Deleted
    So I got my copy of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.

Pretty pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    So I got my copy of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.

Pretty pictures...
    I actually loved the book, Dunk and Egg are such a loveable pair, I really hope we get to read more of their adventures.

Looks like The Blackfish is back for season 6
    http://www.gamesradar.com/game-thron...ter-back-fold/

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    I actually loved the book, Dunk and Egg are such a loveable pair, I really hope we get to read more of their adventures.
    I honestly love how the writing style in general evolves with the character of Dunk, it starts off rather naive and reads a bit like a chivalric romance, but then becomes progressively more nuanced and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I honestly love how the writing style in general evolves with the character of Dunk, it starts off rather naive and reads a bit like a chivalric romance, but then becomes progressively more nuanced and realistic.
    Having read all of the Game of Thrones books and watched the TV series, i have to say that i think Dunk and Egg are definetly my favourite characters although there are some very interesting and likeable characters in the other books, like you said, as it evolves it becomes more realistic which is what i loved about the book. I really really hope that we get a follow up in the future as i would really like to see what their journey to the wall will entail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Looks like The Blackfish is back for season 6
    http://www.gamesradar.com/game-thron...ter-back-fold/
    Good, Jaime scenes in Feast for Crows were some of his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Good, Jaime scenes in Feast for Crows were some of his best.
    I agree. Hated his diversion to Dorne in the show. I think you saw him grow in many ways in AFFC. You saw that he could play the diplomat, but also how fragile he now is, and that he knows it just adds to his development. I loved how the Brienne effect washed over him, and he stuck to his guns, no Tully blood was spilled. I actually feel sorry for him, that he is so hated. Testament to the books, he earned his reviled status, though some things he is hated for is unfair, whilst he was a king slayer, he did the right thing. He wasn't involved in the Red Wedding. I wish they had have shown him confess to Tyrion in the show about Tysha, it was such a powerful moment, and the seeds of doubt that Tyrion plant in his head sort of makes him grow up in a way, as he starts to see his sister for what she is. They had such good material to work with in the show, that they scrapped it for the Dorne travesty was saddening. Glad to see the Blackfish looks to be back, I love him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/2...fficially-dead

Looks like The Mannis won't be coming back in the show at least.

Unless....the others raise him. And they bend the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post

For clarity I am not arguing that Stannis is coming back, however, assuming the guide book is the same one as the one they produce digitally, that exact same guide book claims Jon Snow is dead.

Deleted

What is dead may never die.

What is dead may never die.
    But will rise again harder and stronger. To destroy those who don't bend the knee.

Wyatt, if this is true, then I don't expect to see him in the show again, but I do think he deserved a better ending.

...so what was the point of not seeing his death actually occur, then? The show has never shied away from showing blood and gore. I don't expect that he'll be back but they could be pulling a Jon Snow by pretending that we'll never see him again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ...so what was the point of not seeing his death actually occur, then? The show has never shied away from showing blood and gore. I don't expect that he'll be back but they could be pulling a Jon Snow by pretending that we'll never see him again.
    According to the director of the finale it would have been "gratuitous" to show his death.

According to the director of the finale it would have been "gratuitous" to show his death.
    That line is laughable. I don't mean laughable in the sense that it is usually used, I mean it is literally laughable.

I'll admit I am skeptical that Stannis is dead based on the way they ended and on how they avoided having anyone with any authority actually confirm that Stannis is dead. They pretty much have everyone involved in the scene talking about how Stannis is dead, that save anyone who actually knows that Stannis is dead.

I've been keeping my eye on The Watchers on the Wall for when they start filming Briienne scenes. As far as I can tell she has only been involved in one scene so far and that was that huge battle that has Jon wearing House Stark garb.

...that didn't stop them injecting that awful 'bad pussy' line into the show, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ...that didn't stop them injecting that awful 'bad pussy' line into the show, though.
    Wait, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    Wait, what happened?
    What happened where?

10+ Year Old Account
    They do know that their show is Game of Thrones and not Real Housewives of Westeros right?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is a fine line between suspenseful/intense action and it being over the top and it loses its intended effect. What would we have gained from seeing Stannis Head being lopped off and rolling to the floor, to watch a king slowly lose the life in his eyes.

A frame that goes on 1-2secs too long can ruin the shot and in the case of killing someone, can make the scene damn right comical.

Was it done well? No. But a lot went wrong with season5 but after 4 great seasons Ill still be excited for s6

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    There is a fine line between suspenseful/intense action and it being over the top and it loses its intended effect. What would we have gained from seeing Stannis Head being lopped off and rolling to the floor, to watch a king slowly lose the life in his eyes.

A frame that goes on 1-2secs too long can ruin the shot and in the case of killing someone, can make the scene damn right comical.

Was it done well? No. But a lot went wrong with season5 but after 4 great seasons Ill still be excited for s6
    It would have made sense to show it in a manner similar to Catelyn Stark's demise. That was very poetically done. Stannis' demise felt very jarring because the build up was...very lacking. Within a couple of episodes everything came crashing down (arguably at the expense of his character development) and then we didn't even get to see his final scene play out in full.