Poll: Would you rather 10 and 25 mans be on different lockouts?

Am i the only one who liked having 10 and 25 mans on different lockouts?

i mean i could go on for hours of my justifications of how and why having more available is always better but who really cares and its not anyone on here is going to change there stance....lol.

this has nothing to do with them having = loot, i'm perfectly ok with that.

Then they would have to change back to bad loot for 10 man and good loot for 25man, which would make people feel forced to play 25man even though alot of players enjoy 10 man. Sure it was fun being able to do both, I can agree with that but as it is now is still better in some ways.

OK the general consistence is that ppl do not understand the question.

all gear is the same, im am only asking about the lock outs, so far every reply has been no i dont like the gear being different.
    Last edited by Mixon; 2011-05-09 at 08:17 PM.

Its cool when you got maybe 6/12 bosses, cause then you would kill 6 first on 10, maybe try progressing further 10 man, then go kill 6 25 man bosses and progress a bit there, but if you had lets say 5/13 you would have to kill 24 bosses each week, leaving little time for progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Then they would have to change back to bad loot for 10 man and good loot for 25man, which would make people feel forced to play 25man even though alot of players enjoy 10 man. Sure it was fun being able to do both, I can agree with that but as it is now is still better in some ways.

when your in a 25 man guild you cant do 10s or you fuck up your 25 man raids, when you in a 10 man guild you cant raid on off nights because there is never enough ppl on or your not allowed to kill said boss until later.

i think this is the biggest thing holding back pug raids atm is no one can raid anything because of being chained to there guild run.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. I personally wasn't a fan of it by any means, but I can see why people would want more "content" to do.

i find that i am bored alot after the main raid days. but i agree with the one above me when he says that it would leave little prgress time. having only one raid also gives you more time to gear out an alt instead of having to worry about farming VPs every week like in wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I liked it. What I didn't like was that they had different levels of gear.
    Vol'jin fanboy

I always loved running 10 mans more than the 25 mans but hated that 25man loot was so much better I basically had to do the 25mans if I wanted the best gear and I mean who doesnt want to go for the best Items

Personally I liked the opportunity to play more lock outs. What I'd like to see is seperate lock outs with the same loot, but only your first lockout for each raid awards VP.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Loved it, wish they never merged lockouts. 8<

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Personally I liked the opportunity to play more lock outs. What I'd like to see is seperate lock outs with the same loot, but only your first lockout for each raid awards VP.

ahhh yes genius, they can do it just like they did the daily heroics =)

Well as messed up as the loot system is right now, guilds that have been farming bosses for 6 months still haven't seen several items drop, I think they could leave the same loot for 10 and 25, and just leave the valor point cap where it is. Maybe help people finally see that one last piece they need to drop. However I think Blizzards response would be that it would "force" everyone to run both every week, even tho you wouldn't be getting valor points from the 2nd raid, and that they released upgraded heroics to attempt to fill slots with subpar gear.

All the loot/point/casual vs. hardcore nonsense aside:

I miss having both lock outs. Server pugs were much more common then, and it was a lot of fun to be able to run multiple raids on alts each week, even if it was the same raid instance.

God no. You had to raid so very much in Wrath to remain competitive. If you weren't running 10s in addition to your 25 then you were giving up on potential upgrades. I'm much happier only having to do one or the other. I've been raiding since Vanilla and I never experienced burn out like wrath inflicted on the raiding population.

Deleted
    Does anyone even know the reason why Blizzard changed this? Just out of curiousity.

i would love to be able to do a guild run and still go do a pug each week, yeah i don't need gear from the normal modes but its fun to go help other ppl out =)

Deleted
    I miss when 25man was the real deal and not some silly "10/25man is the same" and if you wanted to raid higher up, you had to join a 25man guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Does anyone even know the reason why Blizzard changed this? Just out of curiousity.
    Couple reasons. Some 25 man raiders felt a bit annoyed being "forced" to also run 10 man raids for the extra gear and Emblems of Triumph/Frost. It was pretty necessary if you were a progression raider, especially if you were also dealing with limited attempts on new bosses.
    Secondly, 10 man raiders didn't like being second class citizens with inferior gear, and always being beaten to the first 10 man kills by 25 man guilds that had better gear and were better able to stack the right classes.

You can't really have seperate lockouts *and* have the same quality of gear for both raid sizes and still address the complaints above. Personally I could go 50/50 on the issue. Seperate lockouts were good for pugging, and for those nights when our guild couldn't field a 25 man raid but had enough for one or two 10s runs. But the grindy aspect of running both for gear upgrades was annoying at times, especially in ToC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two nights a week on LK10HC and three nights a week on LK25HC, resulting in a total of five nights a week of progress, was stressy. I had a five nights a week-schedule for quite a while, but nothing was as stressy as the combination of progressing on both Brick Wall 10HC and Brick Wall 25HC at the same time. Despite that, I have to say I rather enjoyed 10m and 25m being on different lockouts.

When progressing for too long a time, you can get a bit grumpy and lose some of the team spirit. Despite having cleared 11/12 HC on 25m (and 10m) relatively early, we had problems repeating the downing of Putri and Sindra for a while in our 25m group, so as a core member that also happened to be a Demon warlock = almost guaranteed spot in the 10m, it felt good to join that elite group of core members assigned to down LK10HC asap, every wednesday and faceroll through the first 11 bosses. We rarely wiped on the first 11 bosses in 10m HC, which was rather satisfying when the rest of our five progression nights were filled with countless wipes on the three main bosses of ICC25HC (putri, sindra, LK).

The people not in the 10m group did not get that energy boost of a successful 11/12 10HC oneshot, so I can understand if they weren't too happy spending most of the time wiping, but on the other hand they also got two more days off' and in the 10m group, we spent most of the time wiping on LK10HC anyway.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2011-05-09 at 10:59 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio