Rift Armor Types - Class specific?

Helllo guys,

I'm a bit of a total newbie when it comes to Rift and I have a quick question.

I have been trying to find some info on how armor works in Rift.

I have a cleric and I know he can use chain armor. Should I aim to go only for chain items (pretty much like how WoW has a penalty if you are wearing something else) or should I just wear the best items available while trying to have as much chain as possible?

Many thanks for the help!
    In MoP we all got a Legen...........wait for it...........dary!

Stick to chain gear. Leather/plate will be 100% useless for you (you don't use strength/dexterity), and cloth is generally far less useful due to the focus on intellect over wisdom.

Warrior - Plate(has strength as main stat)
    Cleric - Chain(has wisdom as main stat)
    Rogue - Leather(has dexterity as main stat)
    Mage - Cloth(has intellect as main stat)

So stick to chain armour as a Cleric

Cool thanks for the fast replies guys
    In MoP we all got a Legen...........wait for it...........dary!

Well if you get a cloth item with more stats on it, there is no penalty for using it. But as ppl said, often chain is better, cuase of the higher wisdom
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Can't find exact thread about my question, so I'll ask it here.
    Does Rift have something like WoW Transmog thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Can't find exact thread about my question, so I'll ask it here.
    Does Rift have something like WoW Transmog thing?
    It actually have a far faster system called Wardrobe. All you do is that you go to the tab and put the item you want to look like in its respective slot and boom, it will look like that, or disable pieces and they won't show
    Also you can dye it
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players make community, and players broke it.
    More social options than ever, but less willingness than ever to use them.
    Blame the right people please, your fellow players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It actually have a far faster system called Wardrobe. All you do is that you go to the tab and put the item you want to look like in its respective slot and boom, it will look like that, or disable pieces and they won't show
    Also you can dye it
    and can store multiple wardrobe sets. I have 4 that I switvh between, but you can have a lot more than that.

Also, the only thing that you cannot use the Wardrobe for is weapons. Those do have a transmog like feature though.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project