Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Chimaeron hc - Guardian Spirit

So, we had some troubles with guardian spirit on chim hc, for the fued. I threw it on the tank, get cooldown and then the tank died anyway without getting healed. It wasn't double attack, we had that sorted.

Am I missing something or am I just plain stupid or is it a known bug? I've search this forum about it and wasn't able to find anything, other than people had stategies where they used it for the same purpose.

We did 2 tries where it didn't work, even though I casted it and got it on CD. Ended up killing it without GS.

Log for all tries (can't link stuff since I normally don't post at all):
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t1ff42u3t3jxk8p6/details/29/?enc=bosses&boss=43296

According to the logs you only casted Guardian Spirit once, and that was during your kill.

You casted it on Colubrid and, as far as I can see it, not anywhere near his death.

So... how about getting your facts actually sorted?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorg View Post
    According to the logs you only casted Guardian Spirit once, and that was during your kill.

You casted it on Colubrid and, as far as I can see it, not anywhere near his death.

Why the attitude. You obviously looked through the logs, help the guy or can it..

Chances are you missed casting the Guardian Spirit, hence it obviously didn't go off. Do you have an addon tracking whether or not it was cast?
    I used to use NeedToKnow for stuff like that when I noticed I often globalcapped myself and didn't get the intended spell off

Since the boss can basically 2 hit kill you within a second during feud, of course you're going to want to cast it when a tank has a lot of health. You can't cast it in between the 2 practically instant hits from a double strike, which kill your feud tank if he's not at max hp.

Aaaanyway, there isn't really much of a need to cast the spell. What's much easier, seeing as you have alot of paladins, is to simply LoH your current feud tank just after every massacre which activates a feud, and have them use a single (big) cooldown right away. That's how we've been doing it. Pretty easy to keep the tank up. Just make sure he doesn't stack with the rest of your group, but stands far enough away to not be hit by the slime of the group instead. The chances of your feud tank getting hit by slime is virtally 0 that way, making it an incredibly easy phase to survive for him/her.
    Last edited by Auralan; 2011-05-08 at 01:15 AM. Reason: spelling >_>

Guardian spirit doesn't prevent death if the amount of damage is larger than the health pool of the person,whom you used your guardian spirit on.
    You laugh at me because I'm different,I laugh at you cause you're all the same.
    ╔╗╔╗╔╗╗╔╔╗
    ╠╝║║║╗║║╠
    ╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Guardian spirit doesn't prevent death if the amount of damage is larger than the health pool of the person,whom you used your guardian spirit on.
    This. Was changed to that in 4.0.3 if i recall correctly.

Guardian spirit is still a really good cooldown. Theres 2 very effective ways to use it on h-Chimaeron. One: If you know the next massacre is going to be a feud throw it on the feud tank BEFORE the massacre, it will heal him to 50% heath right when the feud starts and gives you a nice head start.

You can also use it after the feud to help top the tank off quickly, but it will not prevent death of such a massive hit
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2011-05-08 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    Sometimes the Guardian Spirit doesn't get cast even if you really did cast it. Happen to me a thousand of times on my priest. Trying to save somebody and boom, stuck with GS not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    Since the boss can basically 2 hit kill you within a second during feud, of course you're going to want to cast it when a tank has a lot of health. You can't cast it in between the 2 practically instant hits from a double strike, which kill your feud tank if he's not at max hp.
    Sure thing. Only Colubrid didn't die during Feud, he died during Phase 2 by a tick of the dot you get on heroic

Also, Guardian Spirit doesn't absorb more than 200% of the maximum health of the target. (Something about 400k on a decent geared tank).

And then there's always latency which easily explains why you got cooldown on the spell and the tank died anyway.
    You casted it, get cooldown - tank dies - server recognizes you cast GS.

Gotta hate lag, eh?

Anyway, all the more reason to not rely upon it during feud. Only time I see GS being used during our chimaeron hc kills, is right when the last phase starts. Not idea if that's the very best timing, but it has always worked for us.

Yeah, there's "lag" sometimes on the PoM trick as well, caused my group a lot of wipes. PoM registers as going off and healing for more than 10k, but tank still dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 11:28 AM ----------

I know I casted it more than once, but obviously the log didn't respond to it, this meaning maybe lag as others mentioned. And besides I posted this to hear if there was a problem with GS, not about my tries on hc chim.

But, ok so there was something I was missing, thx <3

And thx for the tips hikamiro.

-- Thread abandoned --
    Last edited by mmoc42adb6c7c3; 2011-05-08 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Ummm, GS always prevents deaths, but the actual amount healed after it proccs can't be higher than a % of the caster's health pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Ummm, GS always prevents deaths, but the actual amount healed after it proccs can't be higher than a % of the caster's health pool.
    Not that i am aware of (Although i dont play priest).
    I believe they changed it to 200% of the targets max health in 4.0.6, or 4.0.3 if i'm correct. Priests were abusing it especially on the Maloriak Heroic fight, with the tank just soaking the whole fire phase AOE with Guardian Spirit rotations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornx View Post
    Not that i am aware of (Although i dont play priest).
    I believe they changed it to 200% of the targets max health in 4.0.6, or 4.0.3 if i'm correct. Priests were abusing it especially on the Maloriak Heroic fight, with the tank just soaking the whole fire phase AOE with Guardian Spirit rotations.
    I can confirm this. The killing blow must be lower than 200% of the targets maximum health, otherwise it won't proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I can confirm this. The killing blow must be lower than 200% of the targets maximum health, otherwise it won't proc.
    Chimaeron can hit larger than 200% w/ Double attack on a tank w/ break. However if it wasnt the break tank and was idk half a global slow it probably went on you. GS is likely better for the kiting tank on nef than any use on chimaeron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Chimaeron can hit larger than 200% w/ Double attack on a tank w/ break. However if it wasnt the break tank and was idk half a global slow it probably went on you. GS is likely better for the kiting tank on nef than any use on chimaeron.
    Nah GS is fine for chimearon, Chimearon is not gonna hit for 350k+ unless you have like 4 break stacks or some shit, at which point you should ask yourself why you would have that. You pop guardian spirit on the tank when you enter feud, so you don't have to spam him up for the first hit or you spam him up and then use guardian spirit as an external cooldown for the double attack.

Wasn't it 100% of the target's health? 200% sounds way too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Wasn't it 100% of the target's health? 200% sounds way too high.
    200 seems about right, actually.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47788#comments:id=1325324

As of patch 4.0.6 (Cataclysm major bugfix patch) Guardian Spirit has been changed!
    Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
    That means if you have 100k HP and boss will hit you for 201k HP - You will DIE.
    This change breaks many boss tactics on heroic versions within the first raid content.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    Gotta hate lag, eh?

Anyway, all the more reason to not rely upon it during feud. Only time I see GS being used during our chimaeron hc kills, is right when the last phase starts. Not idea if that's the very best timing, but it has always worked for us.
    This is not half as painful as someone dying with a penance bolt 75% of the way to them. I've had my fair share of GS's get borked by lag, that's more than likely what happened.