Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by highlandr View Post
    30% of the amount healed via PoH.
    So say PoH hits for 10k per person. Thats a 3k shield on each. Now if PoH crits I believes its doubled (after patch) so its a 6k shield on each person or 4.5k (before patch). Hope that helps
    Kinda. Don't forget mastery boosts DA - with ~13 mastery you get a 40% DA proc. Also the DA proc is calculated from the crit amount, not the base heal amount.

Currently:
    10k poh procs 4k shield. Total non-crit = 14k.
    15k poh crit procs a 12k shield. Total crit = 27k.

In 4.2:
    20k poh crit procs a 16k shield. Total crit = 36k.

So poh gets hugely boosted on crit with this.

Other heals also get bigger DA procs, but not to this extent.
    For GH, your 30k heal with a 45k+18k crit becomes a 60k+24k crit.

What does 200% crit mean to most healers? Not much. No one is going to change their itemization over this. Healers must have predictability in order to make healing choices. If healers healed a 30mil healthbar from 0%-100% with no incoming damage, then this would be a monumental change.

What does 200% crit mean to disc tank healers? Everything. Does it change their itemization? No, but it makes one of their strengths even stronger.

EDIT: Of course, with the double dip crit on DA on PoH, and because of its relative efficiency [MPCT wise] compared to PW:S AND it can be refreshed AND be placed on 25 targets AND has synergy w/ other Disc priests, I'll not be surprised if some people start stacking crit/mst and rotating groups 1-5 with PoH to stack huge DAs as a modified bubblebot.

4.2, Crit-heal change and Atonement

My question: does Holy Fire/Smite now also crit with 200% damage or at least does the heal criticaly hit with 200%?

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    My question: does Holy Fire/Smite now also crit with 200% damage or at least does the heal criticaly hit with 200%?
    The crit has always been 200% but now the heal is aswell so I would assume it won't make a difference seeings as the talent does healing based on the damage which hasn't changed

Quote Originally Posted by Darktheist View Post
    The crit has always been 200% but now the heal is aswell so I would assume it won't make a difference seeings as the talent does healing based on the damage which hasn't changed
    The crit has never been 200%. Healers don't have "your crits do double damage" as a talent or passive effect.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If nothing else it will make talents like Inner Focus much more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Currently:
    15k poh crit procs a 12k shield. Total crit = 27k.

In 4.2:
    20k poh crit procs a 16k shield. Total crit = 36k.

So poh gets hugely boosted on crit with this.
    as you stated, PoH crits get buffed by 36/27 = 1.333 => 33.3%, just as every other heal crit got buffed.
    this buff doesnt buff PoH more than other heals. its a great buff to all crit heals :-D

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    they would have to nerf shamans too then, with Ancestral Awakening and perhaps druids with Living Seed.
    Oh yes they should just nerf Living Seed into the ground. Most OP talent EVER. But this does make my disc spec happy, since I always get stuck with the tanks and have mostly crit gear for it anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    What does 200% crit mean to most healers? Not much. No one is going to change their itemization over this.
    I'll not be surprised if some people start stacking crit/mst and rotating groups 1-5 with PoH to stack huge DAs as a modified bubblebot.
    I think you need to make up your mind here. Also, Shammies would like to see you in their office. Crit is a very handsome stat to them now with half of their talents dealing with crits in some way. I think this change to crits will change itemization for nearly all healers. Right now, I can comfortably say that most healers just reforge away all of their crit. Its uselessness is only rivaled by Shaman mastery (which is also getting a much needed rework). I think with the change to crit, we will see much more of a 'balance of all stats' mentality in the near future. You argue that crit is unattractive because of its randomness, but if Blizzard keeps with its mana sensitivity focus for at least the next tier, you will find that crits can be very helpful. Similarly, the more crit you get, the less random it is, making it more attractive.
    Last edited by Khallynos; 2011-05-12 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

To be fair, the statements are not incongruous because of the qualifiers most and some.

Also, I never mentioned crit as something that all healers do not universally want, rather that it wouldn't change itemization. If crit is already a big thing for you, this change still means it is a big deal for you, if it wasn't, it still isn't.

I also will continue to argue that crit is unattractive due to its randomness for most healers, because RNG and healing [in most cases] rarely is acceptable. "Sorry I didn't crit" doesn't cut it when you're healing, but who cares if you have a bad string of non-crits as DPS? It'll balance out over a 5-7min fight. Healers rarely can look at crit in that fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its awesome. Give 4,2 already!
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Actually, only Paladins and to a degree Holy Priests go for pure haste
    Fixed that for you
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Spiritus your argumentation is a bit meh.
    You never expext the next heal to crit, even if you go full crit.
    That means: if you have 10% more crit than the other priest that has 10% more haste, you will be using the exact same spells in the same situation.
    You allways do your job in assumtion of not critting, so it never can be the problem of not critting.
    The problem can be, that your crit build makes you a to slow caster.
    Thats what you sacrifice, for the chance to heal more on some casts and to prog aegis.

And compared to wtlk cataclysm is a very crit friendly environment.
    You dont precast gheals and land them as soon as the tank takes any dmg. Gh gets used when the tank loses greater chunks of hp. So crits often have the chance to do pure healing.
    And now, a crit proccs a schield in the hight of 72% of the initial heal with 0 mastery. So even if the crithealpart or eventhe ahole heal is overhealing, you still do a great deal of healing.

