UFC 130 MAIN EVENT cancelled!!!!!!!

http://www.ring-rap.com/2011/05/10/u...e-to-injuries/

Damn, that sucks. Was really looking forward to Edgar and Maynard again.

God damn, I really wanted to see that
    Can't leave that shit as a draw...it's just not right

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya that ticket just imploded into mediocrity. UFC should really consider moving it to Spike. There is really nothing to get excited about on that card at all. Aged second tier light heavyweight main fight now. Aged and second tier heavyweight now the co-headliner. And below those two fights there is about nothing.

They will fight eventually it just got postponed. I wonder when though. Having them fight in 131 would be too soon if their injuries are that bad, and 132 is going to be Cruz/Faber which is going to be a great main event so dont know if they'd push them out of the way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    They will fight eventually it just got postponed. I wonder when though. Having them fight in 131 would be too soon if their injuries are that bad, and 132 is going to be Cruz/Faber which is going to be a great main event so dont know if they'd push them out of the way.
    132 wouldn't really surprise me at all. Faber is likely going to be a huge draw like always, but the rest of that card is freaking awful. Yay we can watch a washed up Tito Ortiz get facerolled again! 133 is also a likely landing spot as that card lost its title match of Jones v Evans with Jones ligament injury from the Rua fight. Tossing the Maynard/Edgar fight on that card would make it absolute ridiculous. Evans/Davis, Little Nog/Franklin, and Akiyama/Belfort is already a good. Adding a title fight to it would make it amazing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta be honest, Edgar Maynard 3 is never going to be as amazing a fight as their last meeting was. We should get a winner from the 3rd meeting but I don't fancy Maynards chances if Edgar can survive like that.

Sure there might not be any Triple A fights on the card, but look at it objectively.

Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill - It will be interesting to see if Rampage is back or not. That average performance against Machida needs to be cleansed from folks memory.

Frank Mir vs. United States Roy Nelson - Fat Country isn't gonna let this be 15 minutes of plodding, he aint got the gas tank. This one ends via hillbilly haymaker to Mir's face for my money.

Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story - If Alves is out to fight and get back on the KO/TKO string, awesome. It'll be interesting on the ground if Story takes it there as well.

Stefan Struve vs. Travis Browne - I love watching Struve fight. This one should be a war.

Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago - This is probably my least interesting fight on the card.

End of the day, there have been majorly stacked cards that got outdone by the undercard fights.
    Never judge a card until it's all over

Quote Originally Posted by Yeyinde View Post
    End of the day, there have been majorly stacked cards that got outdone by the undercard fights.
    Never judge a card until it's all over
    Ended up being a pretty average card, some fights okay, some fights horrible, and I'm affraid if they still had edgar v maynard, it would still be just as average.

men in tights