Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Blademaster
    Agreed. I quit too, but im already considering going back. Not coz i enjoy the game, but because im addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondame View Post
    I'm proud to of been 1 of the subscribers who recently has left WoW. That being said, I'm also someone who had been playing since closed beta. The game has changed over the years, but unfortunately the game development team members have as well. Will WoW die? Doubtful. WoW could fall down to 400k subscribers.. and thats the number the estimated for "success" back when it released. So no, WoW will never die.

But WoW did die in my heart. Yeah I still like it, but its not the awesome thing to write home to mom about, much less to anyone else. The game has begun to lack over the years for me personally. Its roller coaster of easy vs hard content and debates. WOLK honestly was the turning point for me. Everyone talks about ho LK was easy... if thats your only complaint then you have serious problems.

LK lacked in the epicness that I wanted from killing one of the most famous and well known characters. But LK was a step up from the rest of the xpac. Going into Naxx in WOLK in crap gear and being able to full clear in the first week... thats just one of the many things that well... sucked.

The game also now quickly caters to people. Like take for instance the guild exp right now.... it's only been screwed with more then anything else lately. Up and down.. up and down. Now its just down for guild exp. What happened to hard work gets rewards? Sure for me.. cause my guild sucked (ONE on firetree) at cooperation. It was like a daily job. 120 million guild exp for me.. while the closest person had 60 million. Really was discouraging. But again.. rewarded for the work you put in.. IE: insane title. Though eventually with guild exp you would get the rewards.

Now its becoming to easy for that. People complain "tired of repeated" dailies. I miss the days when no dailies existed. But call me old fashioned. I just don't like giving free rides to people who put in little to no effort. I guess thats why WoW currency i so easy to get anymore..

Anyways... rambling. Waiting for D3, titan MMO, SWTOR, or even the next SC Expac. Many other half way decent, time consuming games out there. But when it comes to wow.. I just don't feel it anymore. The fire for it is gone. That and the customer service when you have an issue... well its pretty bad. That and when they do listen to forums or the consumer base.. its the less then 80 IQ they listen to.. not the actual player for has/had a passion for this game.

Agreed to the many statements that if WoW lost that many subs by March, then by now its probably doubled as to the problems as a whole of Cata for the gaming community. I am not about to flame more but just trying to be optimistic on a game that I gave so many years to could make a comeback. I guess in my mind even with my account cancelled, they have until D3 or possibly SWTOR to make it right and draw me back. For now Starcraft and piddly shooter games are tying up my interests.

If I could pick my happiest time playing wow it was when the ICC opened. So much to do in the game and it was fun. Since that time my guild split up and put a focus on 10mans for those that were left and it was like saying goodbye to friends in the game. I stopped raiding and fell into the 'casual' raider as my guild started focusing on Hardmodes. The thing that really ruined it for me was not only the heroics but the raids no longer being fun....and 10mans....bring back the 25 mans!

Funny how when the content of the game changes so goes the guilds in WoW.....

sp true

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    When you are at the point of quitting, you log in only to stare at your toon for 20 seconds and then log out.
    This is exactly what I found myself doing over the last couple of months- now I barely log in. I have 10 85s- one of each class- which I figured would give me new stuff to do even though i was doing the same content- even that's become boring. I was a hardcore raider before cata- haven't done any raiding since the relase. The raid model sucks. Even the hard core raid guilds on my server have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    Well what do they expect, everyone's beaten the current content,
    lol no. Few people are raiding, and of those that are, only a minority have cleared even normal mode raids.

Morhaime has to know the reason subs are declining so much is not because people blew through the content too quickly, although I'm sure they're also losing people whose guilds fall apart while working on HM raids.

I have to suspect the number of subs lost in the high value markets (NA, EU) is more than 600K, with China adding accounts so the total number doesn't look as bad. They'd have given the NA/EU numbers otherwise.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Being an old WoW player (started pre-TBC) I miss the old "systems" even if it meant hard work.

The idea of making WoW into game for casuals was a mistake. The daylie grinds, the achievement system feels like only a trick to keep people occupied in game, since everything time consuming such as travelling and spend hours in actually hard 5 man heroics is gone. I also feel the dungeon finder made it too easy to just jump into a group of people you never met, and you miss out on all those runs with friends. Besides, when in a random group, situations tends to become very nasty if someone in group is underperforming etc... It was very nice to put a group together yourself, made you many new friends outside guild to

Mounts were actually a treasure to get as with pets! Now the game is just flooded with them, and people are spending a lot of real money to get the 150 pets ach, wich I feel is demoralizing to.

