Thread: Noob lock

Noob lock

So i decided to pick up wow again. I also chose to level a lock. So ima boa him out ( with exemption of head and cloak)
    And transfer him to a new server. He will be orc warlock. So i was wonder any tips before i start this journey to make playing A lock more enjoyable or fun as well as just improving my damage? Also what server may be best i plan on
    pve ing. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    imo, the best way to go as far as leveling is concerned is Demonology. As far as a rotation i cant tell you the ideal spell priority, as you'll lack some of the spells while you're still leveling, so for that best to try it yourself.

About the best server, i couldnt answer you, but you should state your client region (America or Europe).

Us central time, sorry. And whats this i hear about female demons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Us central time, sorry. And whats this i hear about female demons?
    It's blizzard attempt to make us forget the class is horribly broken.. my advice? roll a mage because locks pull such low dps its sad, also mages rock pvp. oh and lock rotations = carpel tunnel, srsly
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

What, Locks pull low dps? In some heroic dungeons, maybe. But on raidbosses they certainly don't do bad dps.

OT: I leveled my lock with affliction and demo. I found demo to be clearly better for dungeons and affli best for solo/questing.

Uhh, female demons are going to be implemented soon. Not sure if female locks get female demons or etc, but yeah its confirmed. Also any spec is really nice Afflic only goes to be my fav once u get soul swap.

Demonology is all around nice.
    Destro is really nice if you want to get to 85 ASAP and just BLAST down targets
    Afflic is my favorite because you get alot of self heals and can dot up 5+ mobs at a time. I have the most fun with this leveling, as a full set of dots almost kills a mob, so fully dotting as many mobs as I can and kyting them all without dying is really fun :P try and see how many you can round up
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

I leveled my lock destro all the way.
    Its definitly my favorite spec, but it has its drawbacks below the level which you finally get incinerate.
    Having said that, I always did pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is the best way to level low level because of Dot Chaining on mobs kit about 4-5 at a time making questing a breeze.
    my offspec was Destro and went destro when i got incinerate,
    as for that prick that said warlocks suck, well he doesnt know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    Affliction is the best way to level low level because of Dot Chaining on mobs kit about 4-5 at a time making questing a breeze.
    my offspec was Destro and went destro when i got incinerate,
    as for that prick that said warlocks suck, well he doesnt know squat.

I was about to say... I heard destruction is very good for rading. Also is demonology like bm bunters at all cause i found that insanely boring. The dot chaining does sound kinda nice and the ds to destruction for dungeon finder.