Epic Gems X-Mutes in 4.2

I'm going to take a guess here that they'll be using the same model as Wrath, with 1 gem and 1 volatile or simply 3 gems.

The one thing I'm worried about is cooldown.

Obviously I hope there isn't one, as I have 2 bank tabs full of blue gems.

What's everyone else's outlook on this idea?

Deleted
    Epic gem transmutes always had a cooldown and will probably share the "better stuff" transmute CD alongside truegold and living elements.

I don't believe that epic gem transmutes will come that easily as nothing else than flooding the market with them.

That really sucks for me I guess, so I'll probably start cutting and selling ASAP.

Deleted
    Hmm, are you sure about being on 4.2?

Well like I said, I'm going to assume the Wrath Model, where epic gems were released with the second tier of raid content, Ulduar.

Deleted
    I think it was the 3rd, ToC.

Deleted
    No epic gems are announced for 4.2 btw.

In wrath epic gems were introduced in ToC, however you had a shot of a random +20 epic gem from the fishing daily goodie bag added in 3.1, that was it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    No epic gems are announced for 4.2 btw.

In wrath epic gems were introduced in ToC, however you had a shot of a random +20 epic gem from the fishing daily goodie bag added in 3.1, that was it though.
    Source for this announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimura View Post
    Source of an announcement which didn't happen?

OT: The only epic gems currently available are from fishing dailies, and they're unique equip. Also there won't be epic gems in 4.2

Epic gems were released in ToC. Epic gems did exist before that from the fishing bag, that was it though. 4.2 Has never released any Epic gem announcement and will follow the pattern of WotLk most likely and release it in the third tier.

i agree that there will be no new gems in patch usually they release the gems along with the gear or even befor the gear just like in the toc addition whitch the gems were released by the data mine at the same time as the new tier

Epic gems were third teir in TBC and Third in WOTLK, i guess they will be third now?

He meant it as "No epic gems are [..]" not "No, epic gems are [..]".
    Easy to misunderstand though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Well like I said, I'm going to assume the Wrath Model, where epic gems were released with the second tier of raid content, Ulduar.
    No, it was ToC when epic gems came out. Silly Wrath babies, epic gems came out way later in BC then they did in Wrath so don't assume Blizzard will bring them out with the next raid tier seeing as how a repeat model would be 4.3 or 4.4 depending on how many raids are put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want him/her to cite a source for a lack of an announcement? The source is every post everywhere which makes no mention of this.

But as others have said, epic gems (as JC cuts) were introduced in the third tier in Wrath, not the second, so it's likely that the Cata versions will be in 4.3. Maybe they'll add some rare (fishable?) epic-level gems out of lava pools in the Firelands or something, who knows? But if they do they'll likely be Unique-Equipped like the Stormjewels were.

at this point, SOMETHING would have been datamined to show an epic gem. no way they'll be in 4.2, they just arent playing it that close to the chest for something insignificant like gems... theyve told us about the rest of the new profession stuff...

Your forgetting. As far as epic gems go 4.2 is 4.1.