "Infections" and Curses on their foe give them their own life back, and deal heavy damage to their enemies.

Blood Skills (A few examples):

Life Sunder: Tether Chains into your foe for over 5 Minutes, syphoning life from your foe and into yourself, plus your Allies. Gains 3 Blood Mana every 5 Seconds. Allows the abilities such as Blood Burst, Blood Bolt, Saguinity, etc. to be accessed.

Life Link: Used side by side with Sunder. Link yourself to the very organs and cell complexities of your foe, causing 20% of the damage inflicted upon yourself to be reflected upon your foe. Strengthens the power of your Blood abilities, and you gain 5 Blood Mana for every time you take damage. Lasts 5 minutes.

Blood Burst: Channel a mass of Blood Energies syphoned from your and blast them for a massive crash of damage. Fills the Blood Pool Bar with 4 Blood each time cast.

Sanguinity: Consumes 30 Blood Mana, causing your body to lift into a Blood God. This causes your body to morph into a monstrosity of life energies. All abilities strengthened by 20%, and gained 4 Blood Mana every 5 seconds. 2 minute CD.

Blood Pool: Consumes 100 Blood Mana. A massive, acidic pool of blood forms below your opponent, causing limbs made of pure acidic blood to rush up and claw at your opponent. AOE attack, but when targetting a single enemy, deals 30% more damage.

~Darkness~:
    Purely single target burst damage. From Corrupted Lightning, to Dark Lash, to Darkness, this class is purely made to decimate your opponent!

Shadow Strike: Become a literal part of your foe's shadow, causing a spike to lash up every 5 Seconds from their shadow and stab them for damage. Lasts 30 seconds. Gains 3 Abyssal Mana every time damage is inflicted by this spell.

Black Sun: A massive ball of Dark Flames forms above your foe, making it feel as if they're being seared from being too close to the sun. Deals damage every 5 Seconds. Lasts 30 seconds. Gains 3 Abyssal mana every time damage is inflicted by this spell.

Corrupted Lightning: Summon a massive bolt of pure dark energies to crash upon your enemy. Costs no Abyssal Mana. Gains 2 Abyssal Mana every time this is casted.

Dark Lash: Your weapon suddenly lashes out a darkness composed tendril from itself, and slashes across your foe. Costs 15 Abyssal Mana. Leaves a 10 second buff on your enemy called Black Blood, strengthening your abilities to do 3% more damage. 20 second CD.

Darkness: Fill yourself with an evil power the likes of which never seen before, and ascend to become a Shadow Beast. Increases damage done by 10%, and with every DOT on the enemy, the length of Darkness is extended by 10 seconds. Normal length is 20 seconds. 3 minute CD.

Abyssal Sundering: Costs 100 Abyssal Mana. Form two massive fists of pure Darkness, and have them slam into the very soul of your enemy. Inflicts Dark Hold upon your enemy, increasing all Magic Damage done to the foe by 12%, and the attack itself does a massive amount of energy.

~Light~:
    New healer class for WoW. This class literally heals the raid/party..by dealing damage. Healers should have fun with this thing. Along with the Illumination Bar, they also have a distinct set of abilities called Laws. Laws are broken by the enemy, and more activate when the enemy Crits, gains a buff, or kills an ally. Of course, this means the most powerful laws open when the worst stuff happens to your raid.

Blessing: "Bless" The target, linking the enemy to their attacking target. Any damage they inflict upon that target if reflected by at them for 10%, and 4% of the attack heals the linked target. lasts for 5 minutes. Gain 3 Light Mana every 5 seconds.

Law of Health: Seeing that the enemy is trying to damage your allies opens this ability. A massive hammer of life shatters the skull of your foe, increasing all magic damage done to them by 3%. This spell also shields the main target of attack, decreasing damage taken by 3%, and shoots streams of light to the nearest 3 allies, healing them for 5% life every 3 seconds. Gains 7 Light Mana every 6 seconds.

Law of Wisdom: Heed your attacks from your foe and summon a rain of light upon your friends. Heals all allies nearby for 10% of their life. Gain 10 Light Mana from casting this. 1 Minute CD.

Law of Near Death: Upon the main target of attacks of the enemy being Crit, their Law activates for use. Costs 20 Light Mana. Envelops the Target in a Pillar of Light that sears the foe with flame like force. Also, shields the target for 20% of all incoming damage and heals them for 20% of their life lost from the Crit. Instant. 1 Minute CD.

Law of Death: Upon seeing an Ally fall, Circles of Light shatter around your foe, strangulating them for massive damage. These circles also envelop your allies, healing them for 10% of their life every 5 seconds for 15 seconds. The corpse of the fallen ally is also risen as an Angel: Revives them in this model, and increases the damage, healing, and health done by 10%.

Illumination: Costs 100 Light Mana. Form a very Sun above the area of your battle, enveloping your foes in a massive Supernova of Light, dealing massive AOE damage. For every enemy hit and all damage inflicted, 5% health AND mana is restored onto your allies. 2 minute CD.