Class homogenisation and boss mechanics being based on this is also boring. Took away a lot of flavor, and neither did it make "bring the player, not the class" very viable either.

Today, to spend a lot of time in game is wasted, it feels like there is nothing meaningful to do besides raids. It won't do you more good than to just log on, put yourself in a dungeon que. Boring, simply.

I also think that the change of making raids having 2 difficulties is not encouraging either. Why should everyone have the chance to kill all bosses? And for me, it takes away a lot of fun to first kill normal, then start over again on heroic, doing the same bosses for another 5 months or more. It was a lot more of an adventure seeing the top guilds kill bosses you could not reach, making you want it even more. Back then there were true legendary status on those good guilds

My personal oppinions, I respect and understand if you don't feel the same

I know the thought behind all this might have been good.. But ended up being un-exciting and a lot of times just simply boring.

This is for Blizzard: You have to get better at caring/communicating with the player base. I see so many frustrated players now, for example, in the Priest community about the complete lack of Spirit Cloth drop in Firelands raids, class mechanics, PvP, everything...

It's quite important to get feedback as a player, especially when this game is so much more than a game for many.
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2011-08-04 at 03:12 PM.

I remember the days of going into UBRS with a random group of people and it being fun trying to get the bosses to drop the items I wanted. Even if they were just blue items. Then there was Molten Core. I remember getting my first Tier 1 piece ... The Nightslayer helm. It was amazing! I remember the people from the server were freaking out because it was one of the first EPIC purple pieces seen in game. Today, epic gear isn't very special. It's just part of the game and can be attained with little to no effort.

Do you remember helping your buddy try to get High Warlord? (sorry Alliance, I was Horde). Do you remember doing group PvP for something OTHER than personal achievements? For fun? Battlegrounds today are but a glimpse of what it once was. Sure, class imbalance made it crazy, but it was still fun running around AB trying to get as much honor as possible! I remember a time when I was killed by equal or better skilled players, regardless of gear. Today, it's not like that. Roll the right class, slam your face on the keyboard with some resilience gear and win.

I miss Vanilla, I miss BC. I miss World of Warcraft. Until the game can get back to what made it so much fun then, I will spend my money and my free time doing other things and exploring other options. WoW is an amazing game with a wonderful story. But today, the game lacks in so many areas, it's just not fun to play anymore for me. The whole homogenization mindset has really hurt the game in its entirety. Hopefully someone will step in and take the reigns to take the game back to where it once was ... for me anyway.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 11:05 AM ----------

Do you remember being part of the AQ event? Do you remember how cool it was to see the gates open and go into AQ20 and AQ40? How about how accomplished you and your guild felt when you downed a boss in Naxx in Vanilla? Remember the world bosses and how fun they were? How much fun the dragons were to kill and/or grief the other faction when they tried to kill one of these world Dragons?

Better yet, how did you feel when you were sitting there at your computer waiting for midnight to come so you could play the Burning Crusade? Did you say "HOLY SHIT!" like I did when you first entered Outland? Or how special it was to kill Lady Vashj and/or Kael'Thas? Did you not feel what I felt when I entered the Black Temple for the first time? Wasn't that a good time?

I miss those days ladies and gentlemen ... I think that WoW has gone down a different path that makes it a much different game that it once was. A game that I just bring myself to play today. And that's sad, because I absolutely love the Warcraft story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alki View Post
    I remember the days of going into UBRS with a random group of people and it being fun trying to get the bosses to drop the items I wanted. Even if they were just blue items. Then there was Molten Core. I remember getting my first Tier 1 piece ... The Nightslayer helm. It was amazing! I remember the people from the server were freaking out because it was one of the first EPIC purple pieces seen in game. Today, epic gear isn't very special. It's just part of the game and can be attained with little to no effort.

Do you remember helping your buddy try to get High Warlord? (sorry Alliance, I was Horde). Do you remember doing group PvP for something OTHER than personal achievements? For fun? Battlegrounds today are but a glimpse of what it once was. Sure, class imbalance made it crazy, but it was still fun running around AB trying to get as much honor as possible! I remember a time when I was killed by equal or better skilled players, regardless of gear. Today, it's not like that. Roll the right class, slam your face on the keyboard with some resilience gear and win.

