Thread: Legendary

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Everything on PTR is final guys. That's why I'm so excited this legendary is BoE. Can't wait to sell that bad boy on AH.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Grease View Post
    Everything on PTR is final guys. That's why I'm so excited this legendary is BoE. Can't wait to sell that bad boy on AH.
    Oh and this...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Outside of slightly better stats it doesn't have any uniqueness to separate itself from other weapons to make it legendary. It's a downer.

If it was a legendary for my raid class (hunter) I would expect something cool to at least proc, or changing the animations of my abilities (frost bolts that look like blue welps, for example.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ooldoong View Post
    Outside of slightly better stats it doesn't have any uniqueness to separate itself from other weapons to make it legendary. It's a downer.

If it was a legendary for my raid class (hunter) I would expect something cool to at least proc, or changing the animations of my abilities (frost bolts that look like blue welps, for example.).
    It's not finished...

It's datamined from the ptr...

...it was said it was going to have a proc....

Deleted
    I'm wondering where the other version is? I thought it was suposed to have 4 stages.

Looking at the icons assigned to them, the 1st one (Branch of Nordrassil) appears to be stage 2.

The only spec that values crit over haste and mastery is Fire, and top-end mages have been playing Arcane on most fights (Cho'gall being one exception) because it scales better than Fire right now.

Not sure why they would want to make the best weapon in game have the least-valued stat, unless they figure they can't please everybody and would rather upset everyone except Fire mages than just certain specs.

EDIT: I realize this is all datamined stuff from the PTR and none of it is final, but it does show us some of their thought process when designing this stuff. Besides, what else is there to do before the next patch?
    Last edited by whysperr; 2011-05-10 at 07:32 PM.

I'm going to guess that there are only 3 legitimate iterations of the staff, despite there being 4 "stages". It doesn't really make sense for there to be 4 different ilvl versions of the staff since normal mode firelands loot will be 377, heroic will be 391, and the legendary appears to be 404. Unless the first version of the staff is going to be 377 as well as the second stage, or it is an even lower ilvl, my guess is that it is just going to be a grey or white weapon to belie its significance. That's my take on the matter, and it could (read: probably) be wrong, but I wouldn't worry over there not being 4 epic datamined staves.

As far as the stats go, yes, haste would be preferred by every single caster spec except fire mages (and even then haste comes out ahead in some sims), but you seem to be forgetting that this staff is a whole tier ahead of the next best piece of gear. And once Blizzard determines what type of proc they're going to slap on it, its place as bis for all casters will be secure. I don't like the fact that they chose crit over haste, but this staff is going to be unbelievable no matter the secondary stats and of course there's still time for Blizz to change their minds on the stats (ex: lich king loot changes after release) anyways. I just hope Blizz comes around to the idea that haste is not any caster spec's bottom stat, whereas crit is for quite a few.

Deleted
    I would be fine with it having mastery, such a pity they choose crit (for now).

Deleted
    So you couldn't get it over your guild's top mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is totally a hunter weapon, that is why it has crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I most lolled at the iLvl of the legendary "404" ..
    And WTB Proc(Nibelung-style anyone)
    please god no not another nooblung that was terrible for 2/3 of the casters but every noob swore wad godly cause it made adds.
    I would have hoped for hit/mastery since once boomkins have 4 set t12 mastery will probily be #1 stat as long as you stay over 2k haste assuming the MF/IS causing energy was reverted to only lunar shower like it looks.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2011-05-10 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the damn front page, read the recent Blue posts until you find one talking about the staff.

It's not finished, it's not BoE, and the proc turns you into a member of the Blue Dragonflight, probably increasing your combat ratings while shapeshifted.

Are you people so dense that you can't check the easiest of places for information?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    I am SHOCKED that they chose Crit
    Its like warriors having haste on almost all their tier gear and holy paladins having mastery on 4 of their tier pieces.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Originally Posted by Lylirra (Source)
    Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest does have a proc, but the information hasn't been included in the PTR data files yet (which means there's nothing to datamine right now).

We did, however, hint at what the proc will be in our 4.2 preview: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2685003

The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight.

Also, please keep in mind that some items on the PTR are still considered "works-in-progress," so certain aspects of their design -- including stats, on-use abilities, and appearance -- may change before the next patch goes live.

Oh! And just to clarify (since I saw this asked in another thread), Dragonwrath will not be BoE.
    hmm dbl starsurge :O

Wouldnt you as moonkins be a little concerned by the fact it transforms you? Druids have had issues with transformations in the past no? i.e. not transforming at all or not returning back into moonkin form. I atleast hope at some point during the PTR the transformation can be tested.

Like said before, don't judge anything yet, it's not even live on the PTR's yet. Blizzard made the reforge tool for a reason, crit can be washed away easily, and hit will just be the same as Spirit, but without the mana-regen (Not a big + anyways). Even WITH the +Crit chance on the staff it WILL be a BiS for us boomkins anyways.

Im not hugely into lore so there may be a reason why the new legendary will only be viable for casters, but why has blizz not made an iteration like atiesh in naxx40 that feral druids can use and to an extent, hunters. Ferals especially (this being a druid sub forum) haven't had a legendary since atiesh.

Well blue dragonflight is the magic dragon aspect, remeber their dead leader Malygos?

Crit not the best stat for us but i gues there is reforge and the insane amount of SP and proc will make that up to us. Any way there is this im woried about "Only those who have emerged triumphant against the evils lurking within Blackwing Descent, The Bastion of Twilight, and the Throne of the Four Winds will be eligible to begin the legendary quest." Does that mean Normal kills or Heroic? My guild is only at 7/13 hc and probably wont down every thing till firelands...
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

I would imagine it would be normal kills. If this was vanilla then id say hc kills as back then legenfary items really were legendary and only about 5% of the player base ever got them, if that. Whereas in Cata, id imagine it will be similar to shadowmourne, whereby you just needed normal mode kills albeit at 25man but blizz has changed around raiding loot tables.

15+ Year Old Account
    the hit rating is there to make sure noone would onsider using it while healing,
    the crit is an universal stats. mastery always good for everyone
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE