Mouse over macro help.

Just got a new mouse, but some of the buttons register as key presses so I have to use mouse over macros for them. Is there any way to make a mouse over macro that will cast at my current target if I'm not mousing over a frame?

Not sure if you are talking about heal spells or damage spells so depending on what you wanted to do it would look like this:

Heals
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,nodead,help][]Flash Heal
    Damage
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm][]Polymorph
    You could also go with
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,nodead][]Spell
    which is more generic and could fail depending on what your mouseover was.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Code:
    #showtooltip Rejuvenation
    /cast [nomodifier:alt,target=mouseover,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,help,nodead][nomodifier:alt,target=targettarget,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,target=player][modifier:alt,target=player] Rejuvenation
    That's the mouseover macro I use for all my heals. It casts at your mouseover target if it exists, your target if you have a friendly target and no mouseover, the target of your target if it's an enemy target (ie at the tank if you're targeting a boss) , yourself if you hold alt (can easily take that out) and also yourself if none of the previous conditions were met. I love it :-)

Edit: That's for healing spells, which I assume is what you're using. For damage spells see lowamous's code.

This is the exact same macro you posted Leynal just cut down to 121 chars instead of 224 chars.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@player]Rejuvenation

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks all for the quick responses. now I can see if this mouse was really worth it or just overpriced flash.