Poll: What metal sub genre do you listen to the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I've been getting into these guys again recently, I loooooooove their stuff. Such a beautiful blend of black and death. I also love the way the bass is so prominent, that's somewhat uncommon outside of tech death and the like.

Gonna go see 'em in August with Grave, Pathology, and Gigan, gonna be awesome.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    That doesn't make any sense because TBDM isn't a deathcore band. They used to be metalcore/deathcore with their first album, but they're straight up melodic death right now. Their song structures don't resemble -core in the least bit (neither does trivium's last labum, thankfully). For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS4o37I5dMk

Is a very European sounding song, which is the direction they're heading. It's still got some American flair to it though, which is why I think it's such a unique sound. Now, how they're percieved is probably completely different than how they actually are. Just have to keep in mind though, a -core band won't be touring with one of the biggest names in death metal(or viking metal, but it's pretty much death metal with viking themes). Speaking from a musican's standpoint, TBDM are great and what's even better is the fact that their more complex style is getting popular amindst the droves of untalented popular bands(seriously, the fact that Emmure is popular just makes me cry).

Naturally, I still can't stand Amon Amarth for more than one or two songs, but the same goes for Turisas(although Rasputin was AMAZING) and most other viking metal/battle metal bands. I wouldn't call them a plague like a lot of the -core bands(hilarious that great bands like Unearth who created the genre are unknown to fans), but I'm afraid I'll never get into their music.
    Well I suppose they just played all their old stuff then, for it sounded very core to me. Either that or I'm not a fan of the american version of melo-death. As for the bands Amon Amarth tours with, well that's fairly random, they had Mastodon and Evile with them previously, a prog and a modern thrash band, I'm pretty sure they just ask whoever they like, they've also toured with Slayer and Trivium so *shrug*.
    I've never heard of "Emmure" but I'm thinking that's a good thing.

As for viking metal, I'll admit that most of it is silly and downright stupid, like wizard and pirate metal, but I still love Amon Amarth. Oh and funny how you should mention Turisas, (yes Rasputin is amazingly brilliant) their second album "The Varangian(sp) Way" is actually quite good, atleast half of it, the rest is just silly finns being drunk, and not in the good way.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Another one, been getting into brutal death again recently as well. These guys are great, with the added bonus of a female lead vocalist. And she's awesome. Obviously, this style is not for everyone, it even took me quite a while to get into it, but I can't get enough now. Pathology, Devourment, Benighted, they're all so much fun. Also, lyrics are the absolute least important thing to me in music, so not understanding what they're saying makes no difference whatsoever.

Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2011-05-22 at 01:10 AM.

hah your my friend ! tristania + sirenia + theater of tragedy = awesome trilogy ! you would also like "leaves' eyes" also if you like those tree!