Deleted

Valiona and Theralion Heroic Rogue survivability

Hi forum
    I've recently been asked by my guildmaster to respec sub so i'm able to survive in the twilight realm.
    I'm a little unsure about some things:
    What to avoid
    How to gain combo points
    When to use cloak

Anybody that would be kind and help a desperate dps?

Regards

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the post on EJ about raiding as sub, there is a lot of discussion about this encounter, and the specific spec to use for it.

I wrote a long post about it like a month ago. Cloak at 20 stacks of the debuff and bandage while cloak is up (free 30% health there). Avoid the orbs, avoid walking through the dragons since they cover up orbs, dont spec the spec that EJ had unless they changed it (get deadly momentum), should be bale to go down on last wave of dazzling destruction and stay as long as you need, feint on cd even if you have to back off a mob to use it, use feint while running past dragons if you have to, dont stand in shit, etc.

Deleted
    We usually go in with 2 rogues at the first dazzling destruction to stay there the entire fight, and a holy paladin + mage going in once in a while if necessary.
    To survive as rogue I usually use prismatic elixir as the adds will go down quick anyway, I also use feint as often as possible and always reset my stacks with Cloak of Shadows at around 25 stacks, make sure you don't hit any orbs and you should be fine also make sure you keep an eye on the flame breath from the theralion > valiona transition as that might kill you inside, same goes for dazzling while you are inside.

Any other questions let me know.
    Posted that in another similar thread should cover it for you.

With a competent healer there is not much of a reason you *need* to go Sub spec for VnT anymore.
    I guess if you're doing 10m heroic I can see it, But in our 25 with 2-3 Rogues on average we only have 1 going Sub nowa days.

Don't worry about your DPS because it simply isn't going to be that great if you are playing Sub for survival.
    Get combo points with Hemo or Backstab, When you are downstairs keep Fient on cooldown and keep Recuperate up 100% of the time.
    With an average healer even you should be able to let your stacks get up to 25-30, If you want to play it safe cloak around 20-25.

We usually send down a Paladin healer + 3 rogues and a Mage. 2 Rogues are Mutilate.

um...Not sure what else to say really. Avoid the orbs obviously, Don't pop them.
    Once cloak is on cooldown and you've killed enough Dragonkin you can usually go back up around when Breath starts if your healer has to leave.
    Alternatively, you can have a Druid healer pop down in place of your Paladin at that time to pop some HoTs on the remaining downstairs members so they do not have to leave, providing they can dodge Breath down there as well as everything else.

Hope this helps! Goodluck.

Deleted
    Wanted to add that if its your first time in there you also might want to use the trinket from tol barad at around 20 stacks or if you are afraid to get hit by an orb use the trinket for that etc.