Deleted

Looking for some info for arcane on Magmaw 25 man heroic mode

Yes, I recently went arcane, for the most part, and allthough Magmaw is one of those bosses where fire might have an advantage, even without parasite duties, due to double dotting and LB's exploding damage hitting both magmaw and constructs, I really want to try arcane this week.

I know we have some pro arcane mages here, and was hoping to get some pointers for this fight as arcane.

To begin with it would seem logical to me that burn phases should be lined up with exposed head phases as much as possible. I haven't however been able to figure out if there is any kind of consistency in regards to the head phases. Are they on a set timer happening every 45, 60 or 75 seconds or similar? Is it pretty much random when the next head phase occurs? What is the time in between the 1st and 2nd head phase etc.

All these things would be nice to know when planning the burn phases.

Prelimenary idea on burn phases:
    1. What i'm thinking is that when the fight starts you do a burn phase and get you mana back up afterwards and start your conserve phase.
    2. Once the first head phase arrives and the head is down you start a 2nd burn phase. Chances are that evocation won't be quite ready by the end of it, so once the head phase is over you continue with a mana conservation rotation at a low mana percentage until evocation comes off CD.
    3. Pretty much the same as 2. Do a burn phase on the head phase and use a non manadraining rotation after, until evocation is ready again.

But what does the mages of MMO Champion think about arcane on Magmaw heroic mode?

If you are not assigned to parasites, arcane is incredibly powerful on magmaw. Start the fight with a burn phase, and you will be ready to use cooldowns on the first headphase as well as each subsequent headphase. While I've yet to actually kill it (/wrist) my guild has had a plethora of very low % wipes and as arcane I am #1 on damage everytime unless I do something stupid and screw up