Thread: halfus hc

halfus hc

About to make our second pull on halfus hc this tuesday and looking for some advice.
    Our comp is rather melee heavy but here goes:
    1 fury/prot warr
    1 arms/fury warr
    1 prot/arms warr (our mt. also has a feral druid he could bring)
    1 prot warr
    1 surv hunter
    1 affli/demo lock
    1 arcane mage (also has a disc/holy priest but not well geared)
    1 hpaly
    1 tree/boomin druid
    1 resto/ele sham(myself)

What we tried last week was our single specced prot warr on halfus, our fury warr went prot and tanked the time warden and switched off with the halfus tank while our other prot warr tanked the nether scion and storm rider. All the drakes were brought near the halfus tank for aoe and cleave damage. Had our dps focus on the time warden first and blowing lust to get him down fast. Our tanks were just getting destroyed between all the damage going out (shadow nova never stands a chance of getting off) to the raid and the drakes. Looking for advice as to what we could do to get him down in a manageable fashion.

Arcane mage for Halfus hc? make him go Fire is Alot better for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmagic View Post
    Arcane mage for Halfus hc? make him go Fire is Alot better for this fight.
    Easier said than done. We were barely able to get him to go fire for cho'gall for the adds when we were still progressing on him. Thankfully we've killed cho twice (while he was arcane)

I understand liking a certain playstyle more... but refusing to use the better spec, come on.... i'd link him the top world halfus parses and say help us out here or take a seat...

we release the nether, storm, time, and whelps at the same time.... halfus is picked up, his tank takes 7-8 stacks and is Hop'd by the pally, takes another 5 stacks then switches( tank with MS stacks takes 1 drake off the new Halfus tank )... whelps are usually down at that point with our fire mage having made quick work of them.... next drake is usually dead or near dead by the time the second tank switch happens

also I suggest releasing the whelps along with everything else you are currently releasing, having everything but slate released loads the damage all on the tanks, which when you have a healer for every tank isn't that bad, just make sure they are rolling cooldowns for as long as possible. Releasing four drakes at the start instead of three is ultimately what lead our group to our kill

we have our feral druid wait by the stairs, he gets halfus MDed to him, your pally tank picks up time and i pick up storm/nether.

we group them up and pop lust. druid gets to 8 stack gets HoP, gets to about 4-5 again by the time time is down and the pally taunts. druid then goes and releases whelps, DPS focuses storm, druid and pally switch off when stacks drop.

storm dies dps AoEs whelps(they are already at about 50% from tank AoE), DPS kills nether i release slate and offtank him for the fight.

you can release whelps off the start, but our feral druid is mainspec boomkin and our pally tank has only been getting gear for about 2 weeks(alt that became main when our other tank quit), so they dont have the greatest gear. when they get more gear we will move to releaseing 4 off the start but this works for us for now.

heroic halfus is an avoidance fight for tanks, the less you get hit the fewer stacks you get. tanks should be wearing either static avoidance trinks or on use avoidance to prolong the time they can tank halfus without a taunt.
    Last edited by herpecin; 2011-05-09 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

What should the tanks buffed HP be around? I believe our tanks have 175k + with flask/motw/fort buff with our mt having ~185k hp.