frost mage questions

when i got someone rooted in place do i wanna use frostbolt followed by an icelance? I see other mages doing this alot but doesnt only one of them get the shatter damage ? When i got someone in a deepfreeze do i spam frostbolt or icelance?

It requires a good internet with very low latency. Ice lance is quicker than frostbolt "the time it takes from your hands to hit the target" so its possible to get 2 attacks in as frozen (if they hit the same time)

Dragon Soul 4/8 Heroic <Strife> Hellscream EU! ->Armory<-
    Proud owner of Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest!

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, when casting spells, the game checks both at the start of the cast and the moment the spell leaves your hand as to whether or not the target is frozen to apply the Shatter bonus. Thus, launching an Ice Lance at the end of your FrB cast nets both spells the benefit since instant cast spells function differently and check for bonuses upon hitting their target. So, with the mechanics in place...yes, you should be setting up Shatter combos.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Actually, when casting spells, the game checks both at the start of the cast and the moment the spell leaves your hand as to whether or not the target is frozen to apply the Shatter bonus. Thus, launching an Ice Lance at the end of your FrB cast nets both spells the benefit since instant cast spells function differently and check for bonuses upon hitting their target. So, with the mechanics in place...yes, you should be setting up Shatter combos.
    Pro :P =D ^^,
    ''Argh, I would have OBLITERATED all of those 1v1!''

ok then so i would be doing the same when someone in deepfreeze then?