LF Kgpanels background....or someone to make one

Hello,

I am looking for a Kgpanels background that would be similar to this image:

http://cslr.cc/w/sxe//Background%20Black.jpg

What I am looking for most of all is the gradient grey color affect where you have the dark outer edges and it lightens up spherically as you move towards the center.

If anyone knows of a background I could use, that would be great. If not, I am looking for someone to make one fore me as I cannot get photoshop.

You can use that image, just change it to a .tga file and import it to kgpanels and it should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykoticrage View Post
    You can use that image, just change it to a .tga file and import it to kgpanels and it should work just fine.
    How could I import the image?

First save the image somewhere in the wow folder, for reference i put mine in world of warcraft\interface\kgpanels images, just outside of the addons folder.
    /kgpanels config
    Then go to Art Library, on the right side where it says artwork path i would put in \\interface\kgpanels images\image.tga
    In the Artwork Name box you can put whatever you want so you will easily be able to pick that image out from a list if you decide to import more than one, like circular gradient for example.

Make sure Artwork Type is set to background, and hit the add button. If all went well you should be able to hit the + button beside the Art Library tab, then the same with the Backgrounds tab and your image should be in there.

First save the image somewhere in the wow folder, for reference i put mine in world of warcraft\interface\kgpanels images, just outside of the addons folder.
    /kgpanels config
    Then go to Art Library, on the right side where it says artwork path i would put in \\interface\kgpanels images\image.tga
    In the Artwork Name box you can put whatever you want so you will easily be able to pick that image out from a list if you decide to import more than one, like circular gradient for example.

Make sure Artwork Type is set to background, and hit the add button. If all went well you should be able to hit the + button beside the Art Library tab, then the same with the Backgrounds tab and your image should be in there.
    Thank you, I'll try that.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 04:10 PM ----------

The image size is huge though, 1920x1200...I thought kgpanels only worked up to 512x512?

You can scale the image down, either in whatever program you used to make it a .tga or in kgpanels itself. the first option would be easier though.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The artwork won't import (so kgPanels can't do anything with it) if the artwork is over 512x512. You'll have to resize it in your image editing program. FYI, to keep the aspect ratio on your artwork the same (so there's no stretching), I'd use 512x288 as my final resolution (or anything else with a 16:9 ratio between the X and Y).

Deleted
    I've seen some rendering weirdness though with image size exceeding 512x512.
    Unless you really need it, I'd use 512x512.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    keep the aspect ratio on your artwork the same (so there's no stretching), I'd use 512x288 as my final resolution (or anything else with a 16:9 ratio between the X and Y).
    I'll have to correct you on that one. You want to stretch the shorter edge of the image to match the longer one (so there's no data loss), then re-size the kgPanel (or whatever type of LayeredRegion widget) to fit the original ratio.