10+ Year Old Account

Recording Issues

Hi all!

I've been recording some gameplay videos of me using FRAPS and it record my video fine. And I use Audacity to record my voice so at the same time I'm recording with FRAPS, I'm recording my voice with Audacity. This has worked to a certain degree but it's tricky to get it to work at the same time. I have to go into Audacity and press Record then I have to go into my game and press the FRAPS record key, this is all good but when I'm finished recording everything. In Audacity I cut out the parts where it's silent (usually the start and end of the recording because I have to go in and out of the game to stop Audacity recording). It makes a problem where when I edit and put the video and audio files together in Sony Vegas 10, the audio and videos are a tad bit of out sync.

So what I'm wondering is, is there a better method to do this or does anyone know how to make it so they aren't out of sync?

Also, would anyone know how to only record voice with xfire and record video with FRAPS? And then save the audio file from xfire on my computer some where?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Hi all!

I've been recording some gameplay videos of me using FRAPS and it record my video fine. And I use Audacity to record my voice so at the same time I'm recording with FRAPS, I'm recording my voice with Audacity. This has worked to a certain degree but it's tricky to get it to work at the same time. I have to go into Audacity and press Record then I have to go into my game and press the FRAPS record key, this is all good but when I'm finished recording everything. In Audacity I cut out the parts where it's silent (usually the start and end of the recording because I have to go in and out of the game to stop Audacity recording). It makes a problem where when I edit and put the video and audio files together in Sony Vegas 10, the audio and videos are a tad bit of out sync.

So what I'm wondering is, is there a better method to do this or does anyone know how to make it so they aren't out of sync?

Also, would anyone know how to only record voice with xfire and record video with FRAPS? And then save the audio file from xfire on my computer some where?

Thanks in advance.
    under the movies tab in FRAPS, there is a checkbox: Record external input
    check it

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that theres that option in FRAPS but I start hearing myself and the quality of my voice sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    under the movies tab in FRAPS, there is a checkbox: Record external input
    check it
    that's not a very good way. the problem with that (at least from my experience) is that you sound like a mouth breather and you can barely hear your raid talking. it's not very difficult to sync your audio with your video, you should have the ability to move the audio tab in Sony vegas left or right and you really shouldn't have to move it very far, my suggestion would be to not edit the audio and just work with the silence by moving it over to the left.
    Kind of hard to explain but hopefully that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    that's not a very good way. the problem with that (at least from my experience) is that you sound like a mouth breather and you can barely hear your raid talking. it's not very difficult to sync your audio with your video, you should have the ability to move the audio tab in Sony vegas left or right and you really shouldn't have to move it very far, my suggestion would be to not edit the audio and just work with the silence by moving it over to the left.
    haha i can just imagine the "mouthbreather" comments on youtube

there is an option to only record your mic when your hotkey is pressed in fraps
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post

Yeah, so I shouldn't edit the audio clip in Audacity by cutting the silence parts out? Instead just put the clip in Sony Vegas and drag it so the silent bits are gone?