Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Galith View Post
    You can't exactly balance around people not using the tools they have effectively, hell, I've had frost dk's go "Rogues are so OP, they just stun me from 100% to 0" because they didn't know how to use lichborne. How can you possibly balance around that?
    part of the problem in casuals favor is all some people care about is Arena, which is NOT like PvP elsewhere. So when players complain about 1v1 lets say or even BG's with 3+ healer situation, it can be very valid, where as some serious Arena player only cares about his 3's comp. Neither is wrong or really noob, more than Arena players onlly focusing on Arena and assuming everyone else only cares about that too. Its a constant with WoW PvP talk, but i guess you could say the Blizztards balance around Arena 3's so thats what matters(altho i'd disagree since they are the Blizztards afterall).

Either way this happens often here. A lot of them think they know what they're talking about in every respect, but they really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Well do they? I see QQ from these rated players about 90% of the time on nonsense that isn't valid.

Discuss.
    Not according to Christina Agulaira.
    mmo-champion should contract with Kleenex and Tampax for advertising. This place is a gold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    Its a constant with WoW PvP talk, but i guess you could say the Blizztards balance around Arena 3's so thats what matters(altho i'd disagree since they are the Blizztards afterall).
    You're saying you disagree with Blizzard purely because they're Blizzard? Some nice rationality going on there. They have to choose something to balance around; they chose 3v3 and I'm sure you'll acknowledge the difficulty they have in even balancing that. To balance all classes for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 all the way up to 10v10 and then balancing for fools who think they should be able to do 1v2, 1v3 all with varying numbers of healers and levels of resilience and what not is impossible. But whatever, they're just Blizztards right!

Quote Originally Posted by Galith View Post
    You can't exactly balance around people not using the tools they have effectively, hell, I've had frost dk's go "Rogues are so OP, they just stun me from 100% to 0" because they didn't know how to use lichborne. How can you possibly balance around that?
    lichborne stuns wat

You can't balance around terribles (aka anyone below 2200) because then it makes the balance outrageous for people that don't click.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    You're saying you disagree with Blizzard purely because they're Blizzard? Some nice rationality going on there. They have to choose something to balance around; they chose 3v3 and I'm sure you'll acknowledge the difficulty they have in even balancing that. To balance all classes for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 all the way up to 10v10 and then balancing for fools who think they should be able to do 1v2, 1v3 all with varying numbers of healers and levels of resilience and what not is impossible. But whatever, they're just Blizztards right!
    no i'm talking about the fact that 3v3 balance onlly balances 3's matrix's and not PvP anywhere else. i've already explained this, since nowhere else are you really running into 3's comps where they're attached to each other like in Arena in a practically fixed way, which is based on a road towards representation towards rewards for each class. That and a lot of other reasons are why they're the 'Blizztards' to me....most partial and retarded Dev's i've ever had to play a game under.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-10 at 05:39 PM.

arena is based around its higher rated comps and teams. while mages seem op to players at 1500 rating because they have a healer that cant dispel for his life at 2500 they are pretty balanced. arena s balanced around people who are good at it

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP in this game isn't hard.... why does it matter? All you have to do is know how the people your against play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vyrse View Post
    arena is based around its higher rated comps and teams. while mages seem op to players at 1500 rating because they have a healer that cant dispel for his life at 2500 they are pretty balanced. arena s balanced around people who are good at it
    Going to quote myself. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    RMP is, as always, strong (friends' of mine at 3050 without exploiting the MMR "bug"), but there are so many other solid comps for a mage right now - MLS (my team, for example, but I think there's higher, just can't be bothered looking), MP3 (bad win/loss on this one, but point still stands. They could've remade the team and gotten that far with much better if they wanted to), Warrior/mage/priest, warrior/mage/paladin (too little time to find exemples of this but I have played with people who have played both those comps to 2900+ this season), WMD, MLD, hell, even MLP works, and RMPaladin.

