Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    An interesting poll would be how many people that answered this are wrath babies with no relevant experience in most of the raid content

that's easy: molten core.
    why`? bad itemization, bad encounters, tank&spank. all in comparison to actual raids of course, MC was the best one when it was the only one. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    ToC
    It was, if it wasn't already stated by an official, supposed to be the Azjol-Nerub raid but they scrapped that shit last minute decided to go 'Raider's don't like trash' so they filled a room full of easy mode bosses BUT kept Anub'Arak as the final boss in the intended room. Horde got sick looking tier while Alliance got last minute crap. The only thing that was good about that raid was the separate 10/25 normal and heroic modes.
    I don't think they scrapped a ready to go Azjol'Nerub raid, they just didn't end up with enough time to finish it. Infact there was supposed to be an Azjol'Nerub "outdoor" questing zone too, sort of like Deepholm. But they didn't get to finish that. Same deal with Crystalsong Forest, which was obviously intended to continue the Nexus War/Malygos arc what with all the blue dragon NPCs flying about. They just tried to do a bit too much for Wrath, or didn't have a big enough team.

Those who said TOC like trash mobs?

Sadists?

........ no really, you guys all fucking like trash mobs?

Worst - Troll Raids, Za and Zg. It was so bad I lost my raid spot in my guild for BWL/MC because I never showed up for ZG nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    TOC just a big fucking room.
    n after that another big fucking room.
    fights are deadpan.
    5 bosses in a tier FIVE
    at least the horde T9 sets looked good ...for plate anyway

Quote Originally Posted by highnaga View Post
    SSC, you are killing fishes. fishes....
    Wow I hope you are joking because SSC is one of my favorites. Vashj fight are you kidding me? Pure awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

Sadists?

Yes I do, because they give a feeling to the instance. If I enter the main citadel of the fucking Firelord himself, I expect him to have shitloads of minions. Oh, and I also don't want to enter - kill boss - kill next boss - kill yet another boss all the time. The trash mobs gives you a breathing room as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Trial of the Crusader
    2. Malygos
    3. Naxxramas (Tier 7)

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

People saying ToFW - yeah, I understand where you're coming from. But the fights are a ton of fun, even if Al'Akir is just absurd on heroic mode.

People saying BWD I don't get at all. H-Omnitron is astoundingly fun. Atramades is great, Nef is great...Maloriak has its moments, even if it is too long on heroic. Magmaw and Chimaeron aren't super interesting, but at least they're reasonably entertaining to zerg through. I just always have fun in BWD, especially compared to BOT (which has 2 fun bosses, 1 terrible one, 1 bleh one, and 50 more trash than is needed).

eye of eternity only raid iv done on any of my character's that i didnt like at all

10+ Year Old Account

Sadists?

I don't think you really understand. It's not that anyone likes trash (no one does), it's that trash serves the function of drawing out the raid. It sets the pace and timing and makes the instance actually feel like it has substance. Just banging out bosses doesn't feel epic, it feels cheap and thrown together. Trash is a necessary evil to make a raid really feel like a raid.

More importantly in the case against TOC, trash a vehicle that gives moves you through rooms, halls and areas of the instance between bosses. It's a reflection of a change of scenery, which TOC had none of.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

3) TotC. It made one of the best raid instances obsolete to fast, and offered nothing interesting. Stand in a room as you are fed bosses.
    2) Malygos/Obsidium Sanctum. Whoopiedo, a raid instance with a singleboss. Yeah right...
    1) Onyxia's Lair, the WotLK re-release. It was old, chewed out content. With recycled loot and basicly just a "1 room with 1 boss"-raid that we all saw before all to many times. The only good thing this had going was that touch of nostalgia. Needless to say i barely touched this failure of an instance. Luckily it wasnt needed to do at all anyway.

Ill say it again, walking into a single room to beat a single boss is not a raid. Thats about 15min work, what are you gona do the rest of the week? A real raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked ToC..........because I hate trash and that element was removed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Yes I do, because they give a feeling to the instance. If I enter the main citadel of the fucking Firelord himself, I expect him to have shitloads of minions. Oh, and I also don't want to enter - kill boss - kill next boss - kill yet another boss all the time. The trash mobs gives you a breathing room as well.
    So you are the guy who goes afk on trash.

I hate you.

Deleted
    I don't understand the Cata raid hate?

Throne of the four winds: The place is amazing. The scenery is really adventurous, and the boss fight mechanics are very innovative. Conclave was amazing to do even on normal mode, and heroic mode is even better. Al'akir P1 10man on both heroic and normal is one of the best phases of a boss fight in the game. P2 is a bit lame and the difficulty depends a lot on your role. P3 is ok-ish, but a bit too relaxing. 25man is a bit more annoying, but not that bad.

Blackwing descent: What is the issue here? I agree the dungeon should have had a bit more progressive-style design, but the fights, maybe with the exception of Magmaw normal, Maloriak P1 normal and Chimaeron normal/heroic, are all very well designed.

Deleted
    i actually didnt mind naxx too much, it was the first raid i properly went to with a guild (although i played vanilla and tbc, i was always more of a pvper).
    but ToC, wtf was that?! granted, some of the bosses were interesting, but it was just 1 room (and a cellar)

Deleted
    Mount Hyjal - To many trash packs

Deleted
    So you are the guy who goes afk on trash.
    I hate you.
    I know exactly what he means though. If you're doing a raid with fairly challenging bosses where you have to focus quite a bit, most trash allows you to take a more relaxed attitude. And yes, its the perfect time to sneak away for that quick bio break, grab a snack and a drink, take care of the noisy pet or kid, and so on. Better to be able to do that during a quick trash interval than holding up the next boss attempt.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Malygos no doubt

ToC wasnt that bad if hard modes, and Faction Champs is the most fun encounter i played since Kara Chess... perhaps because the fight is not the same always
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC by far. Silly little wham bam thank you maam instance that you had to run 4 TIMES a week. That shit got old fast.