Im defenetly cgona try a pure crit build with 4.2 ie crit > haste > mas
    Mastery has a to small effect with current cavailable critchances...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Spiritus your argumentation is a bit meh.
    You never expext the next heal to crit, even if you go full crit.
    That means: if you have 10% more crit than the other priest that has 10% more haste, you will be using the exact same spells in the same situation.
    You allways do your job in assumtion of not critting, so it never can be the problem of not critting.
    The problem can be, that your crit build makes you a to slow caster.
    Thats what you sacrifice, for the chance to heal more on some casts and to prog aegis.

And compared to wtlk cataclysm is a very crit friendly environment.
    You dont precast gheals and land them as soon as the tank takes any dmg. Gh gets used when the tank loses greater chunks of hp. So crits often have the chance to do pure healing.
    And now, a crit proccs a schield in the hight of 72% of the initial heal with 0 mastery. So even if the crithealpart or eventhe ahole heal is overhealing, you still do a great deal of healing.

Im defenetly cgona try a pure crit build with 4.2 ie crit > haste > mas
    Mastery has a to small effect with current cavailable critchances...
    there's also the possibility that you sacrifice MST instead of HST. there should be a point where critting more often (thus proccing aegis more often) may compensate the loss of MST while increasing the overall effective healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landriss View Post
    Actually, only paladins and druids go for pure haste.
    a lot of disc raid healers like it as well... (because of the lack of instant aoe healing spells)

What does 200% crit mean to most healers? Not much. No one is going to change their itemization over this. Healers must have predictability in order to make healing choices. If healers healed a 30mil healthbar from 0%-100% with no incoming damage, then this would be a monumental change.
    I think you are being a bit too biased with this statement. You can very easily look at the other stats with the same level of critical devaluement. What's the value of an extra 5% haste if the slower heal was quick enough to heal your target and you're not constantly casting something with zero gaps? What's the value of spirit if you end a boss fight with a half a mana pool left? How great is mastery if as Holy everyone is constantly topped off and the HoTs are all overhealing?

I'm not arguing that crit is on equal footing, broad stroking statements like that are foolish. I will state that depending on the spec, healer makeup, type of encounter and your role, crit can and does most certainly have its place right now. With this change, it will only make it more valueable. That crit stats worth has gone up by a straight up 33%, without even considering talents and specific spells.

What does 200% crit mean to disc tank healers? Everything. Does it change their itemization? No, but it makes one of their strengths even stronger.
    Crit becomes very valueable to a disc priest tank healing with this change. The more crit you have, the less the randomness of it as well. Those long strings of non-crits are only relevant in low crit stacked gear.

It also becomes quite sexy to a holy priest in 25 mans who is given the raid healing job. It's a straight up HPM/HPS boost that effects everything, including mastery indirectly. PoM/Renew/CoH/PoH/GHeal/Echoes of Light *all* get affected by this buff. Shifting haste to crit will also have the added advantage of increasing your mana pool.

EDIT: Of course, with the double dip crit on DA on PoH, and because of its relative efficiency [MPCT wise] compared to PW:S AND it can be refreshed AND be placed on 25 targets AND has synergy w/ other Disc priests, I'll not be surprised if some people start stacking crit/mst and rotating groups 1-5 with PoH to stack huge DAs as a modified bubblebot.
    That's an utter waste of mana and time. A healer should always heal missing health first, and then stack proactive heals where they know it is coming for sure second.

The thing is both inspiration and crit only really useful if you are tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Crit becomes very valueable to a disc priest tank healing with this change. The more crit you have, the less the randomness of it as well. Those long strings of non-crits are only relevant in low crit stacked gear.
    Crit is already the best secondary stat for a disc priest tank healing, a fact of which Spiritus is well aware. We are therefore already gearing to maximize crit, so this change won't affect how we itemize - it will just make us more effective. Just to put some numbers on it: for my gear in 4.1, crit rating gives me 61% of the throughput of haste rating for single-target heals. In 4.2, that will go up to 85%, 89% if I change to the crit meta (Revitalizing). Crit changes from "the stat I prefer" to "the stat I would be an idiot not to gear for."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivicen View Post
    Holy Fire / Smite still crit for 150% (unless Blizz did some kind of damage spell crits are 200% across the board) but the amount healed has always been the amount damaged. If Holy Fire / Smite hits, Atonement 'hits' for the same amount. If Holy Fire / Smite crits, Atonement crits for the same amount. (before other modifiers). But its still the same amount of healing. The increased crit damage doesnt in turn give a healing value multiplied further by the same crit. So I'm pretty sure Atonement is left unaffected by this.
    well, as far as i know, a smite crit results in an atonement crit (which we can be pretty sure of since it also procs aegis) of about the same value as the damage dealt -not sure both values are equals even though tooltip says it should-.

if it stays this way for 4.2, i suppose on the contrary that smite crits might result in an atonement crit which value would be superior to smite dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    well, as far as i know, a smite crit results in an atonement crit (which we can be pretty sure of since it also procs aegis) of about the same value as the damage dealt -not sure both values are equals even though tooltip says it should-.

if it stays this way for 4.2, i suppose on the contrary that smite crits might result in an atonement crit which value would be superior to smite dmg.
    The atonement heals for more than the damage of Smite due to healing modifiers (Twin Disciplines, Field Dressing, the Dungeon Finder buff etc.) so Atonement isn't affected at all by the change to healing crit effectiveness.

A Smite critting for 150% damage won't turn into 200% healing.