Deleted

Question about Call to arms.

Call to arms satchel. This is supposed to be given to a member who finishes the random dungeon. Please can someone specify exactly what conditions should be met for this reward ?

You must meet the correct role (Tank if thats lightened up, healer if thats lightened up) and sign solo.
    You can not sign solo as tank, finish it and then requeue with the people you just met, that will not give satchel.

1. CTA needs to be up for the role you Join Queue as.

2. You must Join Queue alone, i.e. ungrouped.

3. You must complete the instance.

if you fill all those requirements, you get a CTA Satchel of Mysteries.

Deleted
    ok.. so if i queue up as a healer, i enter the dungeon we do 3 bosses and a dps quits randomly without any reason... and we re-queue as a party to look up for this last man to finish the dungeon. Am i still having this option to get the satchel ?

Yes you will, however if it says your duengon group is ready and asks you to accept it, it will merge groups and you wont get it.

You should read the multiple posts Blizzard has made about it, but here is the short version:

"If a certain spec is lacking (eg: tanks) in the dongeon finder, hence long waits for the others, then the call to arms will become active for the lacking spec. This will give to anyone who finishes the dongeon of that spec the satchel. It is used as a motivationnal tool.
    So to answer your question, to get the satchel, you must see a satchel as a reward for finishing the dongeon when you queue (like the valor points)."

An example: if tanks are missing, then the call to arms tanks will become active, and hence, any tank who finishes a dongeon will get it (only him, not the reste of the group).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    Yes you will, however if it says your duengon group is ready and asks you to accept it, it will merge groups and you wont get it.
    can u pls explain that ? so if... anyone ever leaves a dungeon i should quit cause i wont get my satchel.

No, Ill explain.
    You sign up as healer (Healer currently got Call to Arms)
    You get ZA, and think "Ok, lets do this"
    You kill 2 bosses, and then the boomkin have to go eat dinner, so he leave.
    You sign up for new, and 2 things can happend.
    1) All of sudden you have a new DPS there.
    2) You get called in to a new duengon.

If no. 1 is the case, you finished it and got satchel.
    If no. 2 is the case, there is 2 new cases.
    1) You accept, you finish the instance and didnt get satchel.
    2) You decline, you sign up again and wait for a new DPS to get put into your group instead because that will give you satchel.

What I mean is, if when you resign, it give you the possibility to leave queue or enter duengon, pressing enter duengon will mean you wont get satchel, so leave queue and resign after that.
    Last edited by Shanto94; 2011-05-09 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Ok.. i got option number 1 and did not get a satchel. I opened a ticket to blizzard. A GM came to me and said "Eveyone in the group should finish the dungeon and u may not add any other dps, go and finish the dungeon with 4 man".
    I got ninja´ed by blizz ?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, I don't believe you that the GM said "go finish the dungeon with 4 people." I've earned a lot of CTA bags over the past couple weeks and never had a problem. I've had people leave and replace them, I've kicked people and replaced them. Are you sure CTA was lit up for your role when you queued? Are you sure you didn't queue with someone else from your guild/realm? Those are the only two explanations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    For some reason, I don't believe you that the GM said "go finish the dungeon with 4 people." I've earned a lot of CTA bags over the past couple weeks and never had a problem. I've had people leave and replace them, I've kicked people and replaced them. Are you sure CTA was lit up for your role when you queued? Are you sure you didn't queue with someone else from your guild/realm? Those are the only two explanations.
    Definetely he wrote.. u can still finish the dungeon with 4 man if u still want the option to get the satchel... my words were i cant make someone stay if they want to quit.

Since then... whenever someone leaves.. i do exactly the same thing... cause i will not have option to satchel.

I haven't tested it, but I've heard that the Highlighted CTA role only applies for the current highlights when you complete. Not the highlight that is lit when you start.

Can anyone confirm/disprove this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I haven't tested it, but I've heard that the Highlighted CTA role only applies for the current highlights when you complete. Not the highlight that is lit when you start.

thats a bug they are trying to fix next patch
    they are going to show in the LFD dongle on the minimap if you are qualified for a CTA bag while in the dungeon (as a saved state/buff w.e)

ive managed to randomly get CTA bags as healer, which i wasnt expecting

CTA wasnt up for the healing role wen i queued, but was up wen i completed, and managed to score a bag anyway

I've gotten the cta as tank several times now, after either one person left or was kicked, and a new person joined.
    Also make sure that if you sign up without the cta for your role, if the cta comes up doing the dungeon you should not get the bag. Also don't worrie if the cta disapears while your inside, aslong as you signed when it was there, you will get it.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post

No. The moment you queue up, you get "marked" for the satchel and it will stay that way till the dungeon is finished or the group reforms.
    However, if you have to reform (for example one of the members leaves/gets kicked after 3/6 bosses), it is possible to loose this "mark", when CtA:[your role] is no longer up during the role check.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I've done probably 20 CTA runs and have never NOT gotten the bag I was expecting. I've had people drop and get replaced, etc. If I queue with CTA, I've gotten my bag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Like I said, I've done probably 20 CTA runs and have never NOT gotten the bag I was expecting. I've had people drop and get replaced, etc. If I queue with CTA, I've gotten my bag.
    Ty, i will keep trying to get them. As far i have just got 5 or 6 satchels but this last one really pissed me out.

I only havent gotten 1 satchel out of soon 60
    My experience is that only if you get invited to a new duengon, you wont get it, replacement work fine.

I had no problem with geting satchel (I've got about 30) . Only once I didn't recieved it and it was bacause I had full bag - no mail comes with it.