Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Artagnan View Post
    53m hp on 10 man ? Unless he has some weakness state, that's a big HP pool. oO
    I read some notes from a PTR group and I believe they said blizzard kept the same HP on 10 and 25 man... so it should be reduced on live servers to something more manageable.

Can someone confirm whether the bug in PTR made it to live? Where the 10m health value is the same as 25m?

If so, our 10m group is just gonna kill him in 25m mode ...

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 07:24 PM ----------

Just checked

53 mil in 10m
    71 mil in 25m

Seems a little off...

53 mil is a lot of health. Assuming five DPS doing 18k DPS each (most casual guilds), that's about 100k DPS total (with tanks), meaning it's an 8+ minute fight. That's pretty long for a pvp boss, not to mention how much faster it would be for 25ms, who'd have 3x the DPS and only 18mil more health to get through, lol.

In PTR the strategy was pretty straight forward and hinged on having good AOE DPS. No idea if they changed it for Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    It wouldn't make sense for Blizzard to make this a one-tank fight. So pugs are going to bring in two tanks for Argaloth, and then drop one for the 2nd boss?
    Too bad you can't have an offspec for DPS if your main spec is prot.. oh wait..

He has only 23.7million health in 10man
    Gave it some attempts earlier with no succes. Looks to me as though the fight revolves around the adds. As long as you hanlde them quickly and prevent as much raid damage as possible he goes down pretty fast. He is on a 5min enrage timer.

Just killed him, confirm just over 23million on ten man, easy fight

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to lead some new 25m BH pugs with only myself in my class! :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheOccidio View Post
    LOLWUT? You never tank swapped, the only time you wiped was when you had fail dps who didn't burn down the marked add in time ROFL

The only boss in VoA where you needed to tank swap is Toravon.
    Before gear trivialized the encounter, you needed a 2nd tank to taunt Archavon when he picked up the 1st tank.