That's the class! Going to add more later on! Hope you like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Sounds a lot like a priest, My opinion.

Deleted
    Sorry but this is just another death knight merged with priest and reworked mechanic.

"What also makes them diverse is their ability to wear Plate and be a Caster class. This allows them to stand as a pure powerhouse AND healing class with high ability to survive."

So a plate wearing arcane mage/disc priest?

Last thing we need are a bunch of people running around named Vóldëmòrt.

No thanks.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

such negative comments and like a DK? def not thats every trolls response LMFAO! i like the concept but some of the abilities woudl need slight nerfing. A litle too crazy tbh but i love the concept. keep working on it and tune it down when needed :] if blizzard doesn't use this class idea maybe someone else will ^^

Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Sounds a lot like a priest, My opinion.
    uhhh.... how?

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    Sorry but this is just another death knight merged with priest and reworked mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenex View Post
    "What also makes them diverse is their ability to wear Plate and be a Caster class. This allows them to stand as a pure powerhouse AND healing class with high ability to survive."

So a plate wearing arcane mage/disc priest?
    whats your point exactly? stupid logic is stupid
    so a ferral druid is just a rogue in cat form, a shadow priest is just a lock with no pet, a warlock is just a caster hunter, a warrior is just a dk with no runes...
    all classes have similarities and differences to them. i dont really like the plate wearing part but i do like the mana idea. have it be similar to warriors rage would be an interesting caster mechanic
    Last edited by Almighty1; 2011-05-08 at 11:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What also makes them diverse is their ability to wear Plate and be a Caster class. This allows them to stand as a pure powerhouse AND healing class with high ability to survive.
    Sooooo, they cannot die?

I feel like, although the specs would be extremely difficult to balance in PvP, this could be a ton of fun in PvE and would solve the issue of only having one spec use spellcaster plate. I like it!

It's like a shadowpriest and a dk had a baby.

To be honest, you went into great depth with this, and it seems interesting enough to be amusing. I am somewhat put off by the armor. Does it have to be plate? Paladins find a way to make it work, but what you're describing sounds like a class that is very spell heavy. Tradition aside, it doesn't necessarily seem plausible to have the class in plate. Mail is somewhat of a stretch as well, but still fits. Leather seems like it would work.

The DoTs recharging mana sound like a great idea, it seems fairly unique and is a lot more expansive than the syphon soul spell. It will require a lot of tooling around to prevent it from being OP, since, as a healer, you'd never go OOM.

The darkness spec doesn't really have much of a theme other than do damage. You make a point of saying how blood is about DoTs, which is fine, but it makes the rest of the spells seem repetitive.

The healing sounds fun, and yet extremely OP. It's like DPS while Chain Healing. If implemented, would need sever regulation.

Overall, it's a good concept, but I'm still wary on the mana recharge concept. It seems like it'll be tough for leveling where encounters are fairly brief, and thus there's no up time for spells to replenish. On bosses it might be fine, but then it's pretty much focus or energy. Could you explain it a little more clearly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Sooooo, they cannot die?
    yes because healer plate classes can not die *cough* pally *cough*

How about we don't slightly rework to other "new" class and go with something (gasp) original.

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    sounds like it...personally if they were to add in another hero class i think it should be a mail wearing class or a leather wearing class

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Overall, it's a good concept, but I'm still wary on the mana recharge concept. It seems like it'll be tough for leveling where encounters are fairly brief, and thus there's no up time for spells to replenish. On bosses it might be fine, but then it's pretty much focus or energy. Could you explain it a little more clearly?
    to me it sounds almost identical to the warrior / bear Rage mechanics

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phirx View Post
    sounds like it...personally if they were to add in another hero class i think it should be a mail wearing class or a leather wearing class
    definitely! i also think it would be amazing to see another "pocket-knife" class, such as druids, that can be played as either ranged, mele, heals or tank. Would satisfy a lot of people and be pretty cool to have

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    yes because healer plate classes can not die *cough* pally *cough*
    they cant either lol

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

This is just a Death knight with a healing tree, the class name is even something you might get by putting "Death Knight" into a thesaurus
    Combined with that, a lot of these abilities are very overpowered

And a healing/DPS tree is not going to work at all unless the DPS is incredibly low and there is still some way to target your heals

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    Last thing we need are a bunch of people running around named Vóldëmòrt.

No thanks.
    Vóldëmòrt has joined the Channel.
    [Vóldëmòrt]: NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

We Dont need anymore plate classes. Perhaps mail or leather but not plate.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I'd like to the exact opposite. A World of Warcraft-ized Monk class.

A fist-weapon wielding DPSer,
    A cloth-wearing tank,
    or a Chakra-balancing healer.

Make it happen Blizz.

Well thanks for the feedbacks guys.

I've always been interested in getting a Plate Caster class, hence why I did this.

Didn't mean for it to sound like a DK/Priest mixture. The Mana/Light tree were the most original ideas I had, and Darkness and Blood are the ones I had trouble thinking of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.