Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    as u said very few players will get it. Legendaries go to such a minimal amount of the players that having that huge boost from its proc is fine, if it were just a normal drop so all the casters had it then yeah thats BS but because it takes months to get it for 1 person in your guild and only about 500-1000 guilds across all the guilds out there will be able to complete it during the time its current and most effective. so the amount of times u will encounter someone with the legendary will be very minimal, and when u do just appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noctus View Post
    You my friend, aren't the raiding community. You are PART of it, a SINGLE voice among Millions.
    From what I understand, the majority of us want a legendary.
    It's something to aspire to. Something to shoot for. People want to see these super powerful, super rare items ingame, even if they know they'll never get them. It's like a pipe dream.

Also, it's technically available to anyone who can use it. It's a reward, essentially, for skill and effort.
    The average player won't be able to obtain it, no, but thats not just because they aren't 'good enough' but because they don't have the ambition or backing to go through the process of making it.

And honestly, the fact that it's so hard to get will likely prevent most people from ever even seeing it, thus preventing them from being affected by this apparent "Imbalance". Casters that don't have it won't be at a disadvantage, the casters that DO have it, will only have a slight advantage.
    Skill > Gear, yes?
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance may be intended, but it's unachievable in a game with this many variables, or in any MMO for that matter.

Legendaries will always be a variable that you'll have to overcome, along with strange buffs-nerfs, skillcaps etc.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

So your argument is:

"I don't want my raid to benefit because I can't flex my epeen by causing PERSONAL rankings"

Yes. Unfair Playing Field. In which the entire raid team benefits.
    No my argument is that when you have 2 equally good players, 1 player shouldn't be significantly "better" because he has an item the other player can't get.

Also, just putting it out there, my guild is ranked 9792 in the world and we made three shadowmournes for our members when it was current content. You dont have to be in the top 500 you just have to be part of a guild dedicated to raiding. Like pvp guilds get their rewards, and casuals get their rewards (i.e. letting you even obtain raid gear despite not raiding, and the numerous other inclusions in this game just to cater for the casual demographic), so should raiders get their rewards. Legendaries are OUR reward for our dedication to raiding and the hours of effort every guild member puts in to forming a capable raiding team.

It has never been a huge disadvantage for a class NOT to have a legendary. And tbh when it comes to pvp if you don't know how to pvp in the first place, legendary or not, gluck climbing the arena ladder.

As far as pve goes, as previously stated, anybody in a raid knows that its a team effort. If we have an increase to our raid dps because of a legendary then we are ALL benefiting!

... um YES that player is better than the other player because he and his guild did the hard yards to make them that way.

They are 100% talking about 12/12 norm btw which is exactly where most guilds dedicated to raiding are at, or have well passed, as of this moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    I don't think the raiding community even wants these items
    Base your argument on facts, not thoughts!
    [/url]

I don't think the raiding community even wants these items because of the uneven playing field they create, so I'm curious as to why Blizzard keeps making them.
    You'd be wrong. You're also the first person I've ever seen that doesn't want legendaries.
    There isn't anything "unfair" about it at all.
    You're whole post is just confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No my argument is that when you have 2 equally good players, 1 player shouldn't be significantly "better" because he has an item the other player can't get.
    And how did this person get this item? By pouring effort into hours of gameplay, along with the rest of his raid, to give him AND the raid a significant advantage. Raiding isn't about you being better than everyone else, it's about mass-success.

Legendaries add to this.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 10:05 AM ----------

I think you're just mad that you won't be able to utilize this legendary. What else could be your motive for wanting them gone, because there's no evidence in this post that shows why YOU don't want them.

And yes, you're alone in wanting them gone.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by HMonster View Post
    From what they've said only people who are 13/13 HMs will be able to even start the quest for it, so for the vast majority of us its a pointless addition to the game.

I couldnt care less about it tbh, as i know ill never see it, nor will anyone i know
    its 12/12 Normal. The quest itself also "only" require you to get stuff like Ragnaros's Heart from Normal Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Base your argument on facts, not thoughts!
    This is what you might call an "opinion piece", not a scientific article. You don't write your news paper editor about removing all opinion from his editorials right?

/facepalm
    Lets have exactly the same gears that you and look the same be the same etc..
    btw newsflash , some players are better , some suck , some will get legendaries and mounts some will still do 5 man normals for 1 year.
    Lets make everything facerolable so everyone can have same thing.
    The thing that i understood from your post is that you are terrible in the guild you play and you will never get the legendary ?
    Or whats your point ?
    People should get over this , who plays more and better will have more and way better items than the players that do only 5 mans and dont have a proper guild.
    Shit happens , go play farmville , i heard 60 mil players play it.
    hf
    Later Edit: Ye it is an opinion , but its a stupid one , you want to be equal with everyone. What you said translated into irl would be like "Well its pretty shit that i dont have Bill Gates`s money even tho your not working and not even have a degree in something." seems logical to you ? Not to me.

Deleted
    But the only true lurking evil is Sinestra, no?!
    I hope for a 12/12 requirement, or none at all (isn't the questline supposed to be hard enough?). Just add a step like Vala'nyr to kill a boss on semi-hardmode so that not every raider in the world can get one. And it probably won't be THAT much better than hardmode gear.

Also, Valanyr was still good for LK heroic for infests with the extra absorb bubble. Thunderfury still did good in TBC (our MT used it on some in Karazhan ). The rest was all pretty much 'meh' the next tier, and I'm guessing the same will happen with this staff.

i like having the legendarys in game i just wish blizzard would se sense and ban the item from arenas

With every legandary included in the game so far as a guild we have enjoy the progression needed to gather or quests / materials needed. Sure it gives the selected person a slight edge up to others but it is still something as a guild we put pride in striving to complete. That edge up to others in the same role though comes back to help the raid as a whole and thus the guild. Helping each other in reaching goals is one of the enjoyable parts of being in a guild after all or hopefully is for people.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you might call an "opinion piece"
    Oh, okay.

We all oppose your opinion.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're equally good, a legendary doesn't make him the better player. They ARE equally good, as you said. The one who gets the legendary by vote/roll/council decision will pull higher dps numbers than the other one. But still, it doesn't make him better. And competent raid leaders know that difference.

Getting a legendary is about making the raid stronger, not a single person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    . Just add a step like Vala'nyr to kill a boss on semi-hardmode so that not every raider in the world can get one. And it probably won't be THAT much better than hardmode gear.
    Is this why there were so many Shadowmournes? I don't recall having to kill LK on Heroic for the weapon...
    [/url]

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the raiding community even wants these items because of the uneven playing field they create, so I'm curious as to why Blizzard keeps making them.
    We sure do want it and many more.

See I can speak for the community as well, though I'll closer to being correct then you :P

Oh and something that i forgot to say.
    Doing more dmg than someone wont make you a better player than someone else. A good raid leader / guild master will always go for the one who never fails , learns fast , contributes with strats for bosses and so on.
    In my guild we had a WArlock that always was doing good dmg but bad player overall , not so fast learner , staying in fire , random fails etc.

If this legendary is more than just a vanity item, every caster that doesn't have one will be at a severe disadvantage ...
    A disadvantage to what ? Bragging about your dps ?

and I think that in a raiding environment that is so much down to individual skill
    Youre talking about some random FPS I think, not an MMO. The only real individual skill that matters is your social skill. The rest of the skills required in pve are on the same level as walking a mile in 20min. (fairly easy, yet many have troubles with it)

This post is so stupid I just hope you are trying to troll.