Poll: HoN or LoL?

Thread: LoL or HoN?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Except LoL just implemented a new system that pulls HoN's pants down and then everybody laughs at them in the bathroom.

Tribunal

Riot puts the powah in your hands. They send you player score, how and why the player was reported, and chat logs for 7-10 games. Then you vote to pardon or punish. All final decisions are made by Riot, but voting alongside the final decision earns you internet currency towards buying their champions (among other things.) The more times you correctly vote, the more times you get to vote. It has been deeply satisfying to inflict righteous judgment on feeders and racists.

Black and white is a nonsense. I never said i like LoL much more than HoN or Dota. I was talking about HoN in reply to the "poor" comment.

Yes i think HoN is a direct copy of Dota with most of the gameplay mechanics and heroes (both visually and ability mechanics) being copy-pasted into other game and something we all loved and played turned into buy to play.
    Now here's the funny thing, alot of good people are moving away from WC3 and since HoN is the same-next-big thing with same heroes and same mechanics with decently competetive community vs LoL that is different game style, different heroes, ~ objectives and many other features it's natural that people will play what they are familiar with a.k.a HoN and thus create even stronger competetive community.
    I'm not pulling this stuff out of my ass, if you are not aware of that already you can easily look around.

As for the slightly worse and smaller community there are many things compared to LoL that makes HoN unapealing to new players.
    Except BTP model, death penalty is much bigger than LoL and small mistakes mistakes have much bigger weight in HoN, letting players dig a bigger hole for their team thus turing others into bloodthirsty hounds vs the noob... im sure you know what im talking about if you played HoN.
    I doubt many new players would bother with that kind of stuff for long.

Compared to it LoL is free to pick up and play, easier to get used to and more casual in general.. competetive crowd is not that big, i said what i think are some of the main reasons. Your comment about black and white doesn't make any sence because i was talking mainly about HoN and what i think about that game and not much about LoL. There are many balance issues in all 3 phases of the game, plus there is this nonsense called exhaust and blink that make the gap even bigger and it's their answer for unexplainable melee damage and all kind of nonsense. It encourages a team fight 5v5 late game but that's another thing aswell.

They promised alot of changes, which only few were implemented in the end. We still have to see UI improvements, replay feature, new map they promised over a year ago and graphic update. I also think the cash shop is a ripoff, but that's for another topic. What they're doing is runing the game and adding new champion ~ +1 every 2 weeks for *max price a.k.a $$$$$ and ignoring the big portion of their player base and their concerns. Do i like what they're doing and the state of the game as it is now? Yeah right.

Guess im wasting too much time around here but like i said LoL is much more casual friendly and easier to pick up + its free so the player base is huge compared to fairly close and unfriendly HoN community in general, thus making these kind of pools useless.. they only reflect player base numbers + many people are ignorant and dont even know what other game is and think what they're doing is best thing 2011..

LoL is catching up HoN regarding esport lately, and its much easier to pick up, learn and play without paying anything, plus the community is much brighter, people decide for it mainly because of that.

Switching from you to the whole thread slightly.. but either way, people like you thinking me or others that point some major flaws are biased towards either game is just bs.. they're both OK to play but both have some big problems and lot of ignorant $.$ people behind it.

As for you if you want to post something and reply to someone, reply with some decent arguments not useless crap and promoting even further flame wars, posting some oppinions after 3 posts and after calling you a bs is just silly... didnt expect much anyway...

@ ManiaCCC
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2011-05-27 at 04:17 PM.