Thread: rogue and feral

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

rogue and feral

whats the difference between rogues and feral druids in pvp, from what i can make out druids are overall stronger because they have good heals, good dot through their bleeds but rogues have alot higher damage and can stun for longer time.

Well you just said the differences.

Feral druids are imbalanced.
    In fact, all druids are imbalanced, it's been that way forever.
    Rogues are imbalanced too, but not nearly as much.

Imbalance.
    Basically anything that can kill me is imbalanced.
    I should not be able to die.
    I blow bubbles.

Rogues have a long lockdown (interrupt, stun, silence, smoke bomb, blind)
    Druid got (interrupt, stun, cyclone)
    Thats CC wise.
    Mobility and escape:
    Rogues: Sprint, +15% speed all the time (if specced), cheat death, vanish, shadowstep.
    Druids: Dash, +30% speed all the time, feral charge.
    Feral got the advantages first when it comes to bleeds.
    Also, when going out of form to heal and do stuff like that.

Tit for tat comparison really. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

While playing my Rogue I envy my Feral's healing and non-cooldown based survivability (Read: Bear form). On my Druid I envy the Rogue's control, CoS, Vanish(!!!) and at times, Recuperate... Sometimes shifting out to pop a measly rejuv on yourself just isn't worth the risk of getting stunned and blown up.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue's aren't exactly there for damage, at least imo =/

There a control class <.<

Good heals, lol. Recuperate outheals ferals.
    Feral is probably the most balanced class ingame.

Feral is way more fun to play than any other class tho. (Fact).

"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Deleted
    Druids have a +15% movement speed bonus from the 4-piece pvp set. Just pointing it out.

Other than that, rogues are the masters of pvp control. Ferals are a little less good at controlling but their toolbox has other tools, like the ability to self heal all the time, better group buffs, and cooldowns to survive a X vs 1 focus for about 10-15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Druids have a +15% movement speed bonus from the 4-piece pvp set. Just pointing it out.

Other than that, rogues are the masters of pvp control. Ferals are a little less good at controlling but their toolbox has other tools, like the ability to self heal all the time, better group buffs, and cooldowns to survive a X vs 1 focus for about 10-15 seconds.
    15% from gear and 15% from talents.
    Yes, they do stack.

Deleted
    Feral bleeds are very strong, while a rogue's rupture is laughable.

Deleted
    Its actually 15% + 30% .. just puttin it out there, and yeah, stampeding roar .

(Sub) Rogues got a lot of control, thats how they help their teams to put pressure on the enemy teams.
    Feral Druids got higher sustained damage though which can create pressure as well.

This is the biggest difference imo(apart from the obvious stuff).

As a feral druid, the way I view it is; that rogues have CD's to survive, and Cd's to kill, and rely heavily on those.
    As a druid I feel its less CD reliance and more of being smart about what your doing (we do have CD's but as someone mentioned they are more for survival).

did you just say that feral has "good heals?

The feral I play with heals a total f 1800 from his regrowth ticks combined...ye, amazing healing:P

Yeah anyone who says ferals have heals is immediately discredited in my book as "never played a feral druid". In WotLK and earlier, feral heals were actually pertinent. But now with 100k+ health pools, even if I cast rejuv (1gcd) + 3 lifeblooms (3 gcds) + healing touch (long cast) that will roughly heal me for MAYBE 1/4 my health, 1/3 if I crit. Absolutely not viable in a fight, I can only stop to heal if I run away or everyone is dead.

However, I am happy to be honest with druid changes (minus the shapeshifting nerf) lately, especially the two root breaks. I can kill frost mages again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braggo1994 View Post
    whats the difference between rogues and feral druids in pvp, from what i can make out druids are overall stronger because they have good heals, good dot through their bleeds but rogues have alot higher damage and can stun for longer time.
    You can't say something is stronger just because of one aspect. Classes are a composite of all their abilities. Rogues don't necessarily have higher damage, it depends on the situation and what type of PvP you're talking about. Both are great and very fun to play.

imo feral > rogue

their up time without being based on limited CD's is so much higher with higher margin for error as well, and then theres the cyclones. that is not to say rogues are gimped whatsoever, but i think Blizzard went overboard with hybrid specs, namelly ferals.

I don't get all you folks bashing on feral heals... You're not suppose to stand there spamming healing touch on yourself in the middle of combat. Stun/run from your enemy(ies) and pop a PS+Healing Touch, then lifebloom/rejuv as able and go back to Cat (Nurturing Instinct). Do this every time you get PS and don't need/can't CC.

Sure it won't save you from being focused down by multiple DPS, no non-healers healing capabilities will. Although nerfed a bit in 4.1 feral heals are far from useless.
    Last edited by DesolatedMaggot; 2011-05-09 at 11:20 PM.

There is the talent that increases healing for x% of agility and 20% healing done to you, so feral healing is viable, if specced correctly

rogues: less sustained, better burst, more control, better utility, better utility cooldowns (clos, vanish)
    druids: more sustained, better off-target CC (cyclone> blind because of cd's), less healing (yes, LESS) better passive survivability at the cost of damage (bear)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.