Hi, Fire mage help on omn-nom-nomitron heroic

Hi!
    Just going to spill it out:

My girlfriend's in my guild and we're currently progressing on Omnitron Heroic 10 man. We got it down to 5% the other night.
    However her dps is kinda low compaired to her gear. Being the good boyfriend, I want to help her, but I don't play a mage,
    I've tried to go through the elitistjerks stuff with her aswell, and from what she's saying she's doing, it doesn't seem wrong.
    What I'm hoping for, is some outside insight, maybe point out something she's doing wrong:

Link of a couple of our latest raid:

Her Character name is Mijay:

Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Mijay/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...um/damageDone/ (She was just in for Omnitron, Chimaeron and Atramedes)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...um/damageDone/

If you're not interested in helping, please refrain from posting.

Thanks for helping in advance,
    -Art

One big issue I'm seeing is her gemming. She should never be using 40hit gems for blue sockets. Intellect reigns supreme, change any 40hit to 20int/20hit. And never ignore a red socket and put any other color gem in there. It's better to reforge for hit cap than ignore the fact that you can get more intellect out of gems. Also, enchant all of her gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookstar View Post
    One big issue I'm seeing is her gemming. She should never be using 40hit gems for blue sockets. Intellect reigns supreme, change any 40hit to 20int/20hit. And never ignore a red socket and put any other color gem in there. It's better to reforge for hit cap than ignore the fact that you can get more intellect out of gems. Also, enchant all of her gear.
    I see your point, but then again, look at her reforging, every single item is reforged into hit.
    EDIT: Seeing that she doesn't have a boot enchant, that's 50 hit rating right there, new boots - silly girls
    Last edited by Artagnan; 2011-05-11 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artagnan View Post
    I see your point, but then again, look at her reforging, every single item is reforged into hit.
    She could reforge the her bell into hit rating which would open up a big chunk and then get a butt load more int from not using hit gems and using int gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artagnan View Post
    EDIT: Seeing that she doesn't have a boot enchant, that's 50 hit rating right there, new boots - silly girls
    That doesn't matter, and its wrong since the Bell is not reforged and that's 145 hit right there. Int is always the best stat that you can get, better than hit, so when you can choose between the two, which really only comes into play with gemming, Int is always the best choice even if that means being a bit under the hit cap.

When you have a blue socket with a socket bonus worth getting (+20 Int or better, which is only in her tier chest) then you can use a veiled dreadstone, but outside of that just go with +40 int across the board.

Also, her stat priority for reforging is wrong - mastery is her worst stat, followed by crit, then haste. So mastery should always be reforged to hit first, then crit to hit, etc. There shouldn't be any reason to reforge out of haste.

Thanks for the tips, I will ask her to reforge in the morning.

Keep the tips and stuff coming in, it helps a lot

seems like shes not refreshing living bomb fast enought,i see 32% uptime in that last log.

I think arcane would be better for heroic omnitron depending on how your guild is doing it.Fire is extremely OP if boss are tanked in a way that allow fire mage to spread dots.If you guys are tanking boss far from eachother arcane will most likely be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerizeh View Post
    seems like shes not refreshing living bomb fast enought,i see 32% uptime in that last log.

I think arcane would be better for heroic omnitron depending on how your guild is doing it.Fire is extremely OP if boss are tanked in a way that allow fire mage to spread dots.If you guys are tanking boss far from eachother arcane will most likely be better.
    We're tanking them apart we've had issues with stuff hitting the electron shield. (Consecration procs it aswell lol)

her going arcane would need a new gear set fire and arcane are too far apart but she could go frost and she wouldnt have to change really since there is still a 33.33% crit cap and i only have to have a few extra peices in 359+