What I'm trying to say is... Well, name me a class/spec who has more to choose from at these ratings. Not even the ridiculously overpowered resto shamans have this much to chose from, honestly. Just trying to show people that the "lol shit players complain about mages lol ur 2k complain about mage mate they fine them mages aren't OP lol at high ratings you counter mage np nub scrub" comments are nothing but wrong (this is aimed at everyone who has said this kind of shit in this section, not specifically you).
    All that talk about "lol high rated counter fmage so easy they suck at high rate" is getting too pathetic and sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Greivence View Post
    PvP in this game isn't hard.... why does it matter? All you have to do is know how the people your against play
    Defender of a Shattered World.

Deleted
    It depends what they complain about.

When it comes to individual class balance debates, low rated players often lack the proper understanding and insight to make valid points. They might not realize how certain effects can be countered or don't use their whole tool-set available to them.

On the other hand, you don't need to be 2500+ to notice that Resto-Shamans are overpowered or that dispels at this point just seem like a broken mechanic. You don't need to be 2500+ to claim Frost-Mages have too much CC or that Warriors deal a a lot of damage.

Just be careful when demanding nerfs, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol sorry, i don't pvp on my DK, i use my rogue xD wasn't a dis, just me being me, but in all honesty I've never really had much issue with arena, highest i've been is 2.1k though. All that it required was knowing how the other classes play, to answer your question no i don't think they have a representative!
    THAT MEANS you should buy frap's and become THE REP OF THE NORMAL PEOPLE! DO IT!

Deleted
    Shouldn't really talk about how hard PvP is if the highest you've been is 2.1k. Of course it's not hard at that point, there's people playing at one THOUSAND rating higher than you have, not trying to make you sit the fuck down or anything nor trying to start a PvE is easy PvP is hard discussion, they never go anywhere and I can't be bothered, but honestly, why make such a bold statement when your experience is next to null? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    How much of the playerbase has played over 2.1k? How much has played at 3k? Just because it happens doesn't make a valid argument, extremes that are rare as fuck shouldn't be considered when your talking about 1550-1800s having a voice. Also, the fact is there is a "skill" limit to every class, outside of crit RNG, knowing how your opponents play and how to counter it is all you can do in arena, so just because some people get to freakishly high rating doesn't mean that they do anything else, as there is nothign else to do D:

ALSO figure i should sayt his since it's probably going to piss that guy off thats instigated this grammatically horrendous post D: i don't do arena anymore :P I went 42-0 as PMR and quit xD

How much of the playerbase has played over 2.1k? How much has played at 3k? Just because it happens doesn't make a valid argument, extremes that are rare as fuck shouldn't be considered when your talking about 1550-1800s having a voice. Also, the fact is there is a "skill" limit to every class, outside of crit RNG, knowing how your opponents play and how to counter it is all you can do in arena, so just because some people get to freakishly high rating doesn't mean that they do anything else, as there is nothign else to do D:

ALSO figure i should sayt his since it's probably going to piss that guy off thats instigated this grammatically horrendous post D: i don't do arena anymore :P I went 42-0 as PMR and quit xD
    I really doubt that at 2100 the skill cap is something you should be worried about.

I went 42-0 as PMR and quit xD
    And thats due to MMR

I dont think lowrated should have anything to say, because either way if you're facing a better team you ARE going to lose. However in the higher ratings class mechanisms actually have something to say, so thats where it should matter

Quote Originally Posted by nyhcjedi View Post
    Not only am I full vicious but I am a keyboard turning clicker at 900 team rating!!!!! GO ME
    This should be the topic of choice here. Why should noobs who can't even pass the 1000 rating mark be able to acquire full vicious? I personally find that hilarious. They should go back to how it was in s3, placing ATLEAST 1500ish ratings on the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a strange thing to say. There are literally hundreds of abilities and mechanics to learn. It can be pretty steep for a new player. I mean, if PvP isn't challenging in WoW then PvP isn't hard in any game.