Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What are the restrictions of this trial? Obviously Rift's site is misleading and not stating them.
    Ok so oddly enough I am not sure if this intentional or not. I thinks Trions master plan was to figure out every tactic the RMT'rs use to spam you. I expected back to back rmt spam today and in a period of 5-6 hours I think I saw one....no random whispers. That is a very good question.

As far as I know none.

Every time I go to someone's link, I log onto my account and then my browser just loads forever and nothing happens :S

Um.... I just got one to work, nvm xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Winterfall (PvP-EU) Highest PvP pop server.

Names: Ratth - Silidh. Guardian

Ascend-a-friend

New patch now live on EU and D2D offering a 50% off on Rift Collectors Edition.

Trial restrictions unless changed:
    Level 15
    Unable to use epic items.
    No Mail and AH.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2011-05-13 at 10:50 AM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Level 15 — No dungeons or battlegrounds (with any survivability in mind), also not being able to complete storyline.
    No mail — No mount, hours of running due to lack of teleport pads and twisting paths.
    Invisible walls everywhere — No travel.
    7 days — NCSoft style. Even EA/Mythic or SoE have decency to offer 14 day trials, as WoW does if you pay forit.

In total: The sheer lack of astonishment and much frustration. What are they thinking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Invisible walls everywhere — No travel.

In total: The sheer lack of astonishment and much frustration. What are they thinking?
    Where are these invisible walls? Post facts, not lies if your going to put a game down. All you seem to do is put off any game that isn't WoW.

Best game ever

Hi guys... for those who liked WoW, RIFT is better.
    For those who didn't like Wow, RIFT is great.
    I, for example, tried to play Wow a month and didn't like it enough to pay for it, but I've already paid for the 6-month RIFT plan.

Here is my code. It gives you 7-day trial, a title(The Chosen) and, if you buy the game, you'll get another 30 days free. And I'll get that most precious puppy. ^.^

riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=WP777DT6E9T6XG9FZLP3&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=a scend_invite

Please join the world of Telara.

You will not regret it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Where are these invisible walls? Post facts, not lies if your going to put a game down. All you seem to do is put off any game that isn't WoW.

I love to explore... I've never seen such walls.

In fact, I died sometimes just by falling of a great mountain while trying a new cross country way.

So... no invisible walls there too.

He can't post facts just because there is no fact to post.
    Last edited by Shinsei; 2011-05-11 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do the first dungeon and WF, it's even so the first dungeon is set to level 15 to 19. The invisible walls is probably that you can't move past into level 19-20+ zones. What frankly not much use to do that seeing you can't go above 15 for starters.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Try Rift now. Here is a review of the game http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1152717p1.html. If you decide to give the game a shot =) Use this link http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

First mount free on me. Bloodiron server Guardian Name Keksa . cya in RIFT!

So not only do they copy wow in terms of gameplay but they also copy the RaF function to every last detail...../facepalm

what a joke of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    So not only do they copy wow in terms of gameplay but they also copy the RaF function to every last detail...../facepalm

what a joke of a game.
    Yes, because wow was the first game with said gameplay...

No...clearly your just either one of the below or both
    1 - wow fanboy
    2 - wow was your first mmo..and you think it was the first ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilmar View Post
    Yes, because wow was the first game with said gameplay...

No...clearly your just either one of the below or both
    1 - wow fanboy
    2 - wow was your first mmo..and you think it was the first ever made.
    Not at all I have played MMO's for many years,WoW may be similar to previous mmo's but Rift takes the biscuit...apart from the graphics its an exact copy....dont wanna derail the thread anyway so GL to those looking to start up on Rift.

Deleted
    I'm so excited about this. Also, FREE TRIAL now available for everyone!

I am not into Rift yet, played WoW (again) after 4 years break, just to see same ol things...at this very moment, around 63 other hunters are wearing the same gear I have.

Sick of this mirror-playing, I am really glad Rift broguht the look customization in 1.2. Already deleted my WoW subscription, just waiting it to expire then I'm gonna try Rift.

I'll come back to WoW?
    Can be. I'll go back to EVE Online if Rift is disappointing? More probably!

If anyone wants to invite me as a friend to get rewards in Rift, pm me.

here is my link if you want to test RIFT. If you have any questions about the game or which server to go on etc please just ask .

http://uk.riftgame.com/en/products/a...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I've hit one invisible wall. In Stonefield, up above Deepstrike. That's it.

Please be my friend and use my invite! I want that Corgi so bad, I love Corgis.

@Tackhisis the website does state them if you click on a friend link. Here they are:

This Trial will grant you a digital copy and up to seven (7) consecutive days of access to RIFT (new accounts only).

If you wish to continue your travels in Telara once the trial period has ended, you will need to purchase the game software at a retail store or digitally through www.RIFTgame.com/en/buynow and update your Account subscription information with a valid credit, debit, or official RIFT Game Time Card to pay the monthly recurring subscription fee. Entering billing information prior to the end of your trial period will terminate the trial service and you will lose the any unused trial time. Certain gameplay restrictions apply. Gameplay and offer subject to Trion Worlds’ Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and RIFT End User License Agreement. See www.RIFTgame.com/en/trial for more details.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 10:25 AM ----------

Not at all I have played MMO's for many years,WoW may be similar to previous mmo's but Rift takes the biscuit...apart from the graphics its an exact copy....dont wanna derail the thread anyway so GL to those looking to start up on Rift.
    Castia, I played wow for three years. Rift is not even close to an exact copy. Wow was not anywhere near the first push-button MMO.

Frankly, if I were going to draw a comparison to wow, I would simply say it's a vastly upgraded fantasy mmo that blends successful elements of prior games with a bunch of new ideas.

And, the number one reason I love it and play it over wow: Rifts. Rift inspires teamwork and cooperation from day one. That imo is the best part of what it has to offer.
    Last edited by Lau; 2011-05-13 at 02:17 PM.

lol well people are obviously interested in the game atleast to try it. Thanks whoever that 3rd person who purchased was

what a joke of a game.
    lol well if it works, then why change it? WoW did it to EQ man. Blizzard will do it right back to Trion eventually anyways. All these MMO's borrow from each other when it comes to marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    lol well people are obviously interested in the game atleast to try it. Thanks whoever that 3rd person who purchased was

lol well if it works, then why change it? WoW did it to EQ man. Blizzard will do it right back to Trion eventually anyways. All these MMO's borrow from each other when it comes to marketing.
    lucky bastard! (jelouse lol)

Deleted
    apart from the graphics its an exact copy....dont wanna derail the thread anyway so GL to those looking to start up on Rift.
    The fact i'll be able to customize my gear (like in rl you can customize pretty everything) by itself is the major improvement.
    I was in Wow since 2005, lets see if I can stop to see tons of ppl wearing my very same Pauldrons of Nalorak, Corded Viper Belt and Thread of Malorne...what the....

Thanks for your good luck, and good look to you in Firelands.

Thanks also to all the messages I've got in pm for invitation. I am really into trying the game, but already had in my mind to buy it.
    Since many are inviting me, i dont know who to accept.

Add some words to your request, so the best (=fun/nice/kind/interesting) pm will be taken.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekia View Post
    lucky bastard! (jelouse lol)
    I went from 10 friends when this started to 118 in under 2 days. The game obviously has some interest you just need to get your code out there.