I miss Vanilla, I miss BC. I miss World of Warcraft. Until the game can get back to what made it so much fun then, I will spend my money and my free time doing other things and exploring other options. WoW is an amazing game with a wonderful story. But today, the game lacks in so many areas, it's just not fun to play anymore for me. The whole homogenization mindset has really hurt the game in its entirety. Hopefully someone will step in and take the reigns to take the game back to where it once was ... for me anyway.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 11:05 AM ----------

Do you remember being part of the AQ event? Do you remember how cool it was to see the gates open and go into AQ20 and AQ40? How about how accomplished you and your guild felt when you downed a boss in Naxx in Vanilla? Remember the world bosses and how fun they were? How much fun the dragons were to kill and/or grief the other faction when they tried to kill one of these world Dragons?

Better yet, how did you feel when you were sitting there at your computer waiting for midnight to come so you could play the Burning Crusade? Did you say "HOLY SHIT!" like I did when you first entered Outland? Or how special it was to kill Lady Vashj and/or Kael'Thas? Did you not feel what I felt when I entered the Black Temple for the first time? Wasn't that a good time?

I miss those days ladies and gentlemen ... I think that WoW has gone down a different path that makes it a much different game that it once was. A game that I just bring myself to play today. And that's sad, because I absolutely love the Warcraft story.
    Yeah, I remember all those days too, getting an epic piece of gear felt so good. The nostalgia is gone for me though. I think it was super cool at the time because it was really really new. Now all people want is welfare epics and someone to hold their hand through every raid. It's lame to see but that's really what wow has come to. In my opinion I just see all the old casual players moving on and the elitist pve players sticking it out till the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    That daily blink seemed like it was personal for the writer.
    I totally agree - lets not share this secret with the rest of them.. doh!

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Being an old WoW player (started pre-TBC) I miss the old "systems" even if it meant hard work.

The idea of making WoW into game for casuals was a mistake.
    Though there is a lot I'd like to debate with you over your post, I don't have the time at the moment to respond to all of it. However I would like to respond to this.

In you opinion the idea of making WoW into a game for casuals was a mistake. In my opinion it's been the greatest thing ever for the genre. It's opened up the market so much and has made so much more possible and expected out of new MMOs to the point where it's literally revolutionized the market.

If you don't like what WoW has become you have options in others games to go back to the traditional MMO play style. Meanwhile, providing the game to a whole new customer base is not a bad thing, just because you disagree with it doesn't mean they shouldn't have done it.

Now people play MMOs and are able to do what they want to do, not simply what was expected of them in an MMO. WoW has changed the genre forever, and for the better without question. You still have options if you like the traditional MMO design, while others have options if they don't. That's good for the game and genre, not bad.

It's ironic that your last statement is that Blizzard needs to listen to the customers. I'd say they have, and they've changed the market for the better because they have. Just because you disagree with what they've done and they don't listen to YOU doesn't mean the game is bad, it's just not designed for you.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-08-04 at 07:15 PM.

Lol

while the blizzard keep doing remakes of raids will continue to lose players ... we need new content and fights !!!!!! innovative!!

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Though there is a lot I'd like to debate with you over your post, I don't have the time at the moment to respond to all of it. However I would like to respond to this.

In you opinion the idea of making WoW into a game for casuals was a mistake. In my opinion it's been the greatest thing ever for the genre. It's opened up the market so much and has made so much more possible and expected out of new MMOs to the point where it's literally revolutionized the market.

If you don't like what WoW has become you have options in others games to go back to the traditional MMO play style. Meanwhile, providing the game to a whole new customer base is not a bad thing, just because you disagree with it doesn't mean they shouldn't have done it.

Now people play MMOs and are able to do what they want to do, not simply what was expected of them in an MMO. WoW has changed the genre forever, and for the better without question. You still have options if you like the traditional MMO design, while others have options if they don't. That's good for the game and genre, not bad.

It's ironic that your last statement is that Blizzard needs to listen to the customers. I'd say they have, and they've changed the market for the better because they have. Just because you disagree with what they've done and they don't listen to YOU doesn't mean the game is bad, it's just not designed for you.
    I wrote the "My personal oppinions, I respect and understand if you don't feel the same" for a reason. I know many do not agree, and I don't force you to or think you should.

Instead of racking down on what I experience, maybe you could write your OWN personal oppinions instead of getting annoyed/upset over what I feel