Deleted

Question which PSU and CPU cooler?

The PSU: "Corsair TX750W Power Supply" or "TP-650 650W"?

CPU cooler: "Thermaltake Frio" or " The cooler master hyper 212"

or any other suggestions?

build: (going to overclock it)

case: Antec 300 Behuizing
    PSU (supply): ?
    motherboard: ASUS P67 Motherboards - P8P67
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, 3.30 GHz)
    CPU cooler: ?
    RAM: 8192MB DDR3/1333 Corsair XMS CL9 KIT
    Optical: Sony Optiarc AD5260s 24x SATA
    HHD: 1,0TB WesternDigital WD10EALX 32/SATA3
    graphic: nVidia Asus GTX570 DCII 2x DVI/HDMI/GDDR5 1280MB

The TX750 PSU hands down, especially with that power hungry GTX570 running your graphics. As far as CPU cooler goes, neither will comfortably fit in the Antec 300. They'll fit, but you won't have any room for a side fan and could, in fact, impede airflow. I believe you have another thread asking about something similar and I pointed you to the Cooler Master HAF 922 for a better option, and I still think you should take that or something similar in size.

Edit: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, hands down. Performs on the level of the Frio for much less of a price tag.

Deleted
    hmm yes, maybe true but that will add another € 100 to my pc bill

Deleted
    If I may suggest another cooler (both of your choices aren't too bad, the first one is a little loud but has nice throughput), Noctua coolers are never a bad choice.

Deleted
    750w, and even 650w are way overkill if you are not planning on SLI/Crossfire
    the antec truepower new 550w should be enough (including overclocking) , or the seasonic x-560

Quote Originally Posted by lorx View Post
    750w, and even 650w are way overkill if you are not planning on SLI/Crossfire
    the antec truepower new 550w should be enough (including overclocking) , or the seasonic x-560
    I'd go with the TruePower New 550W just to save money for a better case. The Antec 300 is tiiiiiiiiiny on the inside, fitting a modern GPU and CPU cooler in one is a test of will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    If I may suggest another cooler (both of your choices aren't too bad, the first one is a little loud but has nice throughput), Noctua coolers are never a bad choice.
    Noctua CPU coolers are indeed amazing, but if the OP goes with a well-performing Hyper 212 Plus, he can get rid of that tiny cage and let his components breathe.

Can we get a Moderator to merge this thread with the OP's other thread?
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-05-10 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post

Noctua CPU coolers are indeed amazing, but if the OP goes with a well-performing Hyper 212 Plus, he can get rid of that tiny cage and let his components breathe.
    What exactly am I missing that the hyper 212 plus has that the others don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    What exactly am I missing that the hyper 212 plus has that the others don't?
    The fact that it's a $30 CPU cooler that performs on the level of a $50-60 CPU cooler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    The fact that it's a $30 CPU cooler that performs on the level of a $50-60 CPU cooler.
    I was more curious about the "his components can breathe" part

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I was more curious about the "his components can breathe" part
    Oh, the Antec 300 is a tiiiiiiny case, it takes a lot of work to cram in things like a modern GPU and if an after-market CPU cooler is installed, there will be very little room left. That's compounded by the fact that the Antec 300 only comes with a rear exhaust fan. Buying a bigger, better case will equal the cost of getting an Antec 300 and outfitting it with enough fans for proper airflow while providing more breathing room for the components.

P.S. I didn't bother telling him about the bats...

10+ Year Old Account
    HAF912 is basically a budget case but it's BIG from the inside, almost as big as a HAF922. Capable of easily handling any air cooler and GPU's up to 11.5" (if you remove the extra HDD bay ;P)
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze