Savage defense nerf

I'm surprised there's no thread about it yet, neither here or on the Wow forums. Am I missing something? Savage Defense only mitigating physical damage seems like a big nerf to me. Or was this just a tooltip correction? I'm not a feral tank so not entirely sure.

No change, just tooltip clarification.

Why are you making a thread if your not a feral tank ? But it's probably just to bring it inline with the other tanks absorbs which are all physical, otherwise any magic based boss would favour a druid tank.

Or it's a tooltip change.

Yeah i was planing to be feral tank on my alt but seeing this it's pretty damn sure that firelands with alot of fire damage will be unsuited for feral tanks, maybe not all the fights or all the phases but damn..

Yes i understand that savage defence is supposed to mimic paladin and warrior block mechanic which also only reduces physical damage, but DKs, paladins and warriors have more cds to use against heavy magic bosses, how this is going to make feral tanks wanted in firelands i dont see.
    Oh well, don't got a main feral tank in my guild anyways but our OS feral is surely going to have a few things to say about this tomorrow xD

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As previously noted, the change is a tooltip correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah i was planing to be feral tank on my alt but seeing this it's pretty damn sure that firelands with alot of fire damage will be unsuited for feral tanks, maybe not all the fights or all the phases but damn..

Yes i understand that savage defence is supposed to mimic paladin and warrior block mechanic which also only reduces physical damage, but DKs, paladins and warriors have more cds to use against heavy magic bosses, how this is going to make feral tanks wanted in firelands i dont see.
    Bears have overall the best magic damage mitigation amongst the tanks already with an always-on passive 6% magic damage reduction; I highly doubt that bears will be at a disadvantage from magic damage in Firelands. I'm pretty sure people will continue to bring the best player for the tanking job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

Oh well, don't got a main feral tank in my guild anyways but our OS feral is surely going to have a few things to say about this tomorrow xD
    I can't think of how Paladins already have more CD's to use against magic bosses, but FYI Feral takes the least amount of base magic damage because of Perserverance. So while AMS and new Shield Block might give them a small advantage every now and then, we still are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Why are you making a thread if your not a feral tank ?
    I'm leveling still, haven't made the switch to tank... just doing feral kitty for now.

Thanks, I thought it must be tooltip change since everyone was so quiet about it.