Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    aion.. again asian looking visuals blahh

Korean MMO's are way too grindy to look forward to imo

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    No, he was giving one of the reasons that Blizzard apparently gave (I don't remember reading it but I haven't bothered to check on what their stance is on player housing recently) for not allowing player housing. You can "build" a house in an instanced zone and have player interaction in that small instanced area (or heck, you can have instanced towns for guilds or friends ect. and have town raids if you want). You aren't required to put the houses in the persistent in game world. It's still beyond me why Blizzard hasn't put features like that in WoW. Honestly, for how much money they make they skimp on the features. Granted though, they are implementing things to appeal to the broadest possible base, and player housing, while popular, is something most players (many of the casuals) just don't care about.
    Blizzard has been reluctant to do anything that isn't more of the same. In fact thats one of the biggest problems with WoW today. Almost everything has been recycled over and over again in different ways, where the variety of gameplay is awful. Its funny how people attempt to blame the players for lack of interest, when they haven't really developed anything 'new' to their gameplay variety. I have so many criticisms of WoW's design Developer its amazing how complacent they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    Korean MMO's are way too grindy to look forward to imo[COLOR="red"].
    For the most part, yeah. Granted I haven't checked to see if it's F2P or not (I think it is since the first one is), but as long as it has a TON of stuff to do (it looks like it does), the grind won't be as bad as in other games, so it might actually be enjoyable. If not, oh well, another game with potential that turned into a grindfest.

ArcheAge is probably going to be great, though I hate that they went for instanced PvE in a sandbox.

Also People don't want another wow They Want something new, Which is why Guild Wars 2 is the Next best mmo.
    How about reading the thread you are posting in before posting? ArcheAge is going to be almost as far from WoW as it can get.

I saw Korean in the first line. I no longer care about it.

I don't care how 'westernized' or how many 'ties in the US' it has... It's still Korean, it'll still be crappy, and if US/EU games can't even release with an endgame when we're the ones that made the definition in the first place, I highly doubt a Korean game will manage to pull it off, if even try at all. World bosses on farm by bots are so fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddis View Post
    When you play archeage you feel like you're plaing wow, but with great graphics and other universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    How about reading the thread you are posting in before posting? ArcheAge is going to be almost as far from WoW as it can get.
    I think the same goes to you

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I think the same goes to you
    He's wrong. (Or at least using the wrong words explaining what he thinks.)
    The QUESTING feels like generic shit WoW questing, but the game isn't like WoW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by halendor View Post
    Don't get me wrong but eighter you have a bad config or this game isn't looking THAT great at all
    From your description I can imagine this being a Lineage clone (especially combatwise and character-build-wise), with some juicy sounding mechanics too lure potential players from banners on popular sites.

And about that housing, do you know Blizzard originally wanted to implent that to WoW? One of the reasons why it wasn't implented however, was that sooner or later whole world would turn into one big city. It's not possible to stop players from no-lifing sadly, especially when the game is good.
    EQ2's housing and guild hall system works perfectly fine, the same solution would work just fine in WoW as well.

The QUESTING feels like generic shit WoW questing, but the game isn't like WoW at all.
    Well id pin it on wording then since it seems English isnt the op's first language

15+ Year Old Account
    Any info on how to sign up for the Closed Beta ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Any info on how to sign up for the Closed Beta ?
    They've only just started testing in Korea.

It looks like a game with great potential but there's not nearly enough known yet to say if it's going to be a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Origano View Post
    Bah, seems to be just another ordinary MMORPG with a few freedom elements. Wouldn't call that good too, because you described it as "don't like somebody? Kill him/her and burn his lands down!". That kind of freedom leads to huge amounts of griefing.

Why nobody wants to try something real extraordinary? A mmo-world size of 1/2 of earth! Leveling certain skills up would be automated just like in EvE online. Killing somebody would cause the police to track you down instantly: couldn't show your face anywhere near the citites. Countries could declare wars on each other. You could buy land in the middle of nowhere and make your character build a house - automated process too after the planning process.

Long sails could take weeks! During that time you could only hang on the ship so moving from continent to continent would really be a big decision! Man, that would be life!

Sorry, that went loads off-topic. But why make a MMO that can't be run smoothly on most computers? Can never be succesfull.

People familiar with Ultima know what free pvp caused. Ugh.
    sounds a lot like minecraft

EQ2's housing and guild hall system works perfectly fine, the same solution would work just fine in WoW as well.
    UOs housing was the best. i don't give a shit what anyone says about clutter/lag it added to the gameplay/world in SOOOO many ways people just don't know. the instanced housing are such 3rd rate versions of UO's. I think its funny they called people into MMORPG housing 'no lifers', when it can add so much more to the game in ways people are so short-sighted about. Like territory for world pvp, hangouts, customization which also adds to reward pools, etc.

I swear all of the idiots that think WoW is fine as a Raid, 5man, BG, or Arena instanced only game are extremely clueless. Its just ridiculous to me how some gamers WANT pigeon-holed styles of gameplay, and argue against variety. just unbelievable there are people that ignorant but i swear they're part of the rts/fps Blizzard fan base that i guess doesn't know any better. guess they're happy staring at the mailbox in Org waiting for ques to pop...sad.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-10 at 09:57 PM.