Thread: Halo (PC)

Deleted

Halo (PC)

Today, i found out there are PC versions of Halo, and Halo 2. Me being a fan of Halo back when i had an Xbox was happy when i discovered that. But after looking more into it, it appeared that both games are for Windows Vista and up, not for Windows XP. My golden question is,: Are there patches out there to make Halo, and Halo 2 work on Windows XP?

(Yes, i know that XP is old, but i like it, and am happy with it.)

Vista is definately not required for the first Halo. It came out on the PC 2 years befroe Vista was available. Hell, I think you can even play it on Windows 98!

As for Halo 2, there are apparently 3rd party mods to get it to work on XP, but these are not officially supported.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo94uRBr4bg
    This is the best thing I could find with 3 minutes of taking the time to google something for you.

Deleted
    I'll just Download Halo 1 first, and look for a Patch or something for Halo 2 after im finished with 1. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergegh View Post
    Today, i found out there are PC versions of Halo, and Halo 2. Me being a fan of Halo back when i had an Xbox was happy when i discovered that. But after looking more into it, it appeared that both games are for Windows Vista and up, not for Windows XP. My golden question is,: Are there patches out there to make Halo, and Halo 2 work on Windows XP?

(Yes, i know that XP is old, but i like it, and am happy with it.)
    there is nothing wrong with XP....i still think its a great OS

OT: yeah....halo 1 can run on XP.....i remember buying it a long time ago from a circuit city....as for halo 2...im sure theres something somewhere that will allow you to play it on XP