Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    yay wow is dying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silendeath View Post
    This is simple reason why so many people stopped playing, because 10 man and 25 man is the same difficulty and reward.
    There is no "one" reason for a loss or a gain of half a million subs Sherlock.
    Many things are making people come and go it's never one single change/addition.

Subs are now pre-Cata level that means that 500mil start/continue to play with the release of Cata and then left, you can't say that this 500mil is the same, they can be players from 2004 or players that played 2 months and left.

When you see a number you have only this, a number you can't say for sure what's the reason on why people left and if they will come back or not.

Either way it's summer,5months old expansion,5year old game i think 5% lost on their subs is nothing compared to what it should be, WoW need to lost a lot more to matter, they player base is vast and the expansion are keep on coming, the chicken still lays golden eggs
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-05-10 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Diablo 3........ :3

So subscribers are lost -> Blizzard decides to push content faster? Same shit like always...

TBH it shows through how Devs have been treating the expansion. 75% of the Q&A answers were "This is something we don't currently have planned, but would like to work on in the future". I among many WoW players are just tired of the course Blizzard has been taking so far, relying on carrot on a stick gimmicks to keep people paying for extended periods of time. A great example would be the concept of splitting 4.1 into two major content patches since troll dungeons were ready long before Firelands was finished, but spent weeks on PTR while many features were implemented and prolonged the PTR for around a month and a half.

tl;dr
    Though there certainly is a downtime going on, Blizzard's new game plan for Cataclysm hasn't been working as they hoped.

I would question whether 500k have cleared current content on normal or maybe even 3 bosses, so that is not where the main amount would come from, I imagine half would not even be 85.

lull? Isn't 4.2 suppose to be basically done? 4.1 content was suppose to be a piece of the bigger 4.2 Firelands. If they wanted to end a lull (or loll) they could have launched 4.2 sooner if players are consuming it faster than expected.

I think most could tell that by how the 4.1 patch went that 4.2 wasn't even close to being ready. With 4.1 introducing a whole new set of fail, in terms of bugs and game issues, I cringed at thinking of what a bigger 4.2 patch would have done to WoW.

Consuming the content too fast may have some truth, but I honestly think it's only a small part of the real reasons 600k people left. A few little things aren't a big deal, but as more and more little things pop up, and give reason to not play, it's only a matter of time before it's too much and people "need a break".

Blizzard not doing something about this lull means they don't have the people on the WoW team to get rid of it, especially when they have to consider the timing of the launching of all their expansions and new products. They could end a small lull now, or prevent a bigger subscription loss later when a new game comes out.

hehe, gotta love how people try to put their spin on the situation.

Edit: hehe, the 600k could have been from them banning all those folks running that archeology macro.

Most of the 600k lost is probably because of people getting so sick about PvP imbalances.
    One day it's frost mages,
    other day it's warriors,
    then frost dks,
    then pandas and frogs.

I really wonder with all that testing and PTR, how come they couldn't foresee frost dk burst 4.1?

There's more than heroics and PvE in the game.

I have to admit I wasn't surprised as wow losing so many subs. All those people that said Rift wouldn't make a dent were wrong. Patch 4.1 was a huge disappointment for raiders like me (in a semi casual guild) who have been working on HMs for a while. The addition of ZG and ZA gave us nothing really exciting, and a lot of the gear in there just gets disenchanted. Its a nice alt dungeon, altough now we have started raiding our alts too.

So with the fact that we have had no new major raid content in 5 months, and Rift is new and exciting to a lot of players, any wonder with the big drop in subs?
    Although it seems they only think Cataclysm has been out 4 months?? "The expansion had been out for close to four months, and most of its content had been consumed by a large percentage of the player base"

Oh ans D3 !!!! OMFG bring it on!
    Last edited by Vasz; 2011-05-10 at 07:11 AM.

So, prior to 4.1 we had a quickly removed off-the-hand comment that people had not progressed enough (and Firelands was shifted a few weeks further to a 4.2 patch). Then, we have "most of its content had been consumed by a large percentage of the player base" (in which case, you should probably push content faster, no?).

I don't think that's the base is consuming stuff faster. I think that it consumes less content - and simply stop there. Less and less are coming back to the game at each patch, and it's evident that Blizzard has accumulated pretty much all of the potential players for the WoW game genre; there's not many more left around.

Still, for an almost 7-year old game... it's in a pretty good shape.

Does the previous tier of raiding include SInestra?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's seems those 600K people left for exactly the same reasons as I don't like *insert personal bugbear*!

I am 100% certain of this!

lol

Deleted
    There are lots of problems with the game outside of raiding, which presents a pretty good tier compared to t10, t9, t7. There isn't just much else to do that feels valuable. There are a million achis and things implemented, but they're mostly pointless crap like "eat 91 cookies" and don't give any real rewards anyway. Also Blizz are still using the WotlK formula of enforced gear progression which seems to make everything but the latest patch redundant and I don't really know of many players who approve of this, casual or hardcore.

I've noticed people who have quit a few times in the past are still coming back to the game, but they're only lasting a few weeks before quitting again.

The firelands hub may offer a temporary solution to this but really their formula and philosophy needs to change.
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2011-05-10 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    Does the previous tier of raiding include SInestra?
    I hope so. That would be really nice return of resonable progression again.

There are several reasons why they lost 600k subscribers:

- 4.0 has been out since some time
    - Rift is still a new game, and people will start coming back ot Wow in a bit (4.2 maybe?)

So no worries for Wow just yet

Deleted
    The fanboyism in this thread... it.. it burns!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is simple reason why so many people stopped playing, because 10 man and 25 man is the same difficulty and reward. Its just easier to get 10 competent players to raid than it is to get 25. Sure all the hardcore guilds are still 25 but they never had a problem filling spots. All the middle of the game guilds have a handful of good players and this 10m raiding makes it easier for them to progress. All the players that are getting sat or just not progressing cause all that left is all the bads to group with are just quitting.

People are progressing through the content much faster now is cause they only need 10 good players and no one to hold them back.
    This is the most hilariously specific reason based on personal dissatisfaction for a loss of half a million players I've ever heard.

"Guys, it's obvious all those people quit because they made the troll flight form smaller. Open your eyes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol thats the 600,000 accounts they banned for botting archaeology.....

when a game has plateaued you dont go mass banning lululul

Deleted
    No Prob, after recyling the BC Content a lot more than 600k will stop playing.

Theres nothing special anymore, the major part, the casuals: mimimi we want everything that a hardcore raider can get.
    The Hardcore raider: for what should i spent a lot of "hard work" if i can get everything lot easier.

My optinion is that Warcraft reches the nearly end.
    A community of mimimis and their contraries and a ton of IDeas like. Hey that ols s..t is probably to recylce !

Sry but for me a Blizzard Fail !

Deleted
    This is simple reason why so many people stopped playing, because 10 man and 25 man is the same difficulty and reward. Its just easier to get 10 competent players to raid than it is to get 25. Sure all the hardcore guilds are still 25 but they never had a problem filling spots. All the middle of the game guilds have a handful of good players and this 10m raiding makes it easier for them to progress. All the players that are getting sat or just not progressing cause all that left is all the bads to group with are just quitting.

People are progressing through the content much faster now is cause they only need 10 good players and no one to hold them back.
    get your facts straight, yes there are more people raiding 10 man, however about 50 kills on sinestra compared to 160 25 man kills, so please do some research before you start moaning about difficulty. 10 man raids have from the beginning been overtuned and just now over the past month or two been "nerfed" and actually have become doable on 